After drafting Pitts..my prediction

11 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

we will try to trade Hurst for a 2nd rounder..though i would love to keep Pitts and Hurst

I think you hold on to Hurst for this year yet.  You put Ridley, Jones, Pitts, and Hurst on the field at the same time with let's say Cordarrelle Patterson in the backfield..   How the **** do you defend that??

Just now, pa_falcon_fan said:

I think you hold on to Hurst for this year yet.  You put Ridley, Jones, pits, and Hurst on the field at the same time with let's say Cordarrelle Patterson in the backfield..   How the **** do you defend that??

would love to, but i still see them trying to unload for another low pic

2 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

I think you hold on to Hurst for this year yet.  You put Ridley, Jones, pits, and Hurst on the field at the same time with let's say Cordarrelle Patterson in the backfield..   How the **** do you defend that??

What's sad is if koetter was still here, he would find a way to make sure the offense fails with that

34 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

I had this conversation with a friend the other day. Literally you have a base package that you can run from the I, to empty. What package are you running out as a DC if we go no huddle with this lineup?

2 hours ago, ryanvalz said:

What's sad is if koetter was still here, he would find a way to make sure the offense fails with that

I agree, I love the Pitts pick today, I would have hated that pick last year knowing Dirk would have been calling plays and wasted him saying “go find this soft zone for 5 yards and no YAC”

2 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

we will try to trade Hurst for a 2nd rounder..though i would love to keep Pitts and Hurst

Smith was either first or second in the league in calling the most multiple tight end sets last year, I think he can find a role for Hurst as well.  Think he had the most multiple tight end sets and the second least 3+ WR sets, it’s late, numbers are blurry...

The personnel grouping where Pitts could be most dangerous for Atlanta would be 12 personnel, which consists of one running back and two tight ends.

Tennessee ran 1,028 offensive snaps last season. Over one-third of the time (350 snaps), the Titans lined up in 12 personnel. Tennessee threw 149 times out of that formation, leading to 14 touchdowns. Of those 149 attempts, 128 of them were to tight ends, according to ESPN Stats and Information – leading to 83 catches and six touchdowns.

The Titans had a good tight end room, led by Jonnu Smith, and Arthur Smith is a former tight ends coach. But having a pairing of Hurst and Pitts could be a boon for Smith as he starts to build his plan for the Falcons. It will force opponents to make choices – risk a nickel corner against a potential run play or a bigger-bodied tight end or run base defense and have the Falcons split Hurst or Pitts out in pre-snap and then a linebacker or safety is in a tough position.

"You tell us, you show us with your counter. We’re going to keep countering off you,” Bowen said. “I think he gives you schematical advantages when you have 12 personnel with two tight ends who can impact the pass game and that’s what that would be in Atlanta.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/36099/how-kyle-pitts-could-fit-in-arthur-smiths-atlanta-falcons-offense

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

12 and 13 personnel. Might want to look into it. Hurst is not going anywhere.

...and that's without considering that we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him. I think him and Pitts on the field at the same time could create some fits for the opposing D, will be interesting to see it play out.

18 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If the pass protection doesn’t hold up then the back has to block and TEs have to chip which delays them from getting into their pass routes. 

You can hide weakness in the center of the oline for so long before defenses figure it out.

Facts. I like the pick but O-Line must be addressed! 

7 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

A more likely scenario to me is trading down several spots in the second to get extra picks.  Or, we trade out of the third and back into the second.

49 minutes ago, tbhawksfan said:

Yeah, all those receivers looks real scary. Second year, totally unproven guy at C and no one at LG looks scary too

Take a look at the guys the Titans used on their O-Line last year, It was far worse than our current unit. 

A good playcaller and scheme can mask and help cover certain weaknesses.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

13 minutes ago, tbhawksfan said:

Maybe... or maybe just tired of seeing the Falcons lose the line of scrimmage battle on both sides year after year after year.... and MR laying on his butt after yet another sack

We do have some more picks outside of 1sr round, so let the draft play out before you throw in your towel...and we also have a decent chance of better coaching for our trenches coming our way...keep the faith and give the new regime a chance