Falcons expected to take Kyle Pitts - today reporting - Graziano/Fowler ESPN per PFF twitter

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better to pick a generational talent, than pick the 4th most desired QB

I would accept this because it could be a lot worse, we could reach for a QB.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

The moves made in FA shored up our secondary. We still need a CB to pair with Terrell longterm, but we're not in dire need since we signed Moreau. Safety is pretty **** locked up with Erik Harris and Duron Harmon. Pass rush, yes, but there are no top flight pass rushers worth losing out on Pitts for. 

Unless someone throws a haul including firsts next year... it's not worth it to trade back. 

We still need a starting Safety. Erik Harris is nothing more than depth.

15 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Picking Pitts would be the most Atlanta Falcons move we can make. Flashy but does not resolve issues we've had for as long as I can remember. 

We will continue to lose at the LOS on both sides and when a starter gets injured we figure out we have no depth. Not fun.

PS I don't think TF and AS are like the previous GMs and coaches and will surprise us by not choosing Pitts. I don't think he is the pick

I'm not convinced either.  I wouldn't be surprised, but not totally convinced.  Terry is selling the pick.  

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

I'm not convinced either.  I wouldn't be surprised, but not totally convinced.  Terry is selling the pick.  

Im really thinking this. 

I mean I wouldn't be upset with a Pitts on the team, I just think there are much better options given the teams situation.

We had the best TE in the game and we won 1 playoff game.

Just now, Spongebob said:

Im really thinking this. 

I mean I wouldn't be upset with a Pitts on the team, I just think there are much better options given the teams situation.

The Browns had the best LT in the game and won zero. That means nothing.

13 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Denver isn’t trading up they just spent a 6th on bridgewater. They might take qb still but they won’t pay a kings ransom for it

I used past tense because that dream died with the Bridgewater trade. As I said elsewhere, it appears they made their final offer to us, and we rejected. So, they moved on to Plan B(ridgewater).

13 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We still need a starting Safety. Erik Harris is nothing more than depth.

He's started in 26 of the last 32 games he's appeared in. He isn't great, but I wouldn't say he's 'nothing more' than depth. We still need a safety on day 2 regardless, but also need a IOL, pass rusher, CB, etc

1 minute ago, dirtybirds233 said:

He's started in 26 of the last 32 games he's appeared in. He isn't great, but I wouldn't say he's 'nothing more' than depth. We still need a safety on day 2 regardless, but also need a IOL, pass rusher, CB, etc

Ricardo Allen started a ton of games too, Does not mean much. Plenty of guys across the league at every position start but are no good. 

7 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Generational talent or generational bust. Only time will tell. Unless you have some crystal ball that we don't know about. 

Isn't that true with any pick? Thing is there are a ton of experts saying he is a sure thing and none saying that he may be questionable. They aren't saying that about any other player in the draft except maybe Lawrence.

16 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Im really thinking this. 

That's fine & all, but we ain't winning the SB or playoff games with the best (plug in position) in the game either.

But since you're at 4, Pitts is special & brings tons of value.  Sure, drop back, fine, but my gosh it would be an amazing pick to begin the new era.