Kudos to Fontenot and Smith on their first draft

Yup.  They are bringing that BDE to the branch.  With a plan and slaying it like they have been here before. 

I don't know if it was 100% bpa, but I couldn't see their board.  Hindsight being 20-20, I think this was 180 degrees from the TD regime.   We seemed to get value up and down the draft, from the trade to the actual picks.

Call me a fan.

Poorly disguised i was right thread 😆

In all seriousness i agree, good first draft. You cant argue the talk doesnt match the walk after taking a C and OT. TD wouldnt have likely touched either of those positions and waited until there was a hole and reached in the draft or overpaid an underachieving FA. So glad that **** is done.

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

Poorly disguised i was right thread 😆

In all seriousness i agree, good first draft. You cant argue the talk doesnt match the walk after taking a C and OT. TD wouldnt have likely touched either of those positions and waited until there was a hole and reached in the draft or overpaid an underachieving FA. So glad that **** is done.

shhhhhh...

I threw shades of “I was wrong” in there as well 😆

I'm not very familiar with the guys we picked in the later rounds, but every one I take a close look at is a good, solid football player. This looks to be a very good to excellent first effort for AS and TF. Schultz and the rest of Falcon haters will have to dig deep to find something to throw shade at.

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm not very familiar with the guys we picked in the later rounds, but every one I take a close look at is a good, solid football player. This looks to be a very good to excellent first effort for AS and TF. Schultz and the rest of Falcon haters will have to dig deep to find something to throw shade at.

Ok this draft sux now. Ur hammered. 

#torpedofontenotnow

I'm pumped. Fontenot said that they'd try to fill team needs through FA but draft for BPA. He didn't lie even though his board was different from that of a lot of fans. 

Next year, I don't expect to see another existential discussion about "What Does BPA Mean" because exhibit A will be the 2021 draft class.

32 minutes ago, Rise said:

I was wrong. It became a great draft.

Mayfield and Salman complete the O-Line.

They drafted every trouble spot but pass rusher, and they may have found one later than expected.

No RB, but some may be released..

The Oline competition is going to be  a bloodbath.  What is awesome is our depth will be good.  By the time we draft/bring in MR2'S REPLACEMENT, this team will be deep and ready to roll for success.  Exciting times.

59 minutes ago, Rise said:

I was wrong. It became a great draft.

Mayfield and Salman complete the O-Line.

They drafted every trouble spot but pass rusher, and they may have found one later than expected.

No RB, but some may be released..

Got a couple UDFAs already.

As with all classes I'll take a wait and see approach. Looks promising though. We had 7 of Daniel Jeremiah's top 150 players so would appear we got decent value from our picks for what it is worth.

10 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Fontenot was the guy I wanted as soon as the GM position opened up.  Aints rosters have always had depth and have been well rounded.  From the pro personnel side it’s clear to see that Fontenot knows what he’s doing.  Bringing in quality guys like Patterson, Harmon, Erik Harris, Mingo, Moreau, etc...not to bash Dimitroff and Quinn, but these are pieces we wouldn’t have seen here.  A lot of people here didn’t think he’d do well in the draft aspect because “that was all Mickey Loomis”, but it’s obvious that Fontenot knows how to work a draft board; trading down when needed, finding boom picks and value picks.  Now looking at the UDFA signings and again it’s clear that we are bringing in intriguing players that will push the competition in house.  

Arthur Smith was a guy that I didn’t want lol.  However, I’ve grown to trust that this guy is no frills and all business.  He and Terry seem to be on the same page with a clear vision in mind.  They have worked this off-season masterfully together so far.  We won’t truly know the full extent of his coaching abilities until players get on field, but all signs point towards a positive outcome considering the synergy in the FO right now.

High five, fist bump, daps all around.  Great job, guys! 

Really didn't hear much about AB having his finger in the draft and kind of glad about that