Is it even possible for the Falcons to win the super bowl in 2021 with a new coaching staff?

I can't think of any head coach that's won the super bowl their first season with a new team in recent NFL history. Especially a rookie head coach. 

If the Falcons nail the draft they will definitely be a super bowl contender on paper. Kyle Pitts would certainly make our offense a championship caliber offense on paper. A couple of good defensive picks and good coaching can make the defense good enough.

I would like to believe that every season the Falcons have a chance to win the super bowl. But for the first time since 2015 I just can't seem to get my hopes up because of the unlikelihood of a rookie coach and GM turning a 4-12 team into a super bowl team in one season. I DO think that the Falcons have the talent to win the super bowl in 2021 IF they nail the draft. But it usually takes until year 2 or 3 for a new coach to turn a team into a super bowl contender. Your thoughts?

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Anything is possible.

Except maybe that.  But it's probably still possible, I think.  Maybe.

You conjured up several Lennon/McCartney lyrics out of me with your funny indecisiveness :tiphat:

Always, no, sometimes think it's me
But you know I know when it's a dream
I think, er, no, I mean, er, yes
But it's all wrong
That is I think I disagree

It's getting better all the time

It can't get no worse

Falcons win Super Bowl in 2022. Anybody willing to place a bet on it?  Please send me your money. I will place the bet for ya. Cash only at this time. Or we can setup a Go Fund Me, FFLM.

Edited by high impact

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I can't think of any head coach that's won the super bowl their first season with a new team in recent NFL history. Especially a rookie head coach. 

Gary Kubiak did in his first season with the Broncos. But he was previously a successful head coach and the team had come off multiple deep playoff runs immediately before him under John Fox. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Forget the SB. Win as many games as possible, get in to the playoffs. Anything can happen and teams can get hot in the playoffs. If they are worried or dreaming about SB right now, it is not gonna help the team. Focus should be on winning as many games as possible. 

Try to win every game one game at a time and let the SB come to you if that is going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If the Falcons nail the draft they will definitely be a super bowl contender on paper. Kyle Pitts would certainly make our offense a championship caliber offense on paper. A couple of good defensive picks and good coaching can make the defense good enough.

I would like to believe that every season the Falcons have a chance to win the super bowl. But for the first time since 2015 I just can't seem to get my hopes up because of the unlikelihood of a rookie coach and GM turning a 4-12 team into a super bowl team in one season. I DO think that the Falcons have the talent to win the super bowl in 2021 IF they nail the draft. But it usually takes until year 2 or 3 for a new coach to turn a team into a super bowl contender. Your thoughts?

Keep in mind that this 4-12 team would have won quite a few more games if not for some really dumb coaching moves and mental errors (not jumping on the ball on the onside kick in the Dallas game, Gurley not going into the end zone just to name a couple). This 4-12 team could have been a playoff team last year IF not for those issues. This 4-12 team has/had the talent to be a playoff team last year, so why not this upcoming year?! I don't expect them to win the SB this upcoming year, even if they nail the draft, but it is possible.

9 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Try to win every game one game at a time and let the SB come to you if that is going to happen. 

Yeah. Teams bragging about SB in April don't usually do much in the season. I am glad TF and AS are focussed in putting a roster according to the vision. Not worried about missing pieces. 

37 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yeah. Teams bragging about SB in April don't usually do much in the season. I am glad TF and AS are focussed in putting a roster according to the vision. Not worried about missing pieces. 

Yeah, remember the "Dream Team" in Philly after they signed Nnamdi Asomugha?