Braves @ Jays

Unknøwn

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Team used to play for Snit and it showed late in games. Now they don’t even appear to care late in games. That was the only real positive of Brain Stinker. 

Crazy Coach Ron is ready to be our Nate!!! 

They played for Markakis and Snit took all the credit.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Team used to play for Snit and it showed late in games. Now they don’t even appear to care late in games. That was the only real positive of Brain Stinker. 

Get rid of the lame statue and bring in Ron. He’s Fredi Gonzalez on Geritol. 

Edited by Friendly Folk

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

They played for Markakis and Snit took all the credit.

They need to prune the last branch of the Bobby Cox tree and move on. This team will always have the aura of loser chokers until Stinker is gone. 

5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I like how you call him Brain Stinker. That’s funny stuff!

Brain Stinker may be great to have as a grandfather to go fishing with but he’s a sad sack of a manager. This team needs someone with a youthful spirit. He just doesn’t match up with the team chemistry. 

18 minutes ago, Friendly Folk said:

I like how you call him Brain Stinker. That’s funny stuff!

Brain Stinker may be great to have as a grandfather to go fishing with but he’s a sad sack of a manager. This team needs someone with a youthful spirit. He just doesn’t match up with the team chemistry. 

I laughed at this so much harder than I should have  

Didn't get a chance to watch much last night but Chip and Glavine are taking some heat on social media. Apparently they went into a discussion about the "unwritten rules" after Acuna celebrated his HR. I have noticed what some said, Joe has been much more tolerable on radio. He also was more tolerable before Chip. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Chip seems to be the issue with the Braves broadcast. He seems to bring out the worst in people.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

When Martin comes back its got to be Jones that gets DFA'd. AA is going to have go out and get a couple of RPs and probably a SP. He'll have a busy June/July. 

Sad that he could have handled the BP situation in the off-season. 

54 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Didn't get a chance to watch much last night but Chip and Glavine are taking some heat on social media. Apparently they went into a discussion about the "unwritten rules" after Acuna celebrated his HR. I have noticed what some said, Joe has been much more tolerable on radio. He also was more tolerable before Chip. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Chip seems to be the issue with the Braves broadcast. He seems to bring out the worst in people.

I can’t stand Chip. He’s always asking dumb questions and making mistakes.   Also he’s Mr. Obvious most of the time and doesn’t bring anything interesting to the broadcast. If it weren’t for the legend status of his dad and grandfather, he would’ve been gone years ago I believe.

last night he said, “it’s hard to believe the Braves are winless in extra innings.  They have a batting average of... wait, never mind.  That is the opponent’s batting average...”.  A few moments later, “actually the Braves have no hits and no walks.  Opponents are hitting 0.318.”   You cover the Braves every day and the .318 average looked right to you to start that sentence?

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

When Martin comes back its got to be Jones that gets DFA'd. AA is going to have go out and get a couple of RPs and probably a SP. He'll have a busy June/July. 

Exactly! It's a simple fact...this team's going absolutely nowhere, especially with this bp. Sure, Martin should help matters,  if he ever returns, but it's going to take more than one reliever added to this mess to be a top contender. SPs, well... hopefully Fried will get back and get back into form soon, same with Soroka.  Unfortunately it's looking like a long ugly season at this point, if matters don't change relatively soon.

JMO..

26 minutes ago, gp_74 said:

Exactly! It's a simple fact...this team's going absolutely nowhere, especially with this bp. Sure, Martin should help matters,  if he ever returns, but it's going to take more than one reliever added to this mess to be a top contender. SPs, well... hopefully Fried will get back and get back into form soon, same with Soroka.  Unfortunately it's looking like a long ugly season at this point, if matters don't change relatively soon.

JMO..

Snitker indicated Martin could return this week. Fried may make a start in DC as well.

1 hour ago, Friendly Folk said:

Sad that he could have handled the BP situation in the off-season. 

That Smyly money could have easily helped shore up a better pen.  The pen was our strength last season.  ****, it’s not like the starters are going any deeper this season. 

d'Arnaud placed on the 60 day IL and Contreras was called up. Alex Jackson placed on 10 day IL with a strained hamstring and Jeff Mathis called up. Mathis takes the roster spot opened up by d'Arnaud's 60 day stint.