Coaches and Scouts thoughts on Kyle pitts

https://theathletic.com/2532416/2021/04/21/nfl-draft-confidential-zach-wilson-to-the-jets-in-that-market-with-that-play-style-woof/

Is Kyle Pitts the biggest no-brainer in the draft?

QB Coach No. 1: Pitts is a unicorn. It’s rare to get a guy that freaky that size that didn’t flip to defensive end. It’s easier to rush the quarterback than play tight end. He’s (Raiders tight end) Darren Waller but a little more natural. He’s got great hand-eye coordination; great length. He didn’t have a drop last year. Only four of his catches didn’t go for a touchdown or first down. What I really love is he didn’t have to play last year and he still would be a top-10 pick, and that they’re down 20 vs Bama, and he’s playing his *** off, trying to get them back into it, and he does. That stuff spoke a lot.

QB Coach No. 2: Aw, man, he is special. He has good character; he’s a tough kid. Everything he did at pro day, it was like, ‘Good God!’ That guy changes the game for your offense with how people have to play you. …This guy is more athletic and faster than (Travis) Kelce. This guy comes into the league and he’s gonna be way better than anybody else.

WR Coach No. 3: He’s ridiculous, man. Holy crap. To be that big and that fast and that skilled — wow.

https://theathletic.com/2530958/2021/04/21/ranking-top-wide-receivers-tight-ends-in-2021-nfl-draft-bob-mcginns-draft-grades-are-in/

1. Kyle Pitts, Florida (6-foot-5½, 245, 4.43, Round 1): Backed up in 2018, catching three passes in 11 games. Had a strong sophomore season and a 12-touchdown junior year in eight games.

“I don’t need to see the workout — this is the best player in the draft,” said one 20-year scouting veteran. “He’s the most gifted tight end I’ve scouted. (Travis) Kelce and others have developed into really good players, but just as far as coming out, you have to back to Vernon Davis (in 2006). He was more of a big, fast, straight-line guy. Stiff. Or Kellen Winslow II. This guy is much more talented than those guys.

“Playmaker, catches the ball over people and he’ll give effort as a blocker. You don’t want him doing that, but he tries to get on people. He’ll fight you.”

Another scout said Pitts was the best blocking tight end in the draft.

“In ’19, he blocked like crap,” a third scout said. “This year, he defied all the odds, gained some weight and blocked his *** off. Low-maintenance, loves football. I think he had zero drops this year. More fluid than Vernon Davis.”

The Philadelphia native finished with 100 receptions for 1,492 yards (14.9 average) and 19 touchdowns.

“He’s a very talented guy, but it’s not like we’ve never seen this guy before,” said a fourth scout. “Greg Olsen ran 4.44 at 6-foot-5, 250-plus and he’ll be a Hall of Famer. Jimmy Graham. We’ve seen that blend of freakish athlete at tight end. A lot of them have been outside the first round. Look at George Kittle. ‘Gronk’ (Rob Gronkowski). Kelce. (Darren) Waller. (Zach) Ertz. Even Jared Cook, Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas had nice Pro Bowl-level stretches and mismatch speed/athleticism as Day 3 picks.”

Man its just hard to pass on Pitts. If this draft had a Chase Young we are having a discussion but man Kyle Pitts is clearly the pure prospect in my eyes. The guy is just so different from the long frame, to the speed, to how fluid he is for a 6'6 guy... The dude is just a difference maker... To me you are drafting a guy who could be Matt's and the next QB impact receiving threat.

I was a huge Vernon Davis fan and im seeing a guy who is bigger and more fluid.. He is not the blocker Davis was but i think he is a willing blocker that will get better...

6 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

I agree 100% jbo. I’m not going to lie I’m going to be mildly upset if we do anything other than take pitts. The picks from trading down are great but they’re not sure fire.... look at Cleveland in 2011 when they traded us for Julio.

i get it.. The picks would need to be an unreal offer...

The one thing i hate is when ppl say draft kyle pitts for now or a QB for the next 15 years.......The **** is kyle Pitts future ? ... Dude is 20 years old... He is going to be a problem for this league (as long as he stays healthy) ... Pitts will make whatever young QB that comes in after Matts job way easier with Rid.

listen if they love a QB cool... ima ride with the new regime but this kyle pitts situation seem perfect.

You are going to pay Rid in a year or 2... You cant afford to pay Rid and Julio in 3 years...... You have Pitts coming in.... The production Pitts can be producing when he is asked to be the 1 or 2.... You are paying him TE money to get reciever production if he becomes what we think he can become.

37 minutes ago, atljbo said:

https://theathletic.com/2532416/2021/04/21/nfl-draft-confidential-zach-wilson-to-the-jets-in-that-market-with-that-play-style-woof/

Is Kyle Pitts the biggest no-brainer in the draft?

QB Coach No. 1: Pitts is a unicorn. It’s rare to get a guy that freaky that size that didn’t flip to defensive end. It’s easier to rush the quarterback than play tight end. He’s (Raiders tight end) Darren Waller but a little more natural. He’s got great hand-eye coordination; great length. He didn’t have a drop last year. Only four of his catches didn’t go for a touchdown or first down. What I really love is he didn’t have to play last year and he still would be a top-10 pick, and that they’re down 20 vs Bama, and he’s playing his *** off, trying to get them back into it, and he does. That stuff spoke a lot.

FB_IMG_1618696340584.jpg.3609e63d9b689ad492e53714b81c2639.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I get that he will be a match up nightmare for defenses. But we can't block and kc proved you can have all the offense, but without time it don't mean nun

3 of their offensive linemen were hurt and they played in the super bowl. Why are we acting like their season was a failure.

43 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Another scout said Pitts was the best blocking tight end in the draft.

“In ’19, he blocked like crap,” a third scout said. “This year, he defied all the odds, gained some weight and blocked his *** off.

Impossible. I was told on here he is a glorified WR and cannot block. 

If we stay at four, it's got to be Pitts. One of the biggest knocks on Calvin Ridley when he was drafted was he would turn 24 his rookie season; so I love that Pitts is so young and can elevate his game with even more playing experience. Throw in our seasoned vets at WR/TE to show him the ropes and an ex TE coach leading the charge and he couldn't dream of a better team to get drafted by.

And I know the expectations are going to be extremely high for a TE drafted so highly, but we still have Hurst/Graham/Lee so it's not like he needs to come in and be the savior right away. Hopefully this lets him focus on his craft and not the outside noise.

10 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I get that he will be a match up nightmare for defenses. But we can't block and kc proved you can have all the offense, but without time it don't mean nun

That's why there are 7 other rounds in the draft, and one that's deep in the OL position.

A potential HOF-type playmaker according to most experts or OL, you go playmaker and grab your OG/OC prospect when one presents himself as BPA.

Or you dip back into the free agent well where you fill needs.

And yet we have some thick headed Einsteins here who have done their very best to sell us on just how stupid it would be to select a TE in the top 10... derp derp derp...

I would absolutely not be surprised to see him go before our pick at #4.  Kyle Pitts would make anyone's draft a success.  End of story.  And the clownshow nutcases who have been trying their best to EDUCATE us otherwise need help that is not available to them on TATF.  giggle...

15 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I hate to say it, but... but...

You're mentally ill... :ninja:

:lol: It's so hard for me to understand how some just cannot see it.  just look at the man & study him & if you're still unable to see it, then please choose other entertainment venues... painting, gardening, travel, cars, etc all come to mind... giggle again...

23 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Falcons OL last year was much better and it’s the receivers who couldn’t get open. It’s for OL to hold up for 3.5-4 seconds. Add in the no creativity in play calling they did a good job.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons OL last year was much better and it’s the receivers who couldn’t get open. It’s for OL to hold up for 3.5-4 seconds. Add in the no creativity in play calling they did a good job.

Not to mention that thread showing how skilled AS is at delivering the ball quickly at a very good %.  It helped Tannehill out & will fix the slow developing nonsense that DK had for handcuffing Ryan & our Oline.

26 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Yeah a Super Bowl appearance after winning one proves that. 

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

3 of their offensive linemen were hurt and they played in the super bowl. Why are we acting like their season was a failure.

19 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Not to mention TB's defense was playing lights out that game too but yeah, those OL injuries really burned them.

16 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

That's why there are 7 other rounds in the draft, and one that's deep in the OL position.

A potential HOF-type playmaker according to most experts or OL, you go playmaker and grab your OG/OC prospect when one presents himself as BPA.

Or you dip back into the free agent well where you fill needs.

10 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I hate to say it, but... but...

You're mentally ill... :ninja:

:lol: It's so hard for me to understand how some just cannot see it.  just look at the man & study him & if you're still unable to see it, then please choose other entertainment venues... painting, gardening, travel, cars, etc all come to mind... giggle again...

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

.... And I'll say it again. With the quality of lineman we have, we are not finna become some world beaters on offense just because AS is the coach. For that you actually need to invest in the line. We added mack and things changed temporarily for the better. Regardless of wr options Matt was getting the ball to whoever. 

This board complains endlessly about our line, our defense, yet it's let's draft more pass catchers to spend the money on lol. Yall funny..