How much better is our secondary now?

15 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Grant hasn't played a down. To say it's an upgrade is wishful thinking at best. Plus Falcons lost more than 1 safety lest we forget.

Pitts is a WR. His blocking is crap. He isn't going to be really asked to block. Even as a WR if he is highly graded, it wasn't a need, and WRs have much less impact than QB. But I don't hate Pitts. I rather have the Falcons get a Lombardi than care if Pitts goes to the HOF.

Team achievement is priority over individual player achievement.

So accurate riding to you no team is improved by the draft .

ok spanky, please let us know how that works for you. 

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Grant and Hall just shored up our secondary. We could be set for a while if our FA pickups pan out. 

Honestly, we actually have the makings of a competition, and perhaps, wait for it, depth.

12 hours ago, jm_falcons said:

no improvement to our pass rush at all...and in the NFL that means Not For Long when it comes to feeling good about our revamped secondary. I guess it's a start to this train wreck of a defense....but that's all it is. Thank goodness for Grady and Jones.  

I think we're overlooking one aspect of our defense, and it's one everyone complained we didn't use enough until Morris took over:

Peas is going to rely on our LBers + Fowler to create pressure. We are going to blitz, like a lot. One of Foye/Walker/Jones is coming down on every single play. They've all shown to be very productive in blitzing roles. 

Not a bad thing at all, but I am a tad worried about our lack of depth behind those 3, and whether Fowler shakes off a very low effort season.. 

18 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Grant hasn't played a down. To say it's an upgrade is wishful thinking at best. Plus Falcons lost more than 1 safety lest we forget.

Pitts is a WR. His blocking is crap. He isn't going to be really asked to block. Even as a WR if he is highly graded, it wasn't a need, and WRs have much less impact than QB. But I don't hate Pitts. I rather have the Falcons get a Lombardi than care if Pitts goes to the HOF.

Team achievement is priority over individual player achievement.

Like you said they haven't played a down, so that goes both ways, not sideways. Why don't we give this new regime a chance and you can come back and tell us how happy you are or say you told us so.  Right now these opinions should be in purgatory until we actually see what we got come game time. 

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Like you said they haven't played a down, so that goes both ways, not sideways. Why don't we give this new regime a chance and you can come back and tell us how happy you are or say you told us so.  Right now these opinions should be in purgatory until we actually see what we got come game time. 

I'm actually pretty **** excited for what TF is doing.  A total facelift, on a budget, and adding pieces to compete.  To me, the Dalman pick is the one that sets it all in motion.  Henny will have to step it up, McGary needs to get his **** together or Jalen takes his job.  The secondary has all kinds of additions, and a fierce competition is about to happen there.

All told, I'm stoked.

17 minutes ago, nuccah said:

I think we're overlooking one aspect of our defense, and it's one everyone complained we didn't use enough until Morris took over:

Peas is going to rely on our LBers + Fowler to create pressure. We are going to blitz, like a lot. One of Foye/Walker/Jones is coming down on every single play. They've all shown to be very productive in blitzing roles. 

Not a bad thing at all, but I am a tad worried about our lack of depth behind those 3, and whether Fowler shakes off a very low effort season.. 

I hope so, I love blitzing and it is the best way to disguise a weak pass rush. No more of that sending 3 on 3rd and long...Quinn used to ef our D every time. 

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm actually pretty **** excited for what TF is doing.  A total facelift, on a budget, and adding pieces to compete.  To me, the Dalman pick is the one that sets it all in motion.  Henny will have to step it up, McGary needs to get his **** together or Jalen takes his job.  The secondary has all kinds of additions, and a fierce competition is about to happen there.

All told, I'm stoked.

Same here, we filled positions of need with coopetition picks had some really solid BPA picks, and to put the icing on the cake we got the best return guy in the draft.  All in all not bad.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I hope so, I love blitzing and it is the best way to disguise a weal pass rush. No more of that sending 3 on 3rd and long...Quinn used to ef our D every time. 

I think the heavy secondary help was a sign we want to contain the enemy in front of us.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Same here, we filled positions of need with coopetition picks had some really solid BPA picks, and to put the icing on the cake we got the best return guy in the draft.  All in all not bad.

I really like Avery Williams as our PR and ST ace. What a great pickup and doubly so for not settling on Cord at PR. 

Just now, nuccah said:

I really like Avery Williams as our PR and ST ace. What a great pickup and doubly so for not settling on Cord at PR. 

Yep, many teams forgo these type guys, smart teams pick them, because if that is all he can do is return, but he great at it, I pick him every time. This is a guy I've been waiting to draft for a long time. Brave pick but it will payoff.