On to Day 2, who do you all want?

I've watched Mike Davis run.  I don't think we need to use a 2 on a RB...

JOK is a first round defensive talent... we might need to offer Jax a 6th to swap spots with them to take him though...

S is a priority defensive need; if we stay put, it will likely be Moehrig...

Then use our 3rd on Trey Sermon

4 hours ago, Rings said:

I’ll repeat this incase we missed it live...

Let’s address LG/C before RB.

This would be the sensible move.  I mean there are plenty of good options for RB in the 3rd. I'd like Williams but, solidify the OL, then go for (no particular order) Carter, Gainwell, Hubbard, Williams if he is still there. 

2 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I've watched Mike Davis run.  I don't think we need to use a 2 on a RB...

JOK is a first round defensive talent... we might need to offer Jax a 6th to swap spots with them to take him though...

S is a priority defensive need; if we stay put, it will likely be Moehrig...

Then use our 3rd on Trey Sermon

26 years old, 678 yards, 9 TDs, 3.5 YPC

28 years old, 642 yards, 6 TDs, 3.9 YPC

Current age with last year's results. The first is Gurley, the second is Mike Davis. Javonte Williams is absolutely #1 on my board right now. 

2 hours ago, k-train said:

During the presser following the first round, Fontenot made a point to mention that they would be getting "two or maybe three" more players on Friday... so trading down to grab an extra 3rd really does seem like something we might see.

I agree here. Either trading back in the 2nd, and getting an extra 3rd, or packaging some later picks, to get an extra 3rd.

If we come out of tomorrow with potential starters at LG and CB or S, then I'll be happy with Day 2. 

The one position that may have a significant drop off, though, is RB. If it's seen as a big need, then we may have to grab one tomorrow.

Edited by GhostOfBukowski

I prefer Moehrig, Humphries or Onwuzurike. 

just feel we need to go defense or OL. We don’t need to use more prime capital on weapons. Better scheme, line play and spreading out the defense with all those receivers should open the box and make a RB look good.

2 minutes ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

Who would suit a Dean Pees defence better Ossai or Ojulari or are they just so similar it doesn't matter

They have similar games.  I like Ossai because I'm a Texas homer.  I read somewhere that Ojulari has a degenerative lower leg issue.  How true that is, I don't know.

5 minutes ago, GhostOfBukowski said:

I agree here. Either trading back in the 2nd, and getting an extra 3rd, or packaging some later picks, to get an extra 3rd.

If we come out of tomorrow with potential starters at LG and CB or S, then I'll be happy with Day 2. 

The one position that may have a significant drop off, though, is RB. If it's seen as a big need, then we may have to grab one tomorrow.

I think that may be the Falcons fascination with Hawkins playing out.  He will be there day three, so will Gainwell maybe.  

Just now, 1989Fan said:

This is true as well. Mills, Trask, Mond all there. Not my preference, but I get it. 

Same here. The names aren't sexy but if AS thinks he can make it work, I won't second guess him. Any QB outside of the first round shouldn't have anyone upset but I know there are those who only want defense or RB