OutKick - Albert Breer BREAKS DOWN Niners, Falcons Draft Night Drama

1 minute ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

**** a trade down take the best player in this draft..seriously Atlanta get it right for once with this draft ****

Pitts is not the best player in the draft are you kidding me. If you want a wide receiver just take Chase. that's all Pitts is dude , a glorified wide receiver. He's not physical, he doesn't block. That's who you want us to pick at number four. I just don't understand why we as fans love the workout warriors, the shiny hood ornaments, the "me look like Tarzan play like Jane" flash in the pan players. May explain why we've never won a super bowl. Well we got a few days and we'll see

17 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Pitts is not the best player in the draft are you kidding me. If you want a wide receiver just take Chase. that's all Pitts is dude , a glorified wide receiver. He's not physical, he doesn't block. That's who you want us to pick at number four. I just don't understand why we as fans love the workout warriors, the shiny hood ornaments, the "me look like Tarzan play like Jane" flash in the pan players. May explain why we've never won a super bowl. Well we got a few days and we'll see

You stand alone if you think Chase is that much better than Pitts. They can be compared as equals, value and upside wise, but the world pretty much agrees Pitts is ahead of Chase. Normally I'd go against the majority's opinion on most things nowadays but I'd have to agree with the consensus on this one.

21 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

So chase isnt a shiney ornament? His lack of blocking narrative is over blown. He improved from year to year. He is the best player after Lawrence.

31 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Everything you just said about the kid is wrong lol. Calling him a workout warrior when his on the field play shines is just a lazy take. Be better. 

11 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

You stand alone if you think Chase is that much better than Pitts. They can be compared as equals, value and upside wise, but the world pretty much agrees Pitts is ahead of Chase.

I...think Chase is better.

SI thinks Chase is better:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/nfl-draft-bible-2021-overall-big-board

Sporting News thinks Chase is better:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-player-rankings-big-board/1k5tiozjs62rl1k1weni83rroi

Tony Pauline thinks Chase is better:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-updated-big-board-player-rankings/

Drafttek thinks Chase is better:

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Big-Board/Top-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2021-Page-1.asp

PFF thinks Chase is better: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-pff-top-100-big-board

That dude is weird, but let's not get it twisted. Chase is the better overall talent. Pitts is the one who provides unique value for his position. Our offense levels up with either one, and we should be thrilled with either.

40 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Who the fans like, "may explain why we've never won a Super Bowl" 

OK

51 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

calling Pitts a workout warrior lol...oh ok.  That's a new one.  The dude dominated in the actual games.

56 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Honestly I love Pitts and would not be upset if we take him. He is completely overjoyed at this point and those players always seem to under produce and not meet expectations.  Looking at this teams new identity and where AS and Font are taking us (power running) alluded to by the signings of players like Mike Davis and Lee Smith I really don't think Pitts fits this new identity as well as other players available.

Keep an eye on Tommy Tremble for the Falcons.

23 minutes ago, jidady said:

I...think Chase is better.

SI thinks Chase is better:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/nfl-draft-bible-2021-overall-big-board

Sporting News thinks Chase is better:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-player-rankings-big-board/1k5tiozjs62rl1k1weni83rroi

Tony Pauline thinks Chase is better:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-updated-big-board-player-rankings/

Drafttek thinks Chase is better:

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Big-Board/Top-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2021-Page-1.asp

PFF thinks Chase is better: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-pff-top-100-big-board

That dude is weird, but let's not get it twisted. Chase is the better overall talent. Pitts is the one who provides unique value for his position. Our offense levels up with either one, and we should be thrilled with either.

I can understand someone giving Chase the edge to an extent. I don't agree, but there's no denying Chase has immense talent. The way you described him, as a workout warrior/Tarzan plays like Jane, put a pretty big gap between the two which simply isn't the case, which was my point. Pitts is on *most people's boards ahead of Chase as he should be. Not because of sheer potential, what might could be, workout numbers, etc. They guy dominated everyone he went against and has most scouts saying he's the best TE either this century or ever. He truly is a unicorn that you take ahead of Chase. Most ever team without a stud TE already in place, and maybe even then, likely take Pitts ahead of Chase 

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I disagree.  Pitts is the best player in this draft.  Lawrence is the untouchable, but Pitts is the best of this draft.  

Yes, Chase is good, very good, but Pitts is a notch above in performance, adaptability, and football character.  I am telling you, Pitts is the best choice for this franchise in this draft.  

I would love to have a pass rusher worth this pick, but reality says NO.  Just take the best player available.  Draft Pitts and use our early second rounder to trade down and pick up more mid-round draft picks.  

The Pitts/Chase thing is interesting.

Let's say Pitts, with a year in the NFL becomes a decent to pretty good run blocker.

Let's also say he's not as talented a pass catcher as Chase.

Do you still take the guy who provides a bunch of mismatches at his position?  Does the reality that you can get pretty good WR's in the 2nd round make you think pairing Pitts with a 2nd round receiver down the road is more powerful than pairing Chase with a 2nd round TE?

Assuming they're not planning on keeping Julio long, either make sense.  There's just an interesting discussion and a lot of strategy on which one you should take of the two.

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Let's say Pitts, with a year in the NFL becomes a decent to pretty good run blocker.

Do you still take the guy who provides a bunch of mismatches at his position?  Does the reality that you can get pretty good WR's in the 2nd round make you think pairing Pitts with a 2nd round receiver down the road is more powerful than pairing Chase with a 2nd round TE?

Assuming they're not planning on keeping Julio long, either make sense.  There's just an interesting discussion and a lot of strategy on which one you should take of the two.

I think when looking at a player like Pitts you also have to factor in how much he changes how the defense has to play you as well as how much he opens up the playbook and benefits the playcalling.  With the coordinator Pitts is definitely the advantage.  With Dirk Koetter not so much...Also I think we will be judging him based off of touchdowns more so than yards.

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Even if it were true Pitts is still a better WR prospect than Chase. Lol

6 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

that's a good conversation starter. personally i'd take pitts with the later WR.

7 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

I think when looking at a player like Pitts you also have to factor in how much he changes how the defense has to play you as well as how much he opens up the playbook and benefits the playcalling.  With the coordinator Pitts is definitely the advantage.  With Dirk Koetter not so much...Also I think we will be judging him based off of touchdowns more so than yards.

Exactly. Like Julio, Pitts is a force multiplier. Outside of QB there aren't many of those in the league.

14 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Why would you say he's not as talented as a pass catcher? It certainly hasn't been true so far