Big Board - Day #2

Great opportunity to get a stud defender in either of these two guys with the 35th pick...

Daviyon Nixon, DL, Iowa (8.51) (DL1)

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame (8.5) (LB1)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2940799-nfl-draft-2021-big-board-best-remaining-players-after-day-1.amp.html

1 minute ago, runshoot said:

Im stunned to not see the TAFT page blown up with Tre'von Moehrig posts. Some felt he was 1st round quality and honestly he fits BPA and need all at the same time.

yeah Moehrig is gonna go quickly.   Will be interesting to see if he gets to #35 - and if he does, will Falcons take him, take someone else - or move out of the pick.

my prediction is they move out to acquire a 3rd day#2  pick.

9 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Im stunned to not see the TAFT page blown up with Tre'von Moehrig posts. Some felt he was 1st round quality and honestly he fits BPA and need all at the same time.

And the Jags need a safety. 😭😭

They also need a #1 TE. Their TE coach was Friermuth 's TE coach in college last year.  Please pick Friermuth. 🙏

He'll be as good as Pitts. I promise. 👿👿

12 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Yup, we definitely need a safety but in my opinion I believe another LB who can also rush the passer is the better move (Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah). Pees is going to run a lot of 3-4 sets and outside of Deion Jones & Foye we don’t have a stud LB to fill out those sets. Sure, Mykal Walker will get some playing time but that still leaves an additional hole at LB when playing the 3-4. Safety is a priority, but I don’t believe this early, plus a safety won’t help us get to the QB. If we can put pressure on QBs consistently the safety position becomes less important.  

34 minutes ago, runshoot said:

I am probably in the minority here, but I actually like Holland better and think he could be available in round 3.    

13 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think you are right.  I would like to see JOK at this spot (35)

JOK is by far BPA right now.  I'm really surprised he is still on the board.   If he doesn't get snagged before our pick (or we don't trade down), I don't see how he ISN'T the pick.  

10 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

JOK is by far BPA right now.  I'm really surprised he is still on the board.   If he doesn't get snagged before our pick (or we don't trade down), I don't see how he ISN'T the pick.  

I know literally 0.0000001% of what I should about college ball, and I know that kid is a no brainer.

I don't know which hole to fill first. The good news is, it'll be hard to go wrong with the quality players still on the board. I imagine it'll be whoever they see as the best player regardless of position. It'll be a great addition at any level of the defense or OL if there's a player there they like.

How is Jacksonville's OLine? There are some stud olinemen left. Teven Jenkins is also up there with BPA however with them using two first rounders on offense you have to think they may go defence.

Moehrig and JOK should be the first two off the board tonight

1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

Yup, we definitely need a safety but in my opinion I believe another LB who can also rush the passer is the better move (Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah). Pees is going to run a lot of 3-4 sets and outside of Deion Jones & Foye we don’t have a stud LB to fill out those sets. Sure, Mykal Walker will get some playing time but that still leaves an additional hole at LB when playing the 3-4. Safety is a priority, but I don’t believe this early, plus a safety won’t help us get to the QB. If we can put pressure on QBs consistently the safety position becomes less important.  

A safety that causes a QB hold onto the ball for another half second does help you get to the QB.

47 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Forgive my ignorance who is jok??