Kyle Pitts discussing what it would mean if the Falcons draft him

3 minutes ago, BLM said:

Chiefs lost to brady cuz they couldn't protect Maholmes or stop brady.  You think they are thinking they need to add weapons?

Our line isnt as bad as you think. We had no scheme or game planning until we played the chiefs and should have one had AJ caught that pass he dropped. Probably was our most complete gm of the year.

Edited by red falcon

6 minutes ago, BLM said:

Lol matt ryan sacked 40 times, defense sucks, run game sucks.  Yet drafting a shiny toy will lead us to superbowl.  Because we will out gun the chiefs or buccs.

And what if we can't find a reasonable trade back offer? Does drafting a rookie QB lead us to the super bowl? Or do you suppose we reach on a guy and bypass a potential generational talent? Sewell is too high a draft pick as well when we've invested so much on the Oline already, especially with Pitts and Chase on the board. So do you propose something or are you just here to complain and be a negative Nancy?

13 minutes ago, BLM said:

Lol matt ryan sacked 40 times, defense sucks, run game sucks.  Yet drafting a shiny toy will lead us to superbowl.  Because we will out gun the chiefs or buccs.

bruh we do have more then one pick....if it was a chase young here i would get your beef but taking the best player in the draft is the move if we cant trade back.

Grab a Payton Turner and Alim McNeil in the next 2 rounds... now your defense just got bigger and tougher with some maulers that can pass rush.

Rather we draft TE, WR or QB at 4....Or we trade back.... This draft success will be made by what we do in round 2-5... The 4th pick is not the only pick

Also the biggest improvement we made is the coaching staff..... i want to see what this young oline can do in a scheme that fits them with a playcaller that fits their strengths.

I wanna see what Pees can do with a Marlon Davison... A Fowler.. A Debo...A Foye...A Walker.. A Oliver blizting from the Nickle position... A Cominsky....

I think Coaching will be big... We still need more talent but i def think coaching will be big

9 hours ago, BLM said:

Chiefs lost to brady cuz they couldn't protect Maholmes or stop brady.  You think they are thinking they need to add weapons?

Actually, chiefs lost because they got completely out-coached. Like ‘had their azzes handed to them’ out-coached. Something falcon fans have seen here on almost a weekly basis over last 3 seasons.

3 minutes ago, atljbo said:

bruh we do have more then one pick....if it was a chase young here i would get your beef but taking the best player in the draft is the move if we cant trade back.

Grab a Payton Turner and Alim McNeil in the next 2 rounds... now your defense just got bigger and tougher with some maulers that can pass rush.

Rather we draft TE, WR or QB at 4....Or we trade back.... This draft success will be made by what we do in round 2-5... The 4th pick is not the only pick

Great post

11 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Also both of the Chiefs starting OTs didn't play.

Chiefs still would've lost though because that was an *** kicking.

Yes sir, and everybody knew ahead of time both starting OT’s wouldn’t play. Yet Reid/Biennemy made no game-plan adjustments for any of that.

19 minutes ago, BLM said:

Show me the value on defense at 4 and I'll take them. There isn't any. You're talking about a needs based draft and that's what Thomas Dimitrof did, and that's why we are where we are

20 minutes ago, BLM said:

Didn't know that one player being drafted at #4 could single handedly fix any of those issues. It's a team game that's why every round is important and why you don't have to stress over just one particular pick. 

9 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

And what if we can't find a reasonable trade back offer? Does drafting a rookie QB lead us to the super bowl? Or do you suppose we reach on a guy and bypass a potential generational talent? Sewell is too high a draft pick as well when we've invested so much on the Oline already, especially with Pitts and Chase on the board. So do you propose something or are you just here to complain and be a negative Nancy?

I like sewell or trade back, it doesn't matter how much we invested.  What matters is if it's good or not.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Yes, and everybody knew ahead of time both starting OT’s woukdnt play. Yet Reid/Biennemy made no game plan adjustments for that.

Exactly. They had 2 weeks to prepare. They relied on their speed too much. Also the Mahomes injury factored into it.  Bucs have an all star team on both sides of the ball. No to mention Bowles who is a heck of a coordinator. 

57 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Exactly. They had 2 weeks to prepare. They relied on their speed too much. Also the Mahomes injury factored into it.  Bucs have an all star team on both sides of the ball. No to mention Bowles who is a heck of a coordinator. 

Yeah, Bowles was MVP that game for them, IMHO. He came in with a brilliant game plan on Mahomes, while (as I said) Reid/Biennemy’s plan was lazy at best.

1 minute ago, Dem Birds said:

Show me the value on defense at 4 and I'll take them. There isn't any. You're talking about a needs based draft and that's what Thomas Dimitrof did, and that's why we are where we are

Td had no draft strategy.

36 minutes ago, BLM said:

Sure. 1st round is the only place we can fix all 3 of those issues at the same time. The draft just ends after the 1st this year, I forgot 🙄