With the 35fh pick what or who are we drafting?

40 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Harris, or Williams

You and me too. But I'm leaning to Williams because I don't think Harris will still be there with our pick 36,, But Williams will be.. But that's not a bad thing ,, I really like Javonte. 

54 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

I'll even go 1 step further...

Atlanta trades #35 and 2022 2nd to the Jets for #23.

Atlanta jumps Pittsburg to draft Najee Harris.

Rose-colored glasses type of thinking but I'd love to see that happen.

Asante Samuel Jr

Just say no.

— Bigger receivers just push him around in the route

This is a problem. Multiple receivers in the Notre Dame game this season were just able to manhandle Samuel and take him from a good position when the ball was in the air to a bad position by the time it arrived at the catch point.

They didn’t all result in completions, but the fact they found it so easy to move him around speaks to the issues he is going to have against physically imposing receivers in the NFL. Samuel needs to be stronger once he has contact with the receiver in-phase, and there’s just no easy way of doing that against a guy 50 pounds heavier.

— Doesn’t have the speed to run down a gap on a receiver

This might be his biggest area of concern to me so far. Size limitations are obvious but not necessarily a deal-breaker, particularly with the skills that Samuel brings to the table to see plays before other players and break faster.

His biggest issue might be that he doesn’t have the speed to close a gap on a receiver once it’s opened up and they are both running to a spot. If a receiver can generate separation at the break, Samuel isn’t closing it without help from the pass.

But there is no escaping the fact that at some point in the NFL, he will have to cover a physical freak like D.K. Metcalf and come up with a way of offsetting six inches in height, five inches in arm length, 50 pounds in weight and a tenth of a second in the 40-yard dash. That’s like fighting against gravity — it is just not a battle you’re going to win.

Tl/Dr too small 5'10 180 lbs.  Too slow to run with the big dogs.  Will be a slot corner.

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

A bold move.  Indeed.  

That's after Fields or Pitts at 4. My gut tells me, and granted it could be gas, but if Fields and Pitts are there at 4...we go Fields. 

Wilson is my guy, just not bold enough to even consider a trade up...but I would not be upset the slightest if something wacky like that happened. Just being honest, I would be doing cartwheels

I feel like this is where we could pick up a passrusher.  Patrick Jones, Bassham should both be in that range.  It just seems like there is a big drop off in those 1st/2nd tier players to 3rd and below at pass rusher.  I think we can potentially wait on Safety after we signed Harmon as the Safety class seems deep.  

Zaven Collins, Wyatt Davis, Humphrey, Moerig, Etienne, Harris, Williams, Grant, Phillips, and Newsome could all fall into the second round.  

Of those eleven prospects, 4-5 could actually be there.  They are all attractive enough to entice other teams to move up in a trade with us.  The draft is set up so that only the first round is drafted on day one.  Inevitably, there will be teams that feel a certain desperation after not quite getting their guy in the 1st.

I would prefer to draft Zaven Collins or Wyatt Davis, but I certainly would listen to offers.

11 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

You and me too. But I'm leaning to Williams because I don't think Harris will still be there with our pick 36,, But Williams will be.. But that's not a bad thing ,, I really like Javonte. 

I like both of them, but I also like Sermon two rounds later.  

15 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

Humphrey OC Oklahoma - may go 1st round, best OC in the draft followed by Dickerson - Alabama

Moehrig FS TCU - may go 1st round (maybe not now that the Ravens have traded...) best in the draft followed by Richie Grant - UCF

Samuel CB FSU - will most likely be there at 35, considered the 4th or 5th best DB in the draft, followed by either Melifonwu (syracuse) or Stokes (Georgia)

Williams RB UNC - 3rd RB on the board after Harris and Etienne....this guy is a bell cow.

Wow.. I was about to make a post.. on the two I want at 2.  I'm wanting your 1st and 4th picks Humphrey , or Williams ,  if we are set on getting a QB,, Trask.. but hope we pass on a QB and get a seasoned vet as a backup.