I can't let this go, I just can't

The day we extended Matt Ryan, we made our choice. If Lance had slid to #4, I'm pretty confident we would have traded down instead of drafting him. I think that was the piece other teams coveted.

Fields and Jones got overhyped due to position, just like happens every year. In the end, they got drafted in the teens where they should have gone.

Ryan is bout to tear the league up this year. 2016 style folks. Our offense is gonna be insane atleast for the next 2-3 years. with Julio and Ridley on the outside hurst and Pitts in the formation. It’s pick your poison. Then we can hit them with Gage and Davis out of the backfield. If we can get a decent run game going, it’s gonna be an exiting season.

QB was never on the table.  They will look arguably next year.  There is a reason we scout EVERYONE.  The kid might not be drafted by us, but could very well play for us one day.  The NFL is fickle.  Fields may be in Chicago now, but with their gawd awful ability to make a QB stick up there, Fields may very well be on the market in two, three years.  

TF said himself, you are not just scouting for this draft, but for the future.  

7 minutes ago, athell said:

All offseason we have had to deal with the QB@4 crowd being belligerent, antagonistic, patronizing and aggressive to anyone who dared suggest we weren't taking a QB at 4 no matter any of the real world reasoning and logistics behind it.  Some of you were downright brutal this offseason making it one of the worst offseasons I can remember.  TATF was a joke, full of trolls bashing on Matt at every chance they got and pushing their conspiracy theories as to why person x said thing y which SURELY means QB at 4.

A lot of us told you the entire time you were wrong, and it wasn't a QB at 4.  You laughed at us.  You mocked us.  You got oddly aggressive with us.  You called us Matt Ryan "nuthuggers" I believe was the term...

I just gotta say it...

Jokes on you.

Told ya.

is that you gazoo?

1 minute ago, athell said:

All offseason we have had to deal with the QB@4 crowd being belligerent, antagonistic, patronizing and aggressive to anyone who dared suggest we weren't taking a QB at 4 no matter any of the real world reasoning and logistics behind it.  Some of you were downright brutal this offseason making it one of the worst offseasons I can remember.  TATF was a joke, full of trolls bashing on Matt at every chance they got and pushing their conspiracy theories as to why person x said thing y which SURELY means QB at 4.

A lot of us told you the entire time you were wrong, and it wasn't a QB at 4.  You laughed at us.  You mocked us.  You got oddly aggressive with us.  You called us Matt Ryan "nuthuggers" I believe was the term...

I just gotta say it...

Jokes on you.

Told ya.

I feel like you are kinda grouping everyone into 2 groups and that simply is not true. Myself, Gdawg and many others liked Fields but I don't think we were ever rude to anyone in our opinions. Yes AFMB had the under-500 post trolls that would spout nonsense but in general most were civil. It did get annoying seeing the constant QB threads, I will give you that. 

Either way, We all want to see the same thing, We just had different opinions on how we could get there. I was fine with the Pitts choice and am happy to have him on the team.

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

I feel like you are kinda grouping everyone into 2 groups and that simply is not true. Myself, Gdawg and many others liked Fields but I don't think we were ever rude to anyone in our opinions. Yes AFMB had the under-500 post trolls that would spout nonsense but in general most were civil. It did get annoying seeing the constant QB threads, I will give you that. 

Either way, We all want to see the same thing, We just had different opinions on how we could get there. I was fine with the Pitts choice and am happy to have him on the team.

I don’t think he’s referring to you or G-dawg. 

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I'm specifically speaking to those...folks...who were so angry about anything other than QB at 4 that they went scorched earth on everyone and every thread.  If that is not you, and I don't feel it is, this thread is not for you.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I remember being called delusional and in denial...I remember being called a Ryanite. I remember being accused of running an echo chamber here that only allowed Matt Ryan fans. 

I am just glad some of the posters here now weren't here in 2007 with the whole Vick drama. I can't remember the board being more toxic than that...

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I remember being called delusional and in denial...I remember being called a Ryanite. I remember being accused of running an echo chamber here that only allowed Matt Ryan fans. 

I was called a Ryan fanboy and I've never even pretended to be a fan boy. I just give credit when due. I'm sure over cracked him over the head 5,000 times throughout his career. 

12 minutes ago, athell said:

I just gotta say it...

Jokes on you.

Told ya.

I do not mind hugging those nuts.

12 minutes ago, athell said:

I just gotta say it...

Jokes on you.

Told ya.

And to all the clown show trolls... You're saying this...

mr bean GIF

5 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm specifically speaking to those...folks...who were so angry about anything other than QB at 4 that they went scorched earth on everyone and every thread.  If that is not you, and I don't feel it is, this thread is not for you.

It was one thing to be Pro-Fields or Pro-Lance and make a case for the long term benefit.  It was another thing to make it into yet another Ryan-bashing exercise and act like anyone who didn’t agree had brain damage.  

It was easy to see through it when they started the whole “Ryan has never been anything” line.  55,000 yards and a MVP say otherwise.  Get out of here with that

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville