Cornerbacks Falcons Could Have Interest In AFTER Their #4 Pick

Dave Archer gives a brief overview of the top cornerbacks that will be of interest to the Atlanta Falcons in the fast-approaching 2021 NFL Draft April 29th. The video is only about 7 minutes, so he doesn't go into a lot of detail. Cornerbacks included were Patrick Surtain II, Caleb Farley, Jaycee Horn, Asante Samuel Jr., and Georgia Bulldog CB Tyson Campbell, who acquitted himself pretty well vs a certain Kyle Pitts and Devonta Smith. Who do you want? I like everybody! lol.

2nd Rd: Asante Samuel Jr, Elijah Molden (FS option), Tyson Campbell

3rd/4th: Trill Williams, Benjamin St-Juste, Paulson Adebo, Robert Rochell, Tre Brown

5th-7th: Rodarius Williams, DJ Daniel, Shakur Brown

I'd prefer picking up two guys in the 3rd-5th Rd and using the 2nd on an Edge but definitely am not opposed to addressing it early. One of our main weaknesses no doubt.

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Trade down for JC Horn?

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Im all for it IF we can get a haul for dropping no more than 10 spots.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Not out of the question. I like Horn and think he's going to quickly become a stud for some team.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes fairly early and should be the 2nd CB off the board. Maybe 9-15 range. He has all the measurables for a team to fall in love with him. I'd be a little surprised if he goes before Surtain, but not a lot.

This is a super deep CB class. Lots of fantastic Nickel options and outside guys. 

#2 Outside CBs:

Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State

Eric Stokes, Georgia

Kelvin Joseph, Kentucky

Tre Brown, Oklahoma

Tay Gowan, UCF

Zech McPhearson, Texas Tech

NB/Safeties:

Jevon Holland, Oregon

Ar’Darius Washington, TCU

Elijah Molden, Washington

Would love to grab a couple of these guys

4 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Asante Samuel Jr. In the second would be nice. Dude is going to be really good. Horn and Surtain are both legit CB#1. 

His dad was a good player and had a good career. He's going to be a chip off the old block. Would absolutely be a great addition here, especially with the family ties to the team.

2 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

Asante Samuel Jr. In the second would be nice. Dude is going to be really good. Horn and Surtain are both legit CB#1. 

I think he will get pushed around on the outside and just doesn't have make up speed. I don't like him as a boundary corner. I think he could be a great nickle though.

8 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

This is a super deep CB class. Lots of fantastic Nickel options and outside guys. 

#2 Outside CBs:

Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State

Eric Stokes, Georgia

Kelvin Joseph, Kentucky

Tre Brown, Oklahoma

Tay Gowan, UCF

Zech McPhearson, Texas Tech

NB/Safeties:

Jevon Holland, Oregon

Ar’Darius Washington, TCU

Elijah Molden, Washington

Would love to grab a couple of these guys

Yeap, and that is the reason why I'm hoping we take DBs in the latter  rounds. Take those players of need that is most hard to get... first and wait for the positions that have the most available in mid to latter rounds.. Smith and Fount are smart , I'm sure they have figured this out before I did.. Take early what's not available in latter rounds. :shrug:

15 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons have met CB and safeties from multiple rounds.

First round: Surtain 

Second Round : Asante Samuel. 

Round 3-5: Trill Williams

Late Round : Darren Hall. 

Doesn’t mean they won’t pick Cb they have t met. 

Some people say Samuel will go in the bottom of the first ,, and some say he goes in the top of the second.  I personally hope we wait to till the 3rd round to start taking our DB needs.. Because the big O and D linemen will go first .. I've studied this and we need to take our Lines in the first 2 or 3 rounds , and take our DBs from round 3 or 4 on. Just seems logical to me. WE have to take what's going first.. so we can fill our needs. And it will be the Lines first and the DBs second with And the highest talent of each position .  We do have to peg the RB we want and take him before his ranking.  As I've said.. I'm hoping for J Williams ..

Sadly Horn got a late surge, and has risen into top 15 territory. Only way to get him is obviously via trade down. Not the biggest Surtain fan. He'll be a good defender, but I don't think he's the best CB in this draft. If Farley didn't have his medical concerns, He'd be my #1.

2nd round guys. Samuel got the size for Nickel. Campbell/Stokes could go here, or drop into the 3rd due to the heavy OL class. Kelvin Joseph has the ability if he can ever get consistent.

After the 2nd, it's up in the air where guys could go. Ifeatu Melifonwu has the tools to be effective. Paulson Adeabo was well regarded last year around this time. I think Tay Gowan is a 2nd round corner, but inexperience could push him into the 3rd or so. Elijah Molden is probably being looked at as more Saftey than nickel CB, but he's versatile, and that will be a big plus for him.

Later in the draft, you start to look at guys who are more depth than top 2 CB types, but many could rise depending on how they progress.