Jump to content

I can't let this go, I just can't


Recommended Posts

All I have to say, we just have to wait and see how the 2021 and 2022 seasons turn out. That's all I'm going to say. We will see if Kyle Pitts at #4 and the rest of how we build the team throughout the later rounds really benefitted us. We will know throughout 2021 and 2022 if Matt Ryan still was really the guy. We will also know if Justin Fields ends up being really successful in Chicago, or if he ends up being a bust. Only time will tell. I'm not gonna argue or debate with anyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:lol:

7 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

All I have to say, we just have to wait and see how the 2021 and 2022 seasons turn out. That's all I'm going to say. We will see if Kyle Pitts at #4 and the rest of how we build the team throughout the later rounds really benefitted us. We will know throughout 2021 and 2022 if Matt Ryan still was really the guy. We will also know if Justin Fields ends up being really successful in Chicago, or if he ends up being a bust. Only time will tell. I'm not gonna argue or debate with anyone. 

Excellent, so sit there & keep your big mug quiet for the next two years until it all plays out & we're good.  jk...sort of...

:ninja::lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, birds_2005 said:

Blank got burned by Vick in part due to “work ethic” issues. Wondering if the Fields work ethic rumors scared him off. I have to think Blank wanted a high profile QB to get some buzz going business wise.

Blank didn't have anything to do with it man, come on.  This is all TF and AS, they're in charge now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Fields went to Siberia to learn to be a pro QB.  I pity the kid.  But 11 teams did not see him as an immediate or developmental need at this time.  That is quite telling.  

Ridiculous.

(I'm more than cool with Pitts. But QB WAS a real consideration at 4.)

But back to your take.....Want me to list all the QBs teams passed on that have turned out very well? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was all for a QB. Went with Pitts, cool. I just hope they find a legit guy to develop. It can be Mond, Mills or Newman.  I think we have a 2 year window with Matt.  One of the guys on 92.9 FM pulled out 4 or 5 years in the tank for Matt and Archer was quick to basically say I wouldn't go that far. 

I just look at it like this, so you have never had a flat tire. You drive long enough and you will. Hope you are prepared.  Who would have thought 2 years ago we would have questions around Julio? The page has to eventually turn. 

Edited by isproab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hollywood said:

Ridiculous.

(I'm more than cool with Pitts. But QB WAS a real consideration at 4.)

But back to your take.....Want me to list all the QBs teams passed on that have turned out very well? 

 

I'm sure many.  I was commenting on this draft, and Fields "falling" in this draft.  Nothing more.  He was not seen as someone needed by several QB needy teams.  Trey Lance, raw as cookie dough, was selected at three.

I feel sorry for the kid.  He has potential.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, isproab said:

I was all for a QB. Went with Pitts, cool. I just hope they find a legit guy to develop. It can be Mond, Mills or Newman.  I think we have a 2 year window with Matt.  One of the guys on 92.9 FM guys pulled out 4 or 5 years in the tank for Matt and Archer was quick to basically say I wouldn't go that far. 

I just look at it like this, so you have never had a flat tire. You drive long enough and you will. Hope you are prepared.  Who would have thought 2 years ago we would have questions around Julio? The page has to eventually turn. 

And it will.  The teams grade players, scheme fits and situations far differently than the fans.  Had our ship been more secure,  we may have taken a QB.  Missing a few too many pieces, and a QB didn't make logistical sense this draft.  

Developmental QBs are for backup duties.  Mond or someone like him may get a look from the Falcons.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, athell said:

All offseason we have had to deal with the QB@4 crowd being belligerent, antagonistic, patronizing and aggressive to anyone who dared suggest we weren't taking a QB at 4 no matter any of the real world reasoning and logistics behind it.  Some of you were downright brutal this offseason making it one of the worst offseasons I can remember.  TATF was a joke, full of trolls bashing on Matt at every chance they got and pushing their conspiracy theories as to why person x said thing y which SURELY means QB at 4.

A lot of us told you the entire time you were wrong, and it wasn't a QB at 4.  You laughed at us.  You mocked us.  You got oddly aggressive with us.  You called us Matt Ryan "nuthuggers" I believe was the term...

I just gotta say it...

Jokes on you.

Told ya.

You feel better bro?? I feel like you walking into work like mac Jones today swaggering lol and FYI I was pro pitts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

And it will.  The teams grade players, scheme fits and situations far differently than the fans.  Had our ship been more secure,  we may have taken a QB.  Missing a few too many pieces, and a QB didn't make logistical sense this draft.  

Developmental QBs are for backup duties.  Mond or someone like him may get a look from the Falcons.  

I say develop meaning they are not ready today, but hopefully tomorrow. I would gladly buy a great deal today vs tomorrow or the day after when I have to have it and it may not be a quality product. It being a QB. 

Its over and done with, but it will get revisited down the road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm sure many.  I was commenting on this draft, and Fields "falling" in this draft.  Nothing more.  He was not seen as someone needed by several QB needy teams.  Trey Lance, raw as cookie dough, was selected at three.

I feel sorry for the kid.  He has potential.  

 I'm actually very happy for him. He landed with a good team that's just been missing a good QB.  He's gonna rock in Chicago. Allen Robinson is probably the happiest dude in Chicago to finally have a real QB. 

I can understand the argument for us not taking a QB. 

I can also understand the argument for taking one and I think we loved Lance. With that said we chose to ride it with Ryan .. cool! I get it. Pitts is a full grown man.

But I think Carolina and Denver will regret passing on Fields. Hes legit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AxManBigFan said:

Ryan is bout to tear the league up this year. 2016 style folks. Our offense is gonna be insane atleast for the next 2-3 years. with Julio and Ridley on the outside hurst and Pitts in the formation. It’s pick your poison. Then we can hit them with Gage and Davis out of the backfield. If we can get a decent run game going, it’s gonna be an exiting season.

Get him a RB, and it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, isproab said:

I say develop meaning they are not ready today, but hopefully tomorrow. I would gladly buy a great deal today vs tomorrow or the day after when I have to have it and it may not be a quality product. It being a QB. 

Its over and done with, but it will get revisited down the road. 

I understand your reasoning.  Totally agree with it to a point.  The Falcons looked at this objectively, fiscally and logically.  They did a risk assessment, and saw that what was offered, given our situation, and made a choice based on that.  Cold, unfeeling and by the numbers.  Savage really, but business.  It will all work out brother!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

 I'm actually very happy for him. He landed with a good team that's just been missing a good QB.  He's gonna rock in Chicago. Allen Robinson is probably the happiest dude in Chicago to finally have a real QB. 

I can understand the argument for us not taking a QB. 

I can also understand the argument for taking one and I think we loved Lance. With that said we chose to ride it with Ryan .. cool! I get it. Pitts is a full grown man.

But I think Carolina and Denver will regret passing on Fields. Hes legit. 

He may be.  But, Denver and Carolina weighed him against other options.  The business is brutal, savage as **** really because of all the money involved.  Maybe Fields will work in Chicago.  I'd rather have seen him fall further and go to NE where I think his style, and having Cam there might have helped him more.  Chicago's issue is it's QB killing coach and GM.

I'm pulling for him.  If he bombs in Chicago in a few years, he may yet end up in Atlanta.  This is why TF said they scout everyone, whether we intend to take them or not.  Because you are planning for all contingencies into the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...