Crazy trade idea

Since the Julio talk  is big right now an idea popped into my head.

How about the Falcons and let's say the raven's agree to a trade of Julio for..... pick 31 and a 2022 4th buttttt. Since the trade can't be finalized until 6/2. The falcons tell the raven's we want player x and then the trade happens after on June 2nd.

How about it?

12 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Since the Julio talk  is big right now an idea popped into my head.

How about the Falcons and let's say the raven's agree to a trade of Julio for..... pick 31 and a 2022 4th buttttt. Since the trade can't be finalized until 6/2. The falcons tell the raven's we want player x and then the trade happens after on June 2nd.

How about it?

I'm thinking it'd be closer to a 1st rounder this year and then a pick next year that ranges from 2nd-5th depending on how many games he plays. 

Not sure if we could get a pick this year and it gets designated as a post June 1st trade. I would think not but I don't know. If not, then it's not worth trading him before June 1st and eating additional money

What player did you have in mind though?

Edited by Foo Falcons

Just now, Foo Falcons said:

I'm thinking it'd be closer to a 1st rounder this year and then a pick next year that ranges from 2nd-5th depending on how many games he plays. 

What player did you have in mind though?

I have no idea. It depends on if they or QB or Pitas honestly. Since that would tell me are they playing for now or future.

I'd guess win now Best Edge

Play for future....WR or CB

But the only reason I bring this up is because a straight trade for a 2021 pick won't happen due to the cap hit it'd be. Which is why I thought I'd this fun potential idea. 

1 hour ago, FalconofShadows said:

I have no idea. It depends on if they or QB or Pitas honestly. Since that would tell me are they playing for now or future.

I'd guess win now Best Edge

Play for future....WR or CB

But the only reason I bring this up is because a straight trade for a 2021 pick won't happen due to the cap hit it'd be. Which is why I thought I'd this fun potential idea. 

Yeah I went back and edited the reply right after because I remembered that post June 1st thing. As I stated in the edit:

Not sure if we could get a pick this year and it gets designated as a post June 1st trade. I would think not but I don't know. If not, then it's not worth trading him before June 1st and eating additional money. 

I'd hate to trade him for nothing but future draft picks, conditional ones at that.

2 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Somehow I’m sure there is a rule against that lol

That's exactly what happened with the Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers trade. Have team 1 pick a player that team 2 wants and finalize the trade later.

The teams can do it but the league won't sanction it, meaning if team 2 renegs then team 1 is stuck with the player.

1 hour ago, Artys Arryn said:

The OP isn't wrong actually. It can't be draft picks this year. But it can be a player drafted with a pick this year.

That said, no chance it actually happens.

Sorry, didn't read thoroughly. Thanks for claifying

4 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

Yeah I went back and edited the reply right after because I remembered that post June 1st thing. As I stated in the edit:

Not sure if we could get a pick this year and it gets designated as a post June 1st trade. I would think not but I don't know. If not, then it's not worth trading him before June 1st and eating additional money. 

I'd hate to trade him for nothing but future draft picks, conditional ones at that.

You can’t post date trades, has to be actually after June 1st.

5 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

This is actually done in the NBA all the time. Not sure why it couldn't work it the NFL. 

Isn't that because the NBA league year doesn't start until after the draft?

No trades can be official until league offices open.

1 hour ago, Foo Falcons said:

I figured, it doesn't make much sense haha didn't know if there was some sort of loophole

You can with cuts, just not trades.  A lot of people keep using that idea to move on from Ryan or Julio and it’s just so hard to do because you have to hold onto the cap hit through free agency and the draft.