Falcons expected to take Kyle Pitts - today reporting - Graziano/Fowler ESPN per PFF twitter

3 minutes ago, BadMoonRising said:

I don’t really love any of the qbs in this draft.

jones is the closest but I still don’t like how easy he had it behind that OL.

All of the top qbs had it easy this year. There was zero away game crowds to play against. They all sat behind good OL's with hours to throw to wide open receivers. This is the worst year ever to really judge a qb.

Picking Pitts would be the most Atlanta Falcons move we can make. Flashy but does not resolve issues we've had for as long as I can remember. 

We will continue to lose at the LOS on both sides and when a starter gets injured we figure out we have no depth. Not fun.

PS I don't think TF and AS are like the previous GMs and coaches and will surprise us by not choosing Pitts. I don't think he is the pick

1 minute ago, Spongebob said:

Picking Pitts would be the most Atlanta Falcons move we can make. Flashy but does not resolve issues we've had for as long as I can remember. 

We will continue to lose at the LOS on both sides and when a starter gets injured we figure out we have no depth. Not fun.

PS I don't think TF and AS are like the previous GMs and coaches and will surprise us by not choosing Pitts. I don't think he is the pick

So you'd prefer us to draft for need instead of just taking the best player? Because thats how we got where we are.

23 minutes ago, jidady said:

I sincerely hope this is posturing. If not, we've gotten too locked in on a player and are ignoring an unprecedented opportunity to acquire additional compensation.

Every top flight receiver will be gone by 9, 11, or 15. There might be *one* available at 9, probably Waddle. That's it. 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So you'd prefer us to draft for need instead of just taking the best player? Because thats how we got where we are.

I would prefer to pull a Chris Grier Accumulate picks, hit on them and remake the team. Miami is in pretty solid position because of what he has done.

Secondly, Penei Sewell arguable BPA at a premier position.

25 minutes ago, jidady said:

I sincerely hope this is posturing. If not, we've gotten too locked in on a player and are ignoring an unprecedented opportunity to acquire additional compensation.

Assuming teams wanted to pay the price like San Fran did 

29 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

botched code

For future reference, posting tweets is easier than people realize. Click the link you want on Twitter and then cut and paste that URL in the posting window here. It'll automatically display. It took me like three years to figure that out.

Example: Dane Brugler's Beast is live for 2021.

The URL looks like this, but I've removed one character to show it: https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/137976479655232716

When I add the full URL, it automatically displays like this:

2 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

I would prefer to pull a Chris Grier Accumulate picks, hit on them and remake the team. Miami is in pretty solid position because of what he has done.

Secondly, Penei Sewell arguable BPA at a premier position.

That will have to play out of position for how long to start his career? You're talking about spending a top 4 pick on somebody who WILL have to change positions because he won't be playing LT for us. I would like a trade down as well, but it's gonna be there.

6 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Every top flight receiver will be gone by 9, 11, or 15. There might be *one* available at 9, probably Waddle. That's it. 

Yeah, but we need corners, safeties, and pass rushers. Pitts and Chase are BPA players. If we dealt down, we could have taken Surtain or Horn at #9 and then gotten a pass rusher for free at #40. That would have given us eight picks to go pure BPA and probably some future compensation to boot.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

That will have to play out of position for how long to start his career? You're talking about spending a top 4 pick on somebody who WILL have to change positions because he won't be playing LT for us.

Friend you can never have enough olinemen or dlinemen. Winning franchises do it.

Absolutely I'd do it and not look back. But like I said firstly I would heavily explore gaining more draft capital. 

1 minute ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Got a feeling this is accurate.  It’s gonna be Pitts.   Occam’s Razor.  And it matches up well with the Julio rumors.  

I'm the same. I feel like anything is possible in terms of smokescreening until Goodell announces the pick. However, Denver just gave up, which tells me that they made their last, best offer, and we said no.

So, it's NE or nothing, and they're getting linked to Carolina the most. The interesting subplot here is that Miami probably traded to #6, thinking they'd get one of Pitts or Chase. They're looking at Waddle or Sewell now, and some folks think it's the former. I wonder if they trade back again.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yeah, but we need corners, safeties, and pass rushers. Pitts and Chase are BPA players. If we dealt down, we could have taken Surtain or Horn at #9 and then gotten a pass rusher for free at #40. That would have given eight picks to go pure BPA and probably some future compensation to boot.

The moves made in FA shored up our secondary. We still need a CB to pair with Terrell longterm, but we're not in dire need since we signed Moreau. Safety is pretty **** locked up with Erik Harris and Duron Harmon. Pass rush, yes, but there are no top flight pass rushers worth losing out on Pitts for. 

Unless someone throws a haul including firsts next year... it's not worth it to trade back. 

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yeah, but we need corners, safeties, and pass rushers. Pitts and Chase are BPA players. If we dealt down, we could have taken Surtain or Horn at #9 and then gotten a pass rusher for free at #40. That would have given eight picks to go pure BPA and probably some future compensation to boot.

Denver isn’t trading up they just spent a 6th on bridgewater. They might take qb still but they won’t pay a kings ransom for it

1 minute ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

The moves made in FA shored up our secondary. We still need a CB to pair with Terrell longterm, but we're not in dire need since we signed Moreau. Safety is pretty **** locked up with Erik Harris and Duron Harmon. Pass rush, yes, but there are no top flight pass rushers worth losing out on Pitts for. 

Unless someone throws a haul including firsts next year... it's not worth it to trade back. 

I wouldn't touch a single pass rusher in this draft with a 10 foot pole, not edge rushers anyway. They're all surrounded by gigantic question marks. Rousseau in the 2nd I'd be kinda ok with but I still wouldn't like it....