Day#3 - Falcons have 2 of the top 10 picks(#108/114) today - let's build our Top 10 Board for Round#4 here

Ok, so Falcons - if chosen wisely, could get two legit long-term starters today if we are both smart/lucky - soooo hard to predict what these kids will do at the next level - it's about talent but it's also about smarts, work ethic and tremendous focus and priority.   Nevertheless, as fans we don't know much of that so this is just based on what we do know.

My thought here is I would like 10 or so of us to post their "Top 10 Draft Board" for Day 3 here that we know - if you are on the top 10, the Falcons will have a shot at at least 8 of the 10 players at pick #108 and at least 1 of the players at #114 (did I do the math right? :D)

So I will start here and you guys can follow - maybe after we get 10 or so of these we can start trying to compile a composite board that matches the collective thoughts of all of us.

put them IN ORDER of your priority.

reserved

1. Michael Carter, RB - UNC
  2. Tay Gowan, CB - UCF
  3. Jabril Cox, LB - LSU
  4. Robert Rochell, CB - Central Arkansas
  5. Kenneth Gainwell, RB - Memphis
  6. Jordan Smith, EDGE - UAB
  7. Chris Rumph, EDGE - Duke
  8. Stone Forsythe, OT - Florida (I believe Jalen Mayfield will be an OG)
  9. Jay Tuefle, DT - USC
  10. Rhamondre Stevenson, RB - Oklahoma  (physical runner and 231lb load)

Lots of good talent left. That trade down was a stroke of genius imho. Also, I think the Falcons Big Board is probably very different since some of these guys don't fit the prototype the coaches tend to favor (mostly Washington), and some might feel redundant or not needed, but here it is anyways.

1) Ar'Darius Washington, S, TCU

2) Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami

3) Chris Rumph II, DE/OLB, Duke

4) Trey Smith, G, Tenn

5) Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

6) Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, FSU

7) Elerson Smith, DE, Nor Iowa

😎 Kylin Hill, RB, Miss St

9) Quincy Roche, DE/OLB, Miami

10) Jay Tufele, DT, USC

RB. Michael Carter.

EDGE. Chris Rumph II.

S. Jamar Johnson.

LB. Jabril Cox.

CB. Robert Rochell.

CB. Tay Gowan.

S. Hamsah Nasirildeen.

DT. Daviyon Nixon.

DT. Bobby Brown III.

RB. Khalil Herbert.

Bonus, RB. Kenneth Gainwell. 

I think this is the pick if Michael Carter gone - Fontenot doubles up on UCF back-end. - below is from PFF

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-day-3-targets-for-every-nfl-team-sleepers-late-round-picks

ATLANTA FALCONS: CB TAY GOWAN, UCF

Gowan actually comes in higher on the PFF big board (69th overall) than Georgia cornerbacks Eric Stokes and Tyson Campbell, who were drafted in the late-first and early-second round range. He only really has one year on tape against AAC competition, but that year was impressive. Gowan finished the year with an 80.1 coverage grade and has an intriguing combination of size and movement skills. Atlanta has yet to address the cornerback position through their first three picks.

1 minute ago, Bridgeburner said:

I don't see us picking Michael Carter,

He's a scat back. we have patterson, we need a thumper, every down type back.

if you are looking for the closest thing to Derrick Henry - would be this guy - Rhamondre Stevenson - he is on my list!   Frankly we could take a 3rd down back and a bully - Mike Davis is good but he is 28yrs old and a short-term solution.

Rhamondre Stevenson, RB, Oklahoma - NFL Draft Player Profile

Listening to yesterday's press conference I can definitely see us going CB with one of those first 2 picks, Tay Gowan would be my guy there. I'd like us to attack RB and DE early as well. There's a bunch of DT talent in these next few rounds like Bobby Brown and Marvin Wilson (and Khyris Tonga!) that we could look at

RB Michael Carter
DT Jay Tufele

CB Tay Gowan
DT Daviyon Nixon
RB Kenneth Gainwell
OL Trey Smith
CB Shaun Wade
S Hamsah Nasirildeen
RB Kylin Hill
Edge Janarius Robinson
LB Jabril Cox
Edge Rashad Weaver
DT Tyler Shelvin
OG Deonte Brown
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Jaret Patterson
Edge Adetokunbo Ogundeji

6th round 
OC Drake Jackson

3 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I'd be for Gowan and best RB available.  The offseason would have made big steps toward fixing our run game and our secondary this year.

That's two huge pieces.

the good news is we know Fontenot has seen a lot of Gowan tape from two years ago as he was scouting Richie Grant - so he should be very familiar w/ Gowan - will be interesting to see if he is the pick with one of these 4th rounders.

Feels like an "either/or" to me w/ Michael Carter and Tay Gowan - don't see how we could get both.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the good news is we know Fontenot has seen a lot of Gowan tape from two years ago

They've brought him in for interview as well so they must be interested. Just depends on who's BPA when were on the clock, bring it on!

Just now, alexhead97 said:

They've brought him in for interview as well so they must be interested. Just depends on who's BPA when were on the clock, bring it on!

my money is on Gowan there w/ the first pick as - if Falcons not in love w/ Michael Carter - then they can get a RB later in 4th or w/ 5th rounder.

1. Michael Carter, RB

2. Kenneth Gainwell, RB

3. Jabril Cox, LB

4. Jamar Johnson, S

5. Tyler Shelvin, NT

6. Jay Tufele, DT

7. Wyatt Hubert, DE

8. Bobby Brown, NT

9. Tylan Wallace, WR / AmonRa St Brown WR

10. Dylan Moses, LB

27 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I'd be for Gowan and best RB available.  The offseason would have made big steps toward fixing our run game and our secondary this year.

That's two huge pieces.

I believe this might be what happens

Jabril Cox- LB

Love Michael Carter (small but love his runs)- RB

Trey Smith- OG

Rashad Weaver- DE

Camryn bynum - CB

Stevenson- RB

Jaylen Twyman- DT

Marvin Wilson - DT

Jamie Newman- QB

Paris Ford - S