Don't Blink

He's the lightning to Davis. I loved how he just looks for the seem and is gone. He will be a legit wide zone RB. I think we have 3 legit RBs. Total upgrade from everything we had last year. Now with the massive influx of competition on the IOL, I hope we can find some guys to open up those seems.

I know he was alot bigger but his running style reminds me of Jerious Norwood alot.  They both have those scrawny wiry legs that seems to fly all over the place.  They both run very upright when they hit their top gear and they both do that weird wide leg stutter step when trying to make people miss.  This is not a complaint at all because i thought Norwood was a **** of a change of pace back and loved watching him run.    Hawkins is for sure much smaller but that doesn't mean alot to me when it comes to COP backs because their supposed to be home run hitters and get the ball in space not slamming into the D-line all the time.    For sizing you could put him in the Warrick Dunn category as well and say he is a bit of a mixture of those 2.

As a Louisville fan, I am very happy since I have seen him play here for the last couple of years.  As a Falcon fan, it is perfect pick since we need that home run speed to compliment the other backs that are more pound it.  Javian Hawkins is not all speed, he carried the ball pretty well and did it against good competition like Miami, FSU, and Clemson.  This is the guy I wanted in Round 4 but definitely glad we got him undrafted.  This answers all that wanted Williams in Round 2.  

I know he’s little, but he got it done between the tackles against some respectable defenders. His speed and pass catching ability along with his familiarity with Ledford, should be a nice 3rd down complementary piece to go with the bruisers in Davis and Ollison.

8 hours ago, ATLSAGE said:

He kinda reminds me of Jacquizz Rodgers. 

Thought the same, but Quizz was thicker coming out, over 2 inches shorts and about 13 pounds heavier.  Hopefully Hawkins can add some bulk over the next few months.

1 hour ago, oztin said:

Was that Wes Druham on some of those calls?

Sounded like Wes and I heard Tony Dungy during the Norte Dame game talking about how he did the same thing the previous week on 3 &18 and talks again about his speed.