What each potential move tonight will signal

Think everyone should mentally prepare for all scenarios tonight, even if you don't like them.

If we draft Pitts - we took BPA, as simple as that

If we trade down - we want to focus on building the depth and the core of this team

If we draft a QB - change is coming we will try to win games but expectation for playoffs is 1-2 years away

If we draft Sewell - Arthur Smith wants a dominant run game and a clean pocket for Matt

If we draft Chase - Julio is gone first chance they get, regime values WR more than TE position.

If we draft anybody else - prepare to burn this place down 😄

5 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Think everyone should mentally prepare for all scenarios tonight, even if you don't like them.

If we trade down - we want to focus on building the depth and the core of this team

If we draft a QB - change is coming we will try to win games but expectation for playoffs is 1-2 years away

If we draft Sewell - Arthur Smith wants a dominant run game and a clean pocket for Matt

If we draft Chase - Julio is gone first chance they get, regime values WR more than TE position.

Don't let that voodoo she-it permeate this place tonight...:tiphat:

16 minutes ago, Romfal said:

If we draft Pitts - AFMB meltdown

If we trade down - AFMB meltdown

If we draft a QB - AFMB meltdown

If we draft Sewell - AFMB meltdown

If we draft Chase - AFMB meltdown

If we draft anybody else - AFMB meltdown

Fixed.

i'm gonna repeat myself again and paste this comment i made on another thread:

This is a comment I posted lastnight after all you Easterners were in bed:

"if that detroit rumour is true i'd be shocked if it's not pitts, sewell, or chase.

reason being that detroit was gonna move up for chase, cincy and miami will take pitts and sewell, and if we were gonna take anyone else he'd still be there at 7 and we'd have more draft capital to work with.

esentially, if we're picking anyone but those 3 we could have gained some more draft picks and still taken our guy at #7.

tbh, for that reason if we take anyone outside of those 3 at #4 after turning down detroit's trade i'm not gonna be feeling too good about things."

9 minutes ago, Simicager said:

The Chiefs drafted Mahomes to sit under Alex Smith and still won their division. If they draft QB it’s because he was too good to pass on.

not only that, they traded a future 1st to move up and draft Mahomes, to then sit him for a year.

47 minutes ago, Romfal said:

I disagree that Pitts is BPA but your analysis seems solid.  

13 minutes ago, Simicager said:

The Chiefs drafted Mahomes to sit under Alex Smith and still won their division. If they draft QB it’s because he was too good to pass on.

They'd been a winning team for 4 years in a row, with one of their weakest positions being QB.

Pretty large difference from us.

Bottom line:

Tonight's draft is about much more than normal. Drafting Pitts indicates Smitty believes he can win in 2021. Drafting a QB indicates we're laying foundations for the future.

If we go with Pitts, I'm excited for the upcoming season and if we draft Fields/Lance, I'm excited for next year's draft.

30 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i'm gonna repeat myself again and paste this comment i made on another thread:

This is a comment I posted lastnight after all you Easterners were in bed:

"if that detroit rumour is true i'd be shocked if it's not pitts, sewell, or chase.

reason being that detroit was gonna move up for chase, cincy and miami will take pitts and sewell, and if we were gonna take anyone else he'd still be there at 7 and we'd have more draft capital to work with.

esentially, if we're picking anyone but those 3 we could have gained some more draft picks and still taken our guy at #7.

tbh, for that reason if we take anyone outside of those 3 at #4 after turning down detroit's trade i'm not gonna be feeling too good about things."

Something about text in italics that makes me believe what you say!