Falcons expected to take Kyle Pitts - today reporting - Graziano/Fowler ESPN per PFF twitter

Just now, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Exactly you saw what he was able to do with Trask. Imagine if he had a Mahomes, Rodgers or Wilson throwing to him in the league. Instead we have to watch Pitts get schemed open due to limitations of our QB.

Just like how Boy Wonder schemed players open?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better to pick a generational talent, than pick the 4th most desired QB

I would accept this because it could be a lot worse, we could reach for a QB.  

Posted Images

I think it is highly likely that we end up with Pitts, or possibly Chase; I think both of these guys will be huge stars in the league, and I think we may see Julio getting traded (or cut) as a result of this draft and the cap situation. I’m glad to hear that Detroit thought the asking price to move up to 4 was too high because it should be costly simply because there is too much talent to be had with that pick. I’m confident that TF is going to make a good decision with the #4 pick, and I’m very hopeful that he can find good talent with the rest of the picks as well.

25 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

I hate that Pitts will have one of the most boring QBs in the league throwing to him. He’d be unstoppable if we had a QB that wasn’t so hit or miss in the pocket. Imagine a QB that could consistently buy time with JJ, Ridley, and Pitts as targets. 

Have you not read the Twitter stats? Matt Ryan is the best qb of all time 

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

The QB Market is dead at 4 with Denver trading for Bridgewater. 

Really the only team that might go QB between 5-13 is Carolina. Lance and/or Fields will fall into the Teens where New England/Chicago/Washington will likely trade up to snag whats remaining.

Now you pivot the attention to Pitts to see if a desperate team like Miami/Cincy/Detroit bite on moving up for Pitts/Chase.

Or the Falcons can go QB and not have to worry about the position after Matt Ryan is done

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

That will have to play out of position for how long to start his career? You're talking about spending a top 4 pick on somebody who WILL have to change positions because he won't be playing LT for us. I would like a trade down as well, but it's gonna be there.

TF’s statement about picking an impact player who may not impact his rookie year had me thinking Sewell. 

Hope it’s Pitts though

17 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Exactly you saw what he was able to do with Trask. Imagine if he had a Mahomes, Rodgers or Wilson throwing to him in the league. Instead we have to watch Pitts get schemed open due to limitations of our QB.

I mean...Ryan has always been a guy to put too much air under his deep shots, Julio was never the guy to track, stack, and high point. If Pitts can bring that to the offense, he probably gets more highlights because of the way Ryan gets on target deep.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Neither of them drafted a QB at 4 either. Edit: Actually one of them did. He isn't on the team 4 years later. Worked out real well for them. They got rid of him in favor of a 40 year old.

So you’re saying we should draft a qb at 4 so it’ll work out in the end? Gotcha 

For me trade up teams have been gone since the Niners trade.

The cost is just too prohibitive if this opportunity was to eventuate it would have been done awhile ago I feel.

Teams like the Patriots WFT Bears and alike they’d have to mortgage 2 drafts to do it.

Inside the ten teams coming well it seems everyone’s made there bed.

Kyle Pitts come on down,potentially a new face of the franchise.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

I sincerely hope this is posturing. If not, we've gotten too locked in on a player and are ignoring an unprecedented opportunity to acquire additional compensation.

It takes two teams to make a trade and the value has to be there (see what SF gave Miami to come up).  You don't pass up an elite player for a couple of day 2 picks....