Artys Arryn Mock Draft

It's that time of year again. We are almost one week out from the draft and I'm as excited as anyone for next week. I've ran a bunch of mock drafts on TDN and PFF but wanted to wait until I had a good feel for each pick. 

4th. Kyle Pitts - TE - Florida

The pick that needs the least amount of explanation. Arguably the best player in the draft. Commonly called a unicorn. Kyle Pitts is, to use the cliche, a generational talent. No dropped passes last year. Only 4 catches that didn't result in a 1st down or touchdown. 

35th - Creed Humphrey - OG - Oklahoma

3 year starter at Oklahoma. The size and power to excel at man blocking. The athleticism to excel at zone blocking. The versatility to flex along the interior. There isn't much more you can ask for in an OL. 

68th - Richie Grant - Safety - UCF

A playmaker on the backend. 3 year starter. Grant is versatile enough to play both Free and Strong safety positions. Plays the run and pass equally well. Never takes a play off. 

108th - Dylan Moses - LB - Alabama

Dylan saw his stock drop considerably in the 2020 season due to coming back a little slow from injury. My expectation is that he will bounce back to 2019 form and continue to develop into an impact player at the next level. Fantastic instincts. Worst case is he becomes a high end back up imo. 

148th - Javian Hawkins - RB - Louisville

I've been on the Hawkins hype train for a while. True home run speed. Elite vision. Great contact balance. Not a feature back but will give you a lot of bang for your buck on a per snap basis. Good hands despite limited targets in college. Had no drops. Play. Maker. Also happens to be Chris Simms #3 RB in the class.

182nd - Jonathan Cooper - Edge - Ohio State

Struggled to get playing time on a stacked Ohio State dline. Flashed during limited snaps. Developmental pass rusher with upside.

183rd - Tarron Jackson - Edge - Coastal Carolina

Dominant against lesser competition. A double dip on developmental pass rushers. 18 sacks over the past 2 seasons. 

187th - Feleipe Franks - QB - Arkansas 

Developmental QB. Was injured at Florida and transfered to Arkansas after Trask locked down the job. Great size and Strong arm. Limited mobility. Needs to get better with anticipation and accuracy. 

219th - Cade Johnson - WR - SDSU

Big time playmaker from a small school. Underwhelming athletic testing and competition drop him but the skillset is evident from the tape. Starting punt returner on day 1. 

Edited by Artys Arryn

16 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

It's that time of year again. We are almost one week out from the draft and I'm as excited as anyone for next week. I've ran a bunch of mock drafts on TDN and PFF but wanted to wait until I had a good feel for each pick. 

4th. Kyle Pitts - TE - Florida

The pick that needs the least amount of explanation. Arguably the best player in the draft. Commonly called a unicorn. Kyle Pitts is, to use the cliche, a generational talent. No dropped passes last year. Only 4 catches that didn't result in a 1st down or touchdown. 

35th - Creed Humphrey - OG - Oklahoma

3 year starter at Oklahoma. The size and power to excel at man blocking. The athleticism to excel at zone blocking. The versatility to flex along the interior. There isn't much more you can ask for in an OL. 

68th - Richie Grant - Safety - UCF

A playmaker on the backend. 3 year starter. Grant is versatile enough to play both Free and Strong safety positions. Plays the run and pass equally well. Never takes a play off. 

108th - Dylan Moses - LB - Alabama

Dylan saw his stock drop considerably in the 2020 season due to coming back a little slow from injury. My expectation is that he will bounce back to 2019 form and continue to develop into an impact player at the next level. Fantastic instincts. Worst case is he becomes a high end back up imo. 

148th - Javian Hawkins - RB - Louisville

I've been on the Hawkins hype train for a while. True home run speed. Elite vision. Great contact balance. Not a feature back but will give you a lot of bang for your buck on a per snap basis. Good hands despite limited targets in college. Had no drops. Play. Maker. Also happens to be Chris Simms #3 RB in the class.

182nd - Jonathan Cooper - Edge - Ohio State

Struggled to get playing time on a stacked Ohio State drive. Flashed during limited snaps. Developmental pass rusher with upside.

183rd - Tarron Jackson - Edge - Coastal Carolina

Dominant against lesser competition. A double dip on developmental pass rushers. 18 sacks over the past 2 seasons. 

187th - Feleipe Franks - QB - Arkansas 

Developmental QB. Was injured at Florida and transfered to Arkansas after Trask locked down the job. Great size and Strong arm. Limited mobility. Needs to get better with anticipation and accuracy. 

219th - Cade Johnson - WR - SDSU

Big time playmaker from a small scout. Underwhelming athletic testing and competition drop him but the skillset is evident from the tape. Starting punt returner on day 1. 

Well done. Haven't researched Franks to know if I like him there but those first 5 Rds are money otherwise 

8 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Thanks. I realize there isn't a big shocking pick here. Just trying for BPA at each pick without projecting trades. 

The 1st 3 picks were enough for me. Although some of the others was good as well. Pitts in our offense smh just need an solid oline and look out. 

13 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Well done. Haven't researched Franks to know if I like him there but those first 5 Rds are money otherwise 

I actually really liked him at Florida prior to the injury. He also had a really solid season at Arkansas. He's a player with all the right tools and just needs some time to develop. 

12 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

The 1st 3 picks were enough for me. Although some of the others was good as well. Pitts in our offense smh just need an solid oline and look out. 

Agreed. If we are going all in for one more run with Ryan and taking Pitts, we have to shore up the oline. Creed has pro bowl potential. 

12 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

I would be very happy with this draft.  I really hope it goes about like this!

Thanks man!

3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

My favorite mock. Only gripe is we have to take a wr in this draft. There is talent in every round.

Check out Cade a little more. In 2018 he had 67 catches and averaged 20 yards per catch with 17TDs. He had another great year in 2019 with 72 catches for 17 yards per catch. He didn't find the endzone as frequently but the guy can play. 

10 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I actually really liked him at Florida prior to the injury. He also had a really solid season at Arkansas. He's a player with all the right tools and just needs some time to develop. 

Agreed. If we are going all in for one more run with Ryan and taking Pitts, we have to shore up the oline. Creed has pro bowl potential. 

Thanks man!

Maybe so. I honestly don't know. I know he's got the size and arm. Ill look more into him, as the next week will drag on.. Humphrey and Dickerson intrigue the **** outta me in the 2nd

Just now, Foo Falcons said:

Maybe so. I honestly don't know. I know he's got the size and arm. Ill look more into him, as the next week will drag on.. Humphrey and Dickerson intrigue the **** outta me in the 2nd

Dickerson may be a bit better of a prospect than Humphrey but the gap isn't wide enough for me to feel good about the injury history. That said, if our medical team feels good about it, I'm down. Personally though, I prefer the safer and still incredibly talented option. 

26 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I'd prefer a CB over Mosley but overall I would be happy with this.

Over Moses? 

I can see it, though I think it might be harder to find a CB with as much upside as Moses has at LB.

Trill Williams maybe? 

3 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Over Moses? 

I can see it, though I think it might be harder to find a CB with as much upside as Moses has at LB.

Trill Williams maybe? 

Ha yeah. Mixing up Alabama LB names. Moses

Moses would be good value in the 4th though so I wouldn't be mad at all.  I just think our team could use a CB that gives us #2 upside more if theirs one there of equal value. I like Trill Williams, he would certainly be a candidate.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

30 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Best pick by far in your mock is DE Taron Jackson. He will be the best DE in the draft  For where he will be picked.. He's ranked to go in the 4th  or 5th round.. I'd love for us to get him in the middle of the Draft..  Steel of the draft IMO. 

But the worst pick is the WR,, that we don't need  to draft a WR.

If my worst pick comes in the 7th, I'm cool with that. Though I do think Cade is great value there and would be our starting punt returner day 1.

25 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Excellent mock! I expect I'll have a few of the same guys on my final (barring a trade) coming soon.

Thanks man!

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

love all of it except Felipe Franks - just forfeit the pick if you take Franks - he sucks.

Lol I think you are being a little hard on Franks. Physical tools are all there, just needs to improve. No reason he can't become a serviceable backup. 

2 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Lol I think you are being a little hard on Franks. Physical tools are all there, just needs to improve. No reason he can't become a serviceable backup. 

I honestly don't have a clue why anyone knocks any mid-late round QB body anybody has a on a mock. Franks is as good as any, because NONE of those JAGs is every going to be a starter here, and if one of them is, our season is already over, so who cares? 

They might as well send a mule out there to play QB.

I did the same thing in my first mock and had a really good WR with my 7th pick.. But as I thought about it.  We need other positions a lot more than a WR. ,, But let me say this,, if we trade down a time or two.. Then I'd be all for a late great deal in a WR. Trevon Crimes from Fla. 6-4, 217 who was at the time I made that Mock ranked at 223 best player in the draft..   Hey.. it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we got this guy.. But I sure wouldn't want to draft a WR early.. But like you.. I'd love what might be the best WR in the draft for the pick.. 

BTW, I don't know why I'm so hooked on so many players from Fla.. I'd love to have this Crimes, Trask , and Pitts.. WE could be called the Atlanta Gators ... :golfclap:

35 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

LOOOOOOVE IT.  I hope Richie last that long, but the biggest part of the draft for me was Tarron Jackson.  I have been big on him since last year.

I didn't get turned onto Tarron until this season when I was looking more into Coastal Carolina. But I really like his game. I think the level of competition will result in a slow start but I see him being a heavy rotational piece by next season at least.