Could Aaron Rodgers end up in New Orleans?

MR has done very well against Aaron in the past.  So who cares about the NOLA gutter rats.

Aaron thinks he has problems, what a joke, because here I am smoking a pork butt I put in at 6:30 am for a low & slow & I am worried about it reaching internal temp of 195-200 degrees before 8 EST!!!  It's in that stall right now where the temp hasn't changed.  I cranked it to 300 & wrapped it in foil to hasten the process.

So go screw yourself Aaron :lol:

9 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

MR has done very well against Aaron in the past.  So who cares about the NOLA gutter rats.

Aaron thinks he has problems, what a joke, because here I am smoking a pork butt I put in at 6:30 am for a low & slow & I am worried about it reaching internal temp of 195-200 degrees before 8 EST!!!  It's in that stall right now where the temp hasn't changed.  I cranked it to 300 & wrapped it in foil to hasten the process.

You had me at NOLA gutter rats

F*** the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

24 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

No Nope GIF - No Nope NoWay GIFs

For all the overhype and media love, Rogers has only been to one SB, and it was 11 years ago. He has enjoyed great personal success, but let’s face it. He has never been able to duplicate that one playoff run. 

Same with Brees, another guy who rode the out of control hype train the last decade plus, while not being able to elevate a team to the SB again. 

Meanwhile, Matt has had the same personal success, the same 1 Sb appearance, and has spent that same time being called a bum by most of the media, and half this fan base.

I’d not sell my team’s future to get him at his age, but more power to anyone who throws away theirs on him. 

57 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I can never get the timing right and always end up having to wrap...it is tough times indeed.

1 minute ago, TTU Falcon said:

I can never get the timing right and always end up having to wrap...it is tough times indeed.

The good thing is you can’t screw up a pork butt much.  The only disaster is that you don’t have the time for the entire process so it breaks down & emulsifies all the collagen & fat & connective tissue where is begins to fall apart. That is my only worry!

I’ll get an internal temp around 5:30pm then crank it up if I have to.  

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

The good thing is you can’t screw up a pork butt much.  The only disaster is that you don’t have the time for the entire process so it breaks down & emulsifies all the collagen & fat & connective tissue where is begins to fall apart. That is my only worry!

I’ll get an internal temp around 5:30pm then crank it up if I have to.  

I know it, I've just yet to get the experience of a full non-wrapped cook to see if the exterior bark is much different.  I've had recent success with some plate beef shortribs though. Give it a shot next time you get a chance.

Hoping your's turns out just right.

4 minutes ago, TTU Falcon said:

I know it, I've just yet to get the experience of a full non-wrapped cook to see if the exterior bark is much different.  I've had recent success with some plate beef shortribs though. Give it a shot next time you get a chance.

Hoping your's turns out just right.

Wow that sound delish!!  Normally I would smoke overnight and not worry about time & go 15 or 16 hours.  But I’m hearing you can cut the time way down by going 300 or so degrees & for all intents & purposes a butt does just about as well.  Just don’t want to get it too tough on the outside bark so I’ve been basting & wrapping it because of that.  I have a Komodo Kamado ceramic smoker so it’s easy to regulate & I just enjoy the heck out of it.  

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Wow that sound delish!!  Normally I would smoke overnight and not worry about time & go 15 or 16 hours.  But I’m hearing you can cut the time way down by going 300 or so degrees & for all intents & purposes a butt does just about as well.  Just don’t want to get it too tough on the outside bark so I’ve been basting & wrapping it because of that.  I have a Komodo Kamado ceramic smoker so it’s easy to regulate & I just enjoy the heck out of it.  

Agreed. I tend to go around 275 to make it faster.  Sugar burns at 325 so I try not to get too close just in case temps are fluctuating in various parts of the cooking chamber.  I have a pellet pooper (gmg daniel boone). More like an oven than a smoker.

Gives me more time to get acquainted with my beer. 🤫

4 minutes ago, TTU Falcon said:

Agreed. I tend to go around 275 to make it faster.  Sugar burns at 325 so I try not to get too close just in case temps are fluctuating in various parts of the cooking chamber.  I have a pellet pooper (gmg daniel boone). More like an oven than a smoker.

Gives me more time to get acquainted with my beer. 🤫

Awesome!  I do love the idea of a pellet smoker because of its ease of use etc. But I’ve had this now for 10 good years & just love the process of everything .  It’s so relaxing & nothing is better than enjoying the cook while sipping a nice cold brew. Sometimes if it’s an overnight smoke, I’ll listen to some relaxing music sipping a nice cab & smelling that awesome aroma.  Like a pig in poop bro!