Jump to content

Julio contract being looked at for possible trade on draft night.


Recommended Posts

Okay so if we determine trade value other teams are looking at let’s say 12-14 games a year or high level wr play for say 3-4 years left( assuming they resign and extend) taking small amount of value because of cap savings he brings us. I say realistically late 1st or mid 2nd and a 3rd either this or next year draft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Okay so if we determine trade value other teams are looking at let’s say 12-14 games a year or high level wr play for say 3-4 years left( assuming they resign and extend) taking small amount of value because of cap savings he brings us. I say realistically late 1st or mid 2nd and a 3rd either this or next year draft

 

I don't think Julio will get the Falcons a 1st round pick at his age and injury history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, falcons007 said:

Who are the falcons going to cut for that trade to happen? 23 M dead money and an extra 200 K dead cap. Sounds like One of those crazy Trade Ryan ideas peddled earlier. I knew Julio was next up on the list for Media to speculate.

I'm not a cap expert, but it says we save $15M this year, why are we cutting someone? The cap going up will offset his hit next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Let's just say if Julio were to be traded, would this mean the Falcons would be doing a little bit of transitioning?

The trade makes no sense before June 1st. Falcons rather have Julio Play the year than take 23 M dead cap. Falcons lose additional 200K cap by trading Julio. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And this is how false rumors spread. 
 

The yahoo article is derived from Peter King’s MMQB article. Where he says, it’s complete guesswork and he has no active knowledge of any trade.

Now, on Twitter, you have fake Adam Schefters “reporting” the Falcons are fielding calls for a possible Julio Jones trade, and the article doesn’t even say that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Power I said:

I'm not a cap expert, but it says we save $15M this year, why are we cutting someone? The cap going up will offset his hit next year. 

Saving 15 M this year? Lmao. If Julio is traded before June 1st, Falcons will take an additional 200 K cap hit. Falcons are barely above the cap as of now and they don't need to lose extra cap on dead trades. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Who are the falcons going to cut for that trade to happen? 23 M dead money and an extra 200 K dead cap. Sounds like One of those crazy Trade Ryan ideas peddled earlier. I knew Julio was next up on the list for Media to speculate.

 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

The trade makes no sense before June 1st. Falcons rather have Julio Play the year than take 23 M dead cap. Falcons lose additional 200K cap by trading Julio. 

 

Honestly I think Fontenot may just be seeing what teams may offer for Julio just to weigh options and just to gauge interest.

 

I don't think anything serious will more than likely come of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, atlvicktim08 said:

And this is how false rumors spread. 
 

The yahoo article is derived from Peter King’s MMQB article. Where he says, it’s complete guesswork and he has no active knowledge of any trade.

Now, on Twitter, you have fake Adam Schefters “reporting” the Falcons are fielding calls for a possible Julio Jones trade, and the article doesn’t even say that.

Aww that makes much more sense. Okay fake news got me this time. Should know better than to react before coffee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Power I said:

The article literally says they wouldn't do it before June 2nd. 

Why would you do the trade after June 2nd? Julio will still leave 7.5M dead cap in 2021 and additional 15.5M dead cap in 2022. Basically paying 15.5M in 2022 for a guy who isn't on the roster. Falcons might just play Julio in 2021 and easily move on in 2022. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What would be the point of making a trade on draft day for future picks that can't even be official before June 2nd?

The only way that could happen is if we trade with an IOU. That would be a first 😂🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

Honestly I think Fontenot may just be seeing what teams may offer for Julio just to weigh options and just to gauge interest.

 

I don't think anything serious will more than likely come of it.

They always talk. lol. This is wild speculation, nothing more nothing less. We know Rams called GB for Aaron Rodgers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...