On to Day 2, who do you all want?

My fave is

1) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame

And the crown for top linebacker of the 2021 NFL Draft class goes to Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. It was close between him and Parsons on PFN’s Top 300 Consensus Board. JOK had an average ranking of 11.4, while Parsons had an average ranking of 13.0.

The difference ended up being each prospect’s floor. Parsons’ lowest ranking was 21, while JOK’s lowest ranking was 17. JOK also received the highest overall ranking for any linebacker — from Dalton Miller, who ranked him seventh overall.

On tape, it’s easy to see why Owusu-Koramoah was so universally respected on the PFN Top 300 Consensus Board. The Notre Dame linebacker has a fiery attitude on the field, and he might have the fastest play pace of all the linebackers in this draft class. He can blanket tight ends in man coverage, and he has the explosiveness, fluidity, and instincts to man the slot or even rotate back to safety.

In run defense, JOK isn’t quite as dominant, but he still displays a hard-hitting mentality and reliable tackling ability. His three-down potential might be a bit of a question among NFL teams picking in Round 1, but Owusu-Koramoah weighed in at 221 pounds at his pro day. If he can stay over 220, his size will match up better against NFL-caliber playmakers. Additionally, JOK’s pure aggression, lightning-quick processing skills, and desire to disrupt will translate even better to the next level.

I like we should roll the dice on the upside of Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah if he's still there at #35.

If he's gone, I'd want Trevon Moehrig, who I really didn't think would fall out of the first round.

Third choice is Asante Samuel Jr.

The history of Alabama DTs scares me off Barmore, and Ojulari sounds like he may have perennial health issues.

1 hour ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Tevin Jenkins and move him to left guard

LT Radunz is better than RT Jenkins,

plus  our Gm watched all the Trey Lance tape,

so he knows this too!

Senior Bowl executive director, Nagy.

Comment-"Radunz over Sewell is quite the take" Collin

During the week, he dominated the competition in front of him. He was very technical in pass-protection as I thought he would be, since he has been working with 49ers legend Joe Staley. Radunz showed versatility moving inside and taking reps at guard. Radunz was awarded the Overall Practice Player-of-the-Week.

Radunz has incredible explosion and flexibility. His three-cone time is basically one of the best we’ve ever seen from an offensive lineman, and his broad jump is also above the 90th percentile for all three main o-line positions. Getting out of his stance and is so easy for Radunz, and he covers a lot of ground without much effort just two quarterback hits in over 200 true pass sets from 2018-2019.

He does a good job of staying in front of his assignments in pass protection. ESPN

Ps-

33. Jax- Moehrig

34. Jets- Williams

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

I like we should roll the dice on the upside of Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah if he's still there at #35.

If he's gone, I'd want Trevon Moehrig, who I really didn't think would fall out of the first round.

Third choice is Asante Samuel Jr.

The history of Alabama DTs scares me off Barmore, and Ojulari sounds like he may have perennial health issues.

100% agree on JOK. i'd go samuel before moehrig simply because there are far better quality safeties than corners later in the draft. wouldn't be upset with moehrig one bit tho.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Notre Dame · LB · Junior (RS)

Owusu-Koramoah starred as an athletic hybrid defender for the Fighting Irish. He can play Will linebacker, safety or even cover in the slot. He's very fluid and twitchy to mirror tight ends, backs or slot receivers. He's very aware as a zone dropper and he's an explosive blitzer off the edge. He is quick to key/read before dipping under blocks on the front side against the run. He flashes the ability to use his length to punch off blockers, but he is much more effective beating them to spots. He has big-time speed to chase from the back side. He needs to improve his consistency as a tackler in space, though, as he has too many fly-by misses. He brings outstanding leadership to the defense. Overall, Owusu-Koramoah might lack ideal size/bulk, but he's built for a pass-happy NFL.

Rank

Trevon Moehrig
TCU · S · Junior

Moehrig has adequate size, but excellent versatility and instincts. He can play in the deep post or cover in the slot. He is a smooth, fluid mover in man coverage underneath. He also possesses ideal anticipation and range from the back end. He has the ability to consistently match patterns and position himself for plays on the ball. The former TCU star does need to improve his finishing ability, having dropped a couple interceptions in the games I studied. He takes quality angles in run support and is a reliable, low tackler. Overall, Moehrig offers a complete skill set at the position. He will provide his defensive coordinator with options, which is exactly what's desired in 2021.

Rank

Javonte Williams
North Carolina · RB · Junior

Williams is a thick, compact running back with outstanding vision, power and quickness. He is quick to find/attack the hole with a bounce in his step on inside runs. He has tremendous lateral quickness to make defenders miss in tight quarters. He runs with a low pad level and accelerates through contact. Williams has the burst to get the edge on outside runs and he's elusive once he gets into the open field. He is effective as a checkdown option in the passing game and flashes some route polish on angle routes in the middle of the field. He has reliable hands, although you will see some double catches. He is aware in pass protection and can squat and absorb blitzers. Overall, Williams is a complete player and could emerge as the best running back in the 2021 class.

Rank

Elijah Moore
Mississippi · WR · Junior

Moore is an undersized wideout with outstanding versatility, quickness and toughness. He has experience lining up outside, in the slot and in the backfield. He has excellent quickness in his release and is clean/crisp at the top of routes. He gets a lot of quick hitters, and he's very elusive after the catch. He also makes some huge plays over the top, tracking the ball naturally and showing reliable hands. He is effective when used as a runner out of the backfield, too. He hits the hole full-go and can make defenders miss. Overall, Moore lacks size, but he'll be a stud in the slot and can also help in the return game.

Rank

Levi Onwuzurike
Washington · DT · Senior (RS)

Onwuzurike is a slightly undersized defensive tackle who was highly destructive in every Washington game I studied. The Huskies moved him around in their scheme, but I believe he's best suited as a 3-technique, on the edge of the guard. He has an explosive first step and very quick hands against the pass. He flashes a twitchy slap/swim move, but there are times when he doesn't have a plan and gets stuck. He can drive interior blockers right back to the quarterback when he comes off the ball with his pads low to the ground. Against the run, he plays much bigger than his size. He can stack single opponents with one arm and refuses to stay blocked. He has lateral range and his effort is phenomenal. Overall, Onwuzurike's pass rush production isn't special, but all of the tools are there to improve the results at the next level.