Braves vs Diamondbacks

tl;dr

Friday, April 23 @ 7:20 ET

Luke Weaver (1-1) vs. Huascar Ynoa (0-1)

Saturday, April 24 @ 7:20 ET

Madison Bumgarner (1-2) vs. Drew Smyly (0-0)

Sunday, April 25 @ 12:20 ET

Zach Gallen (0-0) vs. Bryse Wilson (1-0)

As always, let me know what matchups I need to change. I saw 3 different starters listed in 3 different places for Sunday, but I believe it’s Wilson...?

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Friday, April 23 @ 7:20 ET

Luke Weaver (1-1) vs. Huascar Ynoa (0-1)

Saturday, April 24 @ 7:20 ET

Madison Bumgarner (1-2) vs. Drew Smyly (0-0)

Sunday, April 25 @ 12:20 ET

Zach Gallen (0-0) vs. TBD

As always, let me know what matchups I need to change. I saw 3 different starters listed in 3 different places for Sunday, but I believe it’s Wilson...?

It is Wilson on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Despite all the issues the Braves are still just 1.5 games out of 1st. Too early for standings but its put things in perspective. 

I was looking at that yesterday.

It is way too early for the doom and gloom that gets thrown around out here.

There are legit concerns but every team in baseball has those right now...save maybe the dodgers.

20 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

There are legit concerns but every team in baseball has those right now...save maybe the dodgers.

No one is worrying about any part of the Dodgers. Theyre going to be doing NBA load management over 100 games 

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I think we just want to start seeing some kind of consistency with some part of the team. Every area of the team has been very inconsistent through the first 18 games. Braves go out and get smoked 13-4 one game and then turn around and win the next game 13-4 and then turn around and lose the next game 3-1 because they can't score. Even last night. They only had 4 hits in the whole game. Bullpen is lights out one game and turns around and walks the park and loses a game the next. There's just no consistency. Hopefully Morton and Anderson is the start of the starting rotation going on a good streak. Braves really need it.

It's frustrating to see a team like Oakland start out 1-7 and then respond by winning 11 straight games. The Red Sox got swept by the Orioles at home to start their season and then reeled off 9 straight wins. I don't apologize for wanting to see the Braves reel off a winning streak.

Dbacks pitching has been slightly worse than the Braves. They come in with a team ERA of 4.83. Oddly enough both teams are batting .228 with 26 HRs. Both teams have pretty similar numbers across the board. Braves should take of care of business but we'll see. Bumgarner is a shell of what he use to be. Hes been terrible in Arizona including this year. 

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Only thing I don't like about the lineup is keeping Dansby so high. Heredia and Riley are doing so much better than Dansby right now. Dansby should be below them in the lineup.

I understand that  but I am of the mindset of moving a guy down in the order infront of hot hitters.....he is going to see better pitches infront of those guys than he would at 8.

Now what he does with those pitches is a different story.

56 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I understand that  but I am of the mindset of moving a guy down in the order infront of hot hitters.....he is going to see better pitches infront of those guys than he would at 8.

Now what he does with those pitches is a different story.

But that's not the case right now. Dansby is getting nothing hard. Everything is soft, softer, softest and he can't hit it right now. That's why he's striking out 32% of the time he steps to the plate and only has 12 hits total this year, 3 of which came in 1 game. Dansby is a totally rally killer right now. He needs to be moved down in the order until he gets his act together. He needs to get a page out of Riley's approach.