What do you expect from Quadree Ollison in 2021?

Posted (edited)

I find it interesting that out of all the running backs on our team last year the only one still on the roster is the one that barely got any playing time. We also didn't address running back in the draft when we could have. I can't wait to see what Quadree Ollison does next year.

What do you predict will happen with Quadree Ollison in 2021? Do you think he will beat out Mike Davis for RB 1 and breakout like Michael Turner or Derek Henry? Will he just be used in goal line and 4th and 1 situations? Will he get cut before the season starts?

What do you think us Falcons fans will be saying about Quadree Ollison when the 2021 season is over?

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly don't know what to think.  Really, he was kept for two reasons.  One, he was under contract on a team that didn't have any players at the time.  And two, he is a bruiser.  But really, we ha

I like what I saw from him in spot duty.  The real question will be how does Arthur Smith see his role in the offense.  He doesn't strike me as a guy who keeps players around just to see what they hav

Considering he's done nothing his 1st 2 years I'm gunna go with "not much".

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I find it interesting that out of all the running backs on our team last year the only one still on the roster is the one that barely got any playing time. We also didn't address running back in the draft when we could have. I can't wait to see what Quadree Ollison does next year.

What do you predict will happy with Quadree Ollison in 2021? Do you think he will beat out Mike Davis for RB 1 and breakout like Michael Turner or Derek Henry? Will he just be used in goal line and 4th and 1 situations? Will he get cut before the season starts?

What do you think us Falcons fans will be saying about Quadree Ollison when the 2021 season is over?

I honestly don't know what to think.  Really, he was kept for two reasons.  One, he was under contract on a team that didn't have any players at the time.  And two, he is a bruiser.  But really, we have ZERO idea what he is capable of or if he even plays this year.  

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

I honestly don't know what to think.  Really, he was kept for two reasons.  One, he was under contract on a team that didn't have any players at the time.  And two, he is a bruiser.  But really, we have ZERO idea what he is capable of or if he even plays this year.  

I like what I saw from him in spot duty.  The real question will be how does Arthur Smith see his role in the offense.  He doesn't strike me as a guy who keeps players around just to see what they have.  He either has a plan to use him or he'll be cut.

I hope it's the former, because I like the potential.

Just now, JDaveG said:

I like what I saw from him in spot duty.  The real question will be how does Arthur Smith see his role in the offense.  He doesn't strike me as a guy who keeps players around just to see what they have.  He either has a plan to use him or he'll be cut.

I hope it's the former, because I like the potential.

He is fresh to.  He literally didn't come out of the wrapper last year.

Posted (edited)

I don't think he gets a ton of playing time with Mike Davis and Patterson getting the majority of snaps. Special teams, 3rd and short, and the occasional drive to keep guys fresh. 

BUT.. new regime, new chance to make that impression. Work your butt off and give 110% on every snap you get

Edited by Mister pudding

Not expecting much. 

4.58 40, 29.5” vert, 9.5’ broad, 7.53 3-cone...

All really horrible metrics by RB standards. Although James Conner did alright with pretty much identical metrics, so who knows.

The only things going for him is he's 6’1 232 (which AS apparently likes), has nearly zero tread on the tires, and tends to fall forward over the goal line when handed the ball in the redzone.

Maybe he does well in AS’s scheme. I hope he does.

Posted (edited)

He said he was down around 220 something last season. At 6'1 220ish him and Mike Davis could combine to be a pretty physical 1-2 punch. 

Patterson I'd expect might pitch in 3-5 carries a game, too. 

Edited by BDS
1 minute ago, Beef said:

Not expecting much. 

All really horrible metrics by RB standards. Although James Conner did alright with pretty much identical metrics, so who knows.

The only things going for him is he's 6’1 232 (which AS apparently likes), has nearly zero tread on the tires, and tends to fall forward over the goal line when handed the ball in the redzone.

That would actually mean he has very little left after being used a ton.

I think you mean he has very little wear on his tires.

5 minutes ago, Beef said:

Not expecting much. 

Happy Birthday

Look at his college highlights.  Looks like an outside zone scheme (correct me on that if I'm wrong) with the QB handing off to him a lot after snapping from under center. Has vision, can make the cut and go up-field. Stiff armed the 22nd pick Caleb Farley (a CB, but a bigger CB) out of his body at 2:29.

Who knows, maybe he doesn't even make the roster this year, but on paper you would think he would do well in AS's running attack.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Look at his college highlights.  Looks like an outside zone scheme (correct me on that if I'm wrong) with the QB handing off to him a lot after snapping from under center. Has vision, can make the cut and go up-field. Stiff armed the 22nd pick Caleb Farley (a CB, but a bigger CB) out of his body at 2:29.

Who knows, maybe he doesn't even make the roster this year, but on paper you would think he would do well in AS's running attack.

He's a punisher.  Hopefully he can hang on to the rock and be something.  It's a new day and a fresh start.

25 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Considering he's done nothing his 1st 2 years I'm gunna go with "not much".

Except for the fact he's played the last 2 years for Dirk Koetter. He's been known to leave weapons on the bench in favor of washed up vets.

We have no idea what Ollison might offer.

16 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I don't see Patterson taking many RB snaps.  He seems more dangerous in the slot to me.  But, what the heck do I know?  

Exactly. It sounds like Ollison and Davis will battle it out for 1. I don't know what to expect from hawkins.