This kid is quite intriguing. He is a pretty mobile dude for a guy that is 6'7". 

I'm not a big college fan but looks like he was the starter at Florida, then hurt his ankle, and lost his job to Trask. As far as a project goes, he looks good on film. Has pretty quick feet, big arm, really really nice mechanics. Kid might actually stick, his agent did well for him.

I am sure there are UF and Arkansas fans that know much more than I about him though. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only QB ever to lose their job to Kyle Trask. 😬

I know people hate him from his Florida days but he had an absolutely stellar year at Arkansas. Set a school record for completion percentage posting 68.5%.   17 tds and 4 ints.  These are good number

This kid is quite intriguing. He is a pretty mobile dude for a guy that is 6'7".  I'm not a big college fan but looks like he was the starter at Florida, then hurt his ankle, and lost his job to

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Did he lose the job because of the injury? Meaning did he get the starting job back when healthy or was he told he was not the starter while he was hurt?

Not sure, just thought it was a funny “fun fact”

it sounds like he lost it because he got injured and Trask just played better than he did before getting hurt.

Posted (edited)

I know people hate him from his Florida days but he had an absolutely stellar year at Arkansas. Set a school record for completion percentage posting 68.5%.   17 tds and 4 ints.  These are good numbers folks...

To put it in perspective, lets compare his numbers to a guy like say... Kellen Mond.

Mond 2020

10 games

2282 passing yards 

63.3% completion percentage

19 tds and 3 ints

294 rushing yards and 4 TDs

Franks 2020

9 games 

2107 passing yards 

68.5% completion percentage 

17 tds and 4 ints

204 rushing yards and 1 TD

Very similar numbers.  Actually, Franks was much more accurate.  Now add in the fact that Franks is 6'6" 234 and ran a handtimed 4.59 and now you can see the potential in him.  Late bloomer but started to click for him late.

I think at the least, we should try to develop him like a Taysom Hill. Yes, he most likely won't develop into the receiving threat Hill became but is wildly more accurate coming out of college and can provide us with a guy that can run an RPO at a high level.  Very dangerous wrinkle to add and he WAS ACCURATE at Arkansas.  I say he beats out McCarron and provides some upside for development.  Get that Florida mess out your brains and look at last years tape.  He's good....

FYI, he posted all these numbers in the SEC...

Edited by gHost83
3 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I like Franks as a developmental guy. Great arm, great size. Just needs time to develop his ability to read defenses and decision making. Could turn into a really solid back up.

Agreed. He still stared down his target but his decision making has improved already. Needs to keep improving but the potential is there.

If people like Mond, I don't see how you can't like Franks as a developmental prospect.  I just hope we actually have a **** preseason to evaluate him properly.

I will say that I'm very skeptical of the idea that a guy who was bad in college is now suddenly going to get rid of all those bad traits in the NFL. I'd love it to happen, but I'll believe it when I see it. I will also say however, that the idea that if Mullen couldn't develop him, then he's lost, is waaaay overrating Mullen as a QB developer, so I guess we'll just see.

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I will say that I'm very skeptical of the idea that a guy who was bad in college is now suddenly going to get rid of all those bad traits in the NFL. I'd love it to happen, but I'll believe it when I see it. I will also say however, that the idea that if Mullen couldn't develop him, then he's lost, is waaaay overrating Mullen as a QB developer, so I guess we'll just see.

A guy like Franks has the best shot IMO if he’s being coached by Shanny or Arthur. Both QB friendly systems so I’m really excited to see this play out.

19 minutes ago, hjerry said:

How was he bad last year? Arkansas fans rave about him...