ESPN First Take and Get UP on possible Julio Jones trade

Dimitroff is still sticking it to us...   with such terrible signed deals....  arguably the most loved and favorite falcon today on the verge of being traded because of dimitroff, and now a long time Saints personel person whos a  Falcon gonna pull the trigger ...  I feel like Saints fans are telling Terry "execute order 66"     I would be completely crushed if we lose JJ..   when we lost Roddy I hated Shanahan, then we lost Sanu, I hated dimitroff..   if we lose JJ, Terry you better have a Lombardi in our trophy case in no less than 3 years or I will forever hate you. 

29 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Dimitroff is still sticking it to us...   with such terrible signed deals....  arguably the most loved and favorite falcon today on the verge of being traded because of dimitroff, and now a long time Saints personel person whos a  Falcon gonna pull the trigger ...  I feel like Saints fans are telling Terry "execute order 66"     I would be completely crushed if we lose JJ..   when we lost Roddy I hated Shanahan, then we lost Sanu, I hated dimitroff..   if we lose JJ, Terry you better have a Lombardi in our trophy case in no less than 3 years or I will forever hate you. 

lol hard to blame this on TD. He took JJ to the cleaners on his original contract and then JJ made him redo it for more or less market value. TF said exactly what he should have said for that question and people are just bored. TF could not have given a better answer and yet everyone is freaking out. 

31 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

I love JJ11 but he can barely stay on the field for half a season. I want a Lombardi. Period. With or without Julio or Matt. Whatever it takes I am in and that includes trading everyone. Sadly, his better days are behind him and we have too many holes to fill. The time to move on is now, it's a business..

Players come and go. In the end what we are rooting for is a city and laundry. It's that simple. We are rooting for a city represented by red & black laundry and a bird. I don't care who's in the laundry, I want the Lombardi. Been watching this team since 1980. Whatever it takes, this city deserves that trophy no matter the cost or loss of players.

2 minutes ago, PuppyMonster said:

lol hard to blame this on TD. He took JJ to the cleaners on his original contract and then JJ made him redo it for more or less market value. TF said exactly what he should have said for that question and people are just bored. TF could not have given a better answer and yet everyone is freaking out. 

Its all about the context of TF's statement. Sounds like he was asked about fielding calls for trades on Julio. He gave a neutral measured response that he would give for any player that question was asked about. People just go ape **** crazy over nothing, that by no means is an affirmation that a Julio trade is imminent.

You trade Julio if you are going into a 3 to 5 year rebuild, not if you think you can get this team to the playoffs within a year or two. If a team offers a 1st and a day 2 pick next draft, maybe consider it. If a team offers a haul this season AND we can sign Grady Jarrett to an extension to offset the 23 million in dead cap by trading Julio before 6/1, you maybe consider it. I don't see either of those scenarios happening, so keep Julio and gear up the offense if you take Pitts at 4, or trade back, stockpile for next year, and bolster the defense this year.

Also, I really hate it when I agree with SAS.

45 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

"Order 66"  MOTHER-******* gold!

15 minutes ago, xianshino said:

I love JJ11 but he can barely stay on the field for half a season. I want a Lombardi. Period. With or without Julio or Matt. Whatever it takes I am in and that includes trading everyone. Sadly, his better days are behind him and we have too many holes to fill. The time to move on is now, it's a business..

IMHO indont think JJ was as injured as we think...  the team was horrible last year and there was no reason to possible seriously really hurt himself...   JJ can be out Larry Fitz, the mo ey situation is what it is, but you can't trade a future HOF with years left as an elite player and mentor..    

Edited by falconfanEST1989

10 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

IMHO indont think JJ was as injured as we think...  the team was horrible last year and there was no reason to possible seriously really hurt himself...   JJ can be out Larry Fitz, the mo ey situation is what it is, but you can't trade a future HOF with years left as an elite player and mentor..    

That might be part of the issue...

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Seems like you can't cope with the fact that players get old. Sanu didn't do squat after he left, roddy didn't either.

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

TD responsible for Covid aswell its funny how when a lot talk about cap this is funnily enough never mentioned.

I bet if the Falcons won the SB would they worry about cap 😂 consistency at its finest on TATF.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

TD responsible for Covid aswell its funny how when a lot talk about cap this is funnily enough never mentioned.

I bet if the Falcons won the SB would they worry about cap 😂 consistency at its finest on TATF.

i mean get troffed stay troffed