Lions wants Jamarr Chase

Apparently they tried to trade for number 4 pick.

I really want to trade down and I hope we dont ask for too much. I would be happy going from 4 to 7 for a second and maybe a third rounder/fourth rounder.

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/15233/Report--Lions-tried-to-trade-up-for-LSU-WR-Ja-Marr-Chase-at-No--4

At 7 we would still be able to get a great player. I really want two picks in the second round.

5 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

I really want to trade down and I hope we dont ask for too much. I would be happy going from 4 to 7 for a second and maybe a third rounder/fourth rounder.

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/15233/Report--Lions-tried-to-trade-up-for-LSU-WR-Ja-Marr-Chase-at-No--4

At 7 we would still be able to get a great player. I really want two picks in the second round.

If we made that trade, Pitts, Chase, and Sewell probably off the board. Who do you take in the 1st round with that pick?

5 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

Two picks in the 2nd, especially Detroit's, would afford us a shot at a really good RB. 

2 minutes ago, Ryanless Falcons said:

SF priced the current market way too high.  TF and company will be crucified if they don't get remotely the same as Miami got for #3

Have you ever heard the term "sunk cost"?

Forget the Niners/Dolphins trade - like the Sopranos - it's over.

Any trade TF considers should be based on it's own merits.

2 minutes ago, Ryanless Falcons said:

SF priced the current market way too high.  TF and company will be crucified if they don't get remotely the same as Miami got for #3

This ^^^. SF massively overpayed and now everyone is expecting a similar haul. Dropping down 3 slots, picking up an additional 2nd, whilst still getting your target would most definitely be a win for this organisation. 

While getting a haul would be ideal... if we moved back a few spots even a smaller compensation could be enough to move back into the first and grab another stud. 

Two great players in the first tonight could be a great start as well. 

It's tough. If the Lions offered us 7, 2nd round and 3rd round that would be really hard to pass up. Pitts is such an amazing prospect though it makes it hard to swallow but for the long run would be better for us to get the extra comp.

Chase, Sewell and Pitts would be gone picks 4-6 so we would have to pivot to either A] QB B] Slater C] Surtain/Horn D] Trade Down again

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

It's tough. If the Lions offered us 7, 2nd round and 3rd round that would be really hard to pass up. Pitts is such an amazing prospect though it makes it hard to swallow but for the long run would be better for us to get the extra comp.

Chase, Sewell and Pitts would be gone picks 4-6 so we would have to pivot to either A] QB B] Slater C] Surtain/Horn D] Trade Down again

I’d still want a 2022 1st in any trade down made. 

17 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

This ^^^. SF massively overpayed and now everyone is expecting a similar haul. Dropping down 3 slots, picking up an additional 2nd, whilst still getting your target would most definitely be a win for this organisation. 

But you wouldn't get your target if you drop 3 slots. That's why it has to include a first from next year.

3 minutes ago, k-train said:

I'd probably do a deal if it was something like this

DET receives
R1 #4

ATL receives
R1 #7
R3 #72
C Frank Ragnow

If it is to get a player they covet, I need this years 2nd and 4th and next years 3rd.  I'd be okay with that.  You making that center a 2nd this year I'm assuming?  That is not bad. 

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I think AS can get the most out of Henny and Gono at C and LG. That would be a good deal though.

Yeah, let's hope so. Highly doubt Detroit would be willing to let go of Ragnow anyhow... but he's who I was banging the table for us to draft in 2018, so I'm still scheming ways to get him on this team. 😜

Detroit does have an extra 1st round pick in each of the next two drafts thanks to the Stafford trade, so if they are seriously interested in moving up, they've got the assets to send us an incredible offer.