• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like you got started early on the miller lights.

I'm not a fan of picking any player at #4 who didn't play a snap last season. 

Just want to get out in front of this draft, though 98.6% of you will disagree. I'm ready to shout from the rooftops "I told you so!" The rumor mill with Julio on the block only solidifies my cas

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

Had me until Miller Lite.  Bro.  No.

As someone who has tried every beer under the Sun... TBH Miller Lite is better than Bud Light, has more flavor than Coors Light, and is cheaper than any of the craft nonsense that is either too flavorful or too expensive. It checks a lot of boxes. 

Only competitors I'd say are Yuengling or Miller Genuine Draft. Love me either one of those. 

If you want cheap the only beer there is, is Miller High Life. 

2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Press conference sounded like it's far from being ruled out. As long as the value of trade would be suffice

Those guys' PCs are about as snarky as it gets. It's definitely not the platitude laden, politicking that DQ and TD used to do with the media around here.

TF telling bow tie that he'd save time by just coming out there and sitting in on all their work was some very underrated trolling. 😄

26 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

As someone who has tried every beer under the Sun... TBH Miller Lite is better than Bud Light, has more flavor than Coors Light, and is cheaper than any of the craft nonsense that is either too flavorful or too expensive. It checks a lot of boxes. 

Only competitors I'd say are Yuengling or Miller Genuine Draft. Love me either one of those. 

I was weened on Miller/Miller Light & still enjoy it today as an easy drinking light beer that truly is less filling & tastes great!

I do quite enjoy craft beers including IPA's as well as a nice Guinness.  Guinness is surprisingly light calorically speaking in case some of y'all are not aware.  

But it boils down to being easy on your budget & waistline I think.  And it has always been a beer I can measure myself against.  The IPA's can really get up there with alcohol content so I'll usually stop at 2 of those.  

Beer R Good!!  BTW, I took my wife to see the Jack Daniel distillery & it was actually pretty cool.  Still making the worlds supply of Jack from that one location in TN.

I'm pretty much dead set against any receiver at 4, or in the first round period, for that matter. Having said that, I think the case can easily be made that Chase is just as blue chip, if not moreso, than Pitts as a receiving prospect.

He and Rid would be a great duo when the time comes to move on from Julio, whenever that is. 

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Having said that, I think the case can easily be made that Chase is just as blue chip, if not moreso, than Pitts as a receiving prospect.

He and Rid would be a great duo when the time comes to move on from Julio, whenever that is. 

I think the x-factor here is that we hired a former TE coach. He appreciates the matchup problems he can cause with Pitts and believes they're superlative to what would happen with Chase.

I've stated loudly and frequently that I think Chase is better. However, I've watched Arthur Smith call plays the last two years. He's a legit genius. So, if this is what he wants, I respect that.

I always admired Shanahan for using a fullback, just because he knew that it immediately created defensive mismatches. So few teams use a fullback that nobody drafts personnel to account for it.

Pitts is about to be the highest drafted TE of the 21st century, even over Vernon Davis. And it's not a reach. He's that good. The combination of Arthur Smith calling plays with him should be fun for the next few years.

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

Pitts is about to be the highest drafted TE of the 21st century, even over Vernon Davis. And it's not a reach. He's that good. 

I surely hope so, because that's a mammoth risk. Maybe even riskier than any of the QBs drafted ahead of us. Definitely the riskiest pick we'll have made in years. 

Honestly, it makes me queasy with nervousness that he's going to be an epic, all time bust.  🤢

I agree with you about FBs, btw!

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I used to drink RED DOG.  That is cheap.  I rather like Yuenglings low carb stuff.  Clean tasting.

33 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I was weened on Miller/Miller Light & still enjoy it today as an easy drinking light beer that truly is less filling & tastes great!

I do quite enjoy craft beers including IPA's as well as a nice Guinness.  Guinness is surprisingly light calorically speaking in case some of y'all are not aware.  

But it boils down to being easy on your budget & waistline I think.  And it has always been a beer I can measure myself against.  The IPA's can really get up there with alcohol content so I'll usually stop at 2 of those.  

Beer R Good!!  BTW, I took my wife to see the Jack Daniel distillery & it was actually pretty cool.  Still making the worlds supply of Jack from that one location in TN.

Guinness is my jam.  Or really any dark beer.  Although, Yuengling makes a fine low carb beer.  Gotta watch those freaking carbs...🤣

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Guinness is my jam.  Or really any dark beer.  Although, Yuengling makes a fine low carb beer.  Gotta watch those freaking carbs...🤣

I'm diabetic, so when I do drink a beer, it's usually Mich Ultra for that reason. Maybe I'll try the LC Yuengling next time.

6 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I surely hope so, because that's a mammoth risk. Maybe even riskier than any of the QBs drafted ahead of us. Definitely the riskiest pick we'll have made in years. 

Honestly, it makes me queasy with nervousness that he's going to be an epic, all time bust.  🤢

I agree with you about FBs, btw!

You and I have always lined up here. This team needs defense. We should trade down, acquire picks, and draft Surtain or Horn or Moehrig.

But it seems like this year is like 2011 where everybody thinks the guys at the top of the board are legitimately can't miss prospects. If you look at that draft, you realize that trading down would have been monumentally stupid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

If they're healthy, Chase and Pitts are offensive juggernaut players.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

You and I have always lined up here. This team needs defense. We should trade down, acquire picks, and draft Surtain or Horn or Moehrig.

But it seems like this year is like 2011 where everybody thinks the guys at the top of the board are legitimately can't miss prospects. If you look at that draft, you realize that trading down would have been monumentally stupid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

If they're healthy, Chase and Pitts are offensive juggernaut players.

I guess I just gotta suck it up and go with whatever happens. 😄