Day#2 - did you catch what Fontenot said in Pitts press conference last night? (2nd round trade-down?)

Did you guys catch the casual line Fontenot threw out last night about getting ready for Day#2 and the two OR THREE picks tomorrow.    Did you guys do your eyebrow raise when he said OR THREE?

With the Falcons having the #3 pick tonight, the Falcons are gonna get a ton of call on that pick.  My guess is they would be willing to move down 5-10 spots if the offer has attached to it a 3rd round pick.

This Falcons team has so many holes - glad we took Pitts but we need to create even more opportunity and it's probably worth forgoing a Moehrig or Javonte Williams to get that extra pick at this point.

• g-dawg changed the title to Day#2 - did you catch what Fontenot said in Pitts press conference last night? (2nd round trade-down?)
7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Did you guys catch the casual line Fontenot threw out last night about getting ready for Day#2 and the two OR THREE picks tomorrow.    Did you guys do your eyebrow raise when he said OR THREE?

With the Falcons having the #3 pick tonight, the Falcons are gonna get a ton of call on that pick.  My guess is they would be willing to move down 5-10 spots if the offer has attached to it a 3rd round pick.

This Falcons team has so many holes - glad we took Pitts but we need to create even more opportunity and it's probably worth forgoing a Moehrig or Javonte Williams to get that extra pick at this point.

He's just messing with D-Led whose counting skills leave a lot to be desired.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If they can do this knowing that they can still get "their guy" and gain a 3rd this year then by all means. 

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I would love a trade down at this point.  We got our difference maker, there is still many talented players on the board, it would be tempting to take one at 35 but if we can get another 3rd and trade down 10 like you said.  I would jump at that chance.

15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

How do we feel on Dickerson?  I think it would be rather tempting to take him at 35 if still available.  Questionable injury history, but I feel like he's got to be a top guy on the board right now.

What's the consensus opinion on him?

A good idea if he can almost ensure that extra third round pick would be special, but I would MUCH prefer simply going for more certain talent with our current picks.  we've had so much mediocrity with our mid round picks through the years, but maybe i've become cynical and our new coach can train our players up

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yes that caught my attention. I'd love to trade down, but if JOK, Ojulari, Moehrig, and that DT from Washington are still there. Awww man. What to do.

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We are in an ideal position to trade down.  I can't say that I know these prospects very well, but my belief is that we would be better served adding another day two pick.  

Who knows?  Maybe our QB of the future is among the next prospects we draft.  

2 minutes ago, TTU Falcon said:

I would love a trade down at this point.  We got our difference maker, there is still many talented players on the board, it would be tempting to take one at 35 but if we can get another 3rd and trade down 10 like you said.  I would jump at that chance.

yeah the talent starts even-ing out at this point in draft - but someone will have a hard-on for some player at #35 and may be willing to cough up their 3rd rounder to get him.   The team trading w/ Falcons will say at their press conference "We had a 1st round grade on him and he was #20 on our board"..........good, let'em say it - Falcons need another impact pick today - would love to have 3 picks today.

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Im all about a trade down but more picks means more money we have to spend and we are short on that right now but they will create funds no doubt..im happy af we got Pitts..but I hope he wears 4 fr im putting that into the universe lol

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I did catch that and I think you’re right. It’ll be interesting to see what we do. We also have 3 picks in the 5th round so we could always package our early 4th round pick and a 5th to potentially move into the late 3rd round if theres someone we really like. I agree trading down and gaining more draft capital makes the most sense but we do have 5 total picks within rounds 5-6. 

4 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Im all about a trade down but more picks means more money we have to spend and we are short on that right now but they will create funds no doubt..im happy af we got Pitts..but I hope he wears 4 fr im putting that into the universe lol

TF said it yesterday, the cap has no baring on the draft.

The best value in this draft class is in rounds 2-3 (especially on defense) so if we can do something to get an extra pick, I'm all for it.    Trade back 5-10 picks and demand a 3rd in return (my preference) or trade late or future picks to move up and grab an extra pick.