Kyle Pitts Dad: “ I think Jerry’s got something up his sleeve that’s going to shock everyone”

For whatever it’s worth:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/kyle-pitts-2021-nfl-draft-philadelphia-20210428.html

“I’m nobody’s dummy. I don’t want to go to Denver, nor do I want to go to New England. I don’t want to go anywhere it’s cold. I’ve been living here 30 years and change. I’m ready for some pure heat. I think Jerry’s got something up his sleeve that’s going to shock everyone. That’s just my personal opinion. Doesn’t mean a lot.”

April 27th, 2021 at 3:11pm CST by Zachary Links

It’s been said that Jerry Jones can’t take his eyes off of Florida tight end Kyle Pitts. Although he may be high on the exceptional athlete, the Cowboys owner says that he’s not about to pay a king’s ransom for him.

[RELATED: Cowboys’ Sean Lee Retires From NFL]

We’re not going to spend inordinate value [to trade up for Pitts,]” Jones said (Twitter link via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News).

This is consistent with what we’ve been hearing in recent days — the Cowboys love Pitts’ blend of size, speed, and agility, but they aren’t about to mortgage the rest of their draft ammo for him. Moving up from No. 10 would be mighty costly, especially after the 49ers gave up a 2022 third-rounder and two future first rounders to go from No. 12 to No. 3.

Other teams could be tempted to move up for Pitts, who tallied 43 receptions for 770 yards and 12 touchdowns in just eight games last year — good for an average of 17.9 yards per catch. But, any team that wants to guarantee Pitts’ availability would have to pry the No. 4 pick away from the Falcons.

if Falcons want Pitts, the only way Jerry could block it would be to entice Jags, Jets or Niners......otherwise, he's gotta hope Falcons don't take him.

Would be HILARIOUS if the Niners traded back now wouldn't it?

1 minute ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Truthfully the rest of league should be sending whoever keeps pitts out of Jerry’s hands compensatory picks.I couldn’t survive a summer of daily “ how explosive will the cowboys offense be this year”. I would rather an outbreak of covid21 happen than that

Please God no. Don't speak like that.

22 minutes ago, ryanvalz said:

First, second and first next year and I would pull the trigger. 

I’d need more than that maybe a 4th as well. No way I pass on pitts for only 3 picks. Plus with Dak back I expect them To win their division this season making that next years first no higher than 21

Edited by texasfalconfan

1 hour ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Truthfully the rest of league should be sending whoever keeps pitts out of Jerry’s hands compensatory picks.I couldn’t survive a summer of daily “ how explosive will the cowboys offense be this year”. I would rather an outbreak of covid21 happen than that

That's gonna happen regardless of who they draft to be honest.

Cowboys can never lose in the media's eyes.

.....even when they lose.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

if Falcons want Pitts, the only way Jerry could block it would be to entice Jags, Jets or Niners......otherwise, he's gotta hope Falcons don't take him.

Would be HILARIOUS if the Niners traded back now wouldn't it?

No it would be stupid. 

My only worry is that Pitts has his mind set on Dallas and would chose us as a second option. The interviews I've seen doesn't have me convinced that he'd love to play here. Of course money is a motivator but we will see I guess. I think AS would make him shine more so than McCarthy 

1 minute ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

My only worry is that Pitts has his mind set on Dallas and would chose us as a second option. The interviews I've seen doesn't have me convinced that he'd love to play here. Of course money is a motivator but we will see I guess. I think AS would make him shine more so than McCarthy 

If I'm thinking of the same interview, he didn't seem excited to go to Dallas either. I think he's just trying to be political and not ruffle any feathers, but it more of comes off as disinterested.

Lol 25 more hours till we don't have to talk about this anymore.

8 minutes ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

Pitts has no say on where he goes unless he tries to pull an Elway or Eli Manning. If that's the case you don't want him anyways.