Jump to content

I can't let this go, I just can't


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Yup, you caught me mid edit...great minds think alike!

One thing about this year's crop. None were above and beyond better than the rest. All had their struggles, all had their Heisman moments. Problem is people like this 2005 dude ONLY look at stats. Don't care about actual eye test which is what coaches study when looking at film.

All this gassing for Fields has been so exaggerated. Overly exaggerated. Lucky for him he landed in a good scheme. Now he's gotta prove his doubters wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

They had a valid point... we'll see who the joke is on..... success will be judged by trophies and not "excitement" and useless numbers. You should pin this for later reference.

Edited by cblack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

If they wanted a QB at 4 so bad, they could have just not restructured his contract and drafted one.

Yeah, but that would require insight.. Just like saying if we knew we were picking at 4 we wouldn't have given Ryan a multi year contract.. So thats a wash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Slumerican said:

Yeah, but that would require insight.. Just like saying if we knew we were picking at 4 we wouldn't have given Ryan a multi year contract.. So thats a wash

Ahh, I thought you just meant due to the restructuring we could t take a QB at 4. Bottom line is if they really wanted to, nothing at all was stopping them from taking Fields if they felt he was BPA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, athell said:

All offseason we have had to deal with the QB@4 crowd being belligerent, antagonistic, patronizing and aggressive to anyone who dared suggest we weren't taking a QB at 4 no matter any of the real world reasoning and logistics behind it.  Some of you were downright brutal this offseason making it one of the worst offseasons I can remember.  TATF was a joke, full of trolls bashing on Matt at every chance they got and pushing their conspiracy theories as to why person x said thing y which SURELY means QB at 4.

A lot of us told you the entire time you were wrong, and it wasn't a QB at 4.  You laughed at us.  You mocked us.  You got oddly aggressive with us.  You called us Matt Ryan "nuthuggers" I believe was the term...

I just gotta say it...

Jokes on you.

Told ya.

Hey I said it also QB made no sense at 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, athell said:

Missed The Point GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The point of wanting a young QB who would be the standard bearer of the team for the future. And wanting him now when he wouldn't be asked to be super man with the weapons he would have...let's start with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cblack said:

The point of wanting a young QB who would be the standard bearer of the team for the future. And wanting him now when he wouldn't be asked to be super man with the weapons he would have...let's start with that.

I'd refer you to my previous reply, friend.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

Missed The Point GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And Alabama

Just the fact that he played was a miracle. He was probably at 50% health. You are nitpicking other games he didn’t play well, which you can do for any player, even your beloved Matt Ryan. Fields has more tools in the box than Ryan and played at a higher level in college.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, birds_2005 said:

Just the fact that he played was a miracle. He was probably at 50% health. You are nitpicking other games he didn’t play well, which you can do for any player, even your beloved Matt Ryan. Fields has more tools in the box than Ryan and played at a higher level in college.

If you're on the field, are you or are you not expected to perform? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Also, please show me where I have ever said I love Matt. If you can provide that proof I'll start taking you serious

You're bad at this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I feel like you are kinda grouping everyone into 2 groups and that simply is not true. Myself, Gdawg and many others liked Fields but I don't think we were ever rude to anyone in our opinions. Yes AFMB had the under-500 post trolls that would spout nonsense but in general most were civil. It did get annoying seeing the constant QB threads, I will give you that. 

Either way, We all want to see the same thing, We just had different opinions on how we could get there. I was fine with the Pitts choice and am happy to have him on the team.

It got so bad I started ignoring posters with wild abandon.   Obviously, you were not one of them.  So, I agree.  I don't think you were rude or irrational. 

I think it was the irrational rants that got me.  You know, "This is our only chance to get a QB.  If we do not draft one at 4, we will never have this chance again.  If you do not agree, you hate the Falcons."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Why do I feel like if this team won the Super Bowl, you’d be like, “I mean I’m glad...but **** Matt Ryan...”

Nah man, I'd prolly cry like a baby from joy. I don't HATE or DISLIKE Matt. I feel like he just doesn't have the aggression he displayed in 2016 and prior. Like he's just a little too safe in my opinion. He's missing that dog mentality so to speak. JUST MY OPINION. I want the guy to make me a believer again honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jetpac said:

Nah man, I'd prolly cry like a baby from joy. I don't HATE or DISLIKE Matt. I feel like he just doesn't have the aggression he displayed in 2016 and prior. Like he's just a little too safe in my opinion. He's missing that dog mentality so to speak. JUST MY OPINION. I want the guy to make me a believer again honestly.

Finally someone with some sense on this thread. How many more post game press conferences are we going to have to hear Matt say “we have got to be better” or “I need to be better in those situations”. I don’t think his teammates believe in him anymore, which is a problem. We needed a new leader and had the perfect chance to draft a hometown hero to lead us for the next 15 years. Guys will ball out for Fields way more than they will for Noodle Arm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Considering there's only one person, complaining that Fields didn't get picked at 4, I'd say drafting Pitts was pretty much the best move to make all along. Well done Falcons. Well done. Seeing positive vibes all over social media

According to  Peter King who actually talked to AB,TF,and AS post first round, drafting a 1st round QB was never seriously considered unless Trevor Lawrence fell to 4. It also sounded like they were focused in on Pitts or getting a windfall on a trade up at 4 the whole time. So Fields was never in the picture.  Another tidbit was that AS/TF both believed Ryan was more than capable of playing through and if remember correctly past his present contract.  So glad Pitts was our pick, just hope the JJ trade talk is the same media over hype.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, athell said:

All offseason we have had to deal with the QB@4 crowd being belligerent, antagonistic, patronizing and aggressive to anyone who dared suggest we weren't taking a QB at 4 no matter any of the real world reasoning and logistics behind it.  Some of you were downright brutal this offseason making it one of the worst offseasons I can remember.  TATF was a joke, full of trolls bashing on Matt at every chance they got and pushing their conspiracy theories as to why person x said thing y which SURELY means QB at 4.

A lot of us told you the entire time you were wrong, and it wasn't a QB at 4.  You laughed at us.  You mocked us.  You got oddly aggressive with us.  You called us Matt Ryan "nuthuggers" I believe was the term...

I just gotta say it...

Jokes on you.

Told ya.

Yes!!!! If they don't like it they can find a new team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...