49ers met with Trey Lance's parents

The "fields is a lock at 3" thing didn't come from anyone who would have knowledge of what the 49ers are doing. It was someone whose only contacts are within OSU, and no one with the 49ers would be stupid enough to tell the OSU coaches their plans. Most likely, they just showed a lot of interest in fields and that OSU insider misinterpreted (assuming they weren't just lying to get clicks)

I am standing by my initial prediction of Lance with higher odds followed by Jones as Niners picks. Fields to Niners didn’t make much sense. It’s funny every one says Lance is perfect for AS. AS offense is 95% KS offense and KS will have first shot at Lance before Falcons or anyone. 

1 hour ago, CMarinoNFL said:

IDK, this seems important. Ive heard Fields at 3 is a lock so this throws a bit of a wrench into things

I wonder if they met with any other QB's parents?  That does seem kind of important if his parents are the only ones they've met...

The insiders like Kiper and Jeremiah are saying it’s either Lance or Jones at 3 for the 9ers

They basically put it at 0% that the 9ers take Fields

We will be able to choose at least one of Fields or Lance at our pick if we so desire