WR- Calvin Ridley

WR- Russell Gage

TE- Kyle Pitts

LT- Jake Matthews

LG- Jalen Mayfield

C- Drew Dalman

RG- Chris Lindstrom

RT- Caleb Mcgary

No idea what is going to happen on DEFENSE, would love to see what people will think on defense

1 minute ago, texasfalconfan said:

So that would leave gono and Hennessy as the backups? Is Hennessy really that bad? I reallly wasn’t able to see much of him playing, living in texas we don’t get many falcons games broadcasted unless we’re playing well.

I like Gono as a swing tackle.  And Hennessy might be a heck of an interior swiss army knife.  The competition will be gruelling.

10 minutes ago, jj001002002 said:

QB1- Matt Ryan

RB- Mike Davis

WR- Julio Jones

WR- Calvin Ridley

WR- Russell Gage

TE- Kyle Pitts

LT- Jake Matthews

LG- Jalen Mayfield

C- Drew Dalman

RG- Chris Lindstrom

RT- Caleb Mcgary

No idea what is going to happen on DEFENSE, would love to see what people will think on defense

Change out Dalman for Hennessy and you should be about right

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

I think the job as it stands is Hennessy's to lose.  The fight will be for LG and RT IMHO.

McGary was much better than Henny at his position. I doubt Gono of any one is as good as healthy McGary. Mayfield and Dalman have a lower bar to beat. It would be interesting to see who gets LG/C among Dalman, Mayfield and Hennessy. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

McGary was much better than Henny at his position. I doubt Gono of any one is as good as healthy McGary. Mayfield and Dalman have a lower bar to beat. It would be interesting to see who gets LG/C among Dalman, Mayfield and Hennessy. 

I'd almost bet that Mayfield is on the field.  He's mean.  I get the distinct feeling Hennessy=Konz.  He's giving me the soft vibe.  I sincerely hope I'm hallucinating and delirious from lack of sleep and day drinking, and that he is better than I fear.

38 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'd almost bet that Mayfield is on the field.  He's mean.  I get the distinct feeling Hennessy=Konz.  He's giving me the soft vibe.  I sincerely hope I'm hallucinating and delirious from lack of sleep and day drinking, and that he is better than I fear.

Problem with Konz wasn't so much him being soft. Once the teams figured out his inconsistency in the pad level, they went after him. Konz had a very good rookie year at OG. Hennessy coming out of college last year wasn't known for his technique. He was project pick and would be interesting to see if he can grow in next few months with Ledford and AS coaching the young guys. Dalman is athletic, better technique and called protection calls at Stanford. His biggest knock is the size, we will see how he will handle big guys like Davison and Grady. 

15 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

The question that I pondered both pre and post draft

Is our oline ineffective due to players or due to coaching? It seems AS thinks it's some of each. Nothing will be given to these guys. Earn your playing time

I think it was definitely a bit of both, but I'm hoping with the new additions and much better coaching between AS and Lenford, we'll see the true potential of our line unlocked.  

I think there's a 3 man race for 2 spots on the interior line.  4-man if they throw Gono into the mix.

Hennessy, Dalman, Mayfield and maybe Gono will be battling. Gono and Mayfield are sure fire guards -- neither will be playing center I wouldn't think.  So that means Hennessy and Dalman are competing for both the starting C position and the starting LG position.  I love that, because the worst case scenario is you have backups prepared to play because they were fighting for the starting role all offseason.

Now, that's if they don't see Mayfield as a potential RT (which would not bode well for us, since they'd already be looking to replace a 1st rounder in McGary).  But I don't get the feeling that's the case, since Mayfield projected as a G from the jump.

18 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

The question that I pondered both pre and post draft

Is our oline ineffective due to players or due to coaching? It seems AS thinks it's some of each. Nothing will be given to these guys. Earn your playing time

It was a sum of the parts.  We didn't have an identity or have the players to match the scheme as it stood (was there one?).  AS wants his style of player, his scheme and a competition to get them there.  HE MADE TY SAMBRAILO LOOK COMPETENT.  

48 minutes ago, jj001002002 said:

QB1- Matt Ryan

RB- Mike Davis

WR- Julio Jones

WR- Calvin Ridley

WR- Russell Gage

TE- Kyle Pitts

LT- Jake Matthews

LG- Jalen Mayfield

C- Drew Dalman

RG- Chris Lindstrom

RT- Caleb Mcgary

I wouldn't be shocked if Quadree Ollison was our RB 1. 

40 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think the job as it stands is Hennessy's to lose.  The fight will be for LG and RT IMHO.

IF you had the same staff in place, I would agree with you on this.

however, there is truth to the, he’s not my guy when coaches make decisions like these.

I just HOPE that they give everyone a fair shot and let the best men win!

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

IF you had the same staff in place, I would agree with you on this.

however, there is truth to the, he’s not my guy when coaches make decisions like these.

I just HOPE that they give everyone a fair shot and let the best men win!

Oh, I'd say your right.  Henny has one year of pro experience.  Dalman was most definitely brought in to compete.  AS basically said come to camp, come to compete.  Best man plays.  Period.

LT - Matthews

LG - Gono 

C - Dalman/Hennessey 

RG - Lindstrom 

RT - McGary 

I doubt we put both rookies next to each other on the interior being that Mayfield/Dalman/Hennessey all struggle against power and Matt Ryan isn't great with pressure in his face. 

Gono's experience puts him at LG IMO with Dalman & Hennessey battling to start at center with Mayfield backing up Gono. 

39 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Oh, I'd say your right.  Henny has one year of pro experience.  Dalman was most definitely brought in to compete.  AS basically said come to camp, come to compete.  Best man plays.  Period.

This is easily the most young hungry talent I can ever remember the Falcons having at the Oline. And I am very excited about it!!!

32 minutes ago, BDS said:

LT - Matthews

LG - Gono 

C - Dalman/Hennessey 

RG - Lindstrom 

RT - McGary 

I doubt we put both rookies next to each other on the interior being that Mayfield/Dalman/Hennessey all struggle against power and Matt Ryan isn't great with pressure in his face. 

Gono's experience puts him at LG IMO with Dalman & Hennessey battling to start at center with Mayfield backing up Gono. 

Gono is bad at G. If you want Experience then Andrews will be the guy.

Offense is obvious, sans Dalman vs Hennessey. Defense is a little tricky until we know exactly what Pees wants his base front to look like. Biggest question is NT, where Grady is quite undersized for the position.