Best part of the draft was...

Not having to listen to TD justify his picks by talking about how well they scored on his pressure plate or some other crutch he used to try to pick players.  

Regarding the salary cap... over the past few years I've head lots of talking heads justify TD's existence as a GM by saying "But he's a cap guy."  Well, last I heard was we are in serious cap trouble, so can anyone tell me again why AB kept him around for the past 3 years?  

Welcome to the new GM and HC and good job on the draft, can't wait to see them in action.  

17 minutes ago, richardc said:

Not having to listen to TD justify his picks by talking about how well they scored on his pressure plate or some other crutch he used to try to pick players.  

Regarding the salary cap... over the past few years I've head lots of talking heads justify TD's existence as a GM by saying "But he's a cap guy."  Well, last I heard was we are in serious cap trouble, so can anyone tell me again why AB kept him around for the past 3 years?  

Welcome to the new GM and HC and good job on the draft, can't wait to see them in action.  

He drafted Matt Ryan and Julio Jones?

23 minutes ago, mjqvi said:

The end of the fan mocks flooding the board. 

I hate to disappoint you, but it may not be over. Certain posters do "what I would have done at these picks" redrafts, and make threads giving their hindsight on who they think we should have taken with who was on the board at the time. They're even more insufferable than the mocks. Don't be surprised if they start popping up within the month.

My favorite part of the draft was when the Saints traded the Fontenot compensatory pick.  I dont know why, but I felt incredibly satisfied that our gain created a diminished return for them.

Combined with their other comp pick (Bridgewater), they were able to move up to get a player, b ut they will never be able to point to the Fontenot pick specifically and say "x player came from there".

I'll admit its really odd, but I do get satisfaction from that.

2 hours ago, richardc said:

You know most of the players that just got picked aren’t going to be very good and/or will sustain injuries they won’t recover from, right?

41 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

not drafting Justin Fields was my favorite part

Regardless of how anyone feels about Justin Fields, drafting any quarterback would have been just about the stupidest move this new regime could have made, considering the situation this team is in.  

It blows my mind how many people just never seemed to understand that.

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Regardless of how anyone feels about Justin Fields, drafting any quarterback would have been just about the stupidest move this new regime could have made, considering the situation this team is in.  

It blows my mind how many people just never seemed to understand that.

It's a purely emotional response.  They don't like Matt Ryan and they're infatuated with mobile qb's.  All reason goes out the window and you start seeing only what you want to believe.  Similar to Qanon.

20 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Getting the best player without having to reach or give up anything extra, and then not seeing a single 'waste' of any of the remaining picks.

The picks all came from a practical and well researched group-think.  IMO

Let's go Silverbacks.

Just going BPA all the way... yeah their board is not the same as ours.. but they saw there guys.. even trade back and still got them.. so I think this front office really knows how to build a TEAM and not just patch holes in the roster.. For onces we have OL depth and the 2 OL players we drafted are nasty...

That boy from Texas could really be a hidden gem... he is as athletic as they come...