Braves vs Diamondbacks

tl;dr

49 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The offense is the real issue. Smyly can be shifted to the bullpen when Soroka gets here. None of that matters if we can't hit. We have 4 regulars below .200. The 3 through 7 hole in this game are all below .200. You won't win many games with that. Add in that Ozuna is slugging .230, he isnt doing anything at all. Swanson has a higher OPS than Ozuna. 

Yep. Offense is the problem.

Today was the worst I've seen this team since the rebuilding days. They need to hold a meeting or do something. This team is just playing bad, uninspired baseball. I've got no defense for what we watched today.

21 minutes ago, Malachore said:

This team is a joke, the FO sat on last years success and made the team worse.

Thanks AA, thanks Liberty. So glad he decided to invest 11 mil into a guy worth half that and then do nothing with the money they didn't give to Yates or Rosenthal. 

Yates and Rosenthal are both hurt so they wouldn't have helped the team this year.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

It made no sense. We signed a SP and had several guys that looked promising at the end of last year. 

Instead of improving the bullpen, the bench of even looking at an upgrade to the lineup, and we went after a journeyman pitcher.

At least we didn’t sign Bumgarner to a big deal though. I say that knowing he’s going to look like Cy Young today 

****, sorry guys :((((

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Today was the worst I've seen this team since the rebuilding days. They need to hold a meeting or do something. This team is just playing bad, uninspired baseball. I've got no defense for what we watched today.

I wonder if they spent the whole offseason thinking of LA, and not the rest of the league they’d have to get through to get there. 

Just now, HotLantaFalcon said:

They're still mentally dead from last year. Had a 3-1 lead in the NLCS, should have gone to the WS but couldn't close out the deal because .. shocking! ... offense went south

Sounds familiar. It's tough being and Atl fan...lol I've been one far too long.

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yates and Rosenthal are both hurt so they wouldn't have helped the team this year.

I understand that, I'm talking about the money they never gave them but stuck in their pockets instead.