Dear Arthur,Arthur and Terry......

Please bring to our franchise a building block  for our future.Not a gimmick splash of a tight end, or a giant OT,of which there are many available round 2,3,4,not  trading back for a grab bag of no names.Please have the courage to bring home one of the  5 National acclaimed QBs.Which ever one you deem is the best for our Falcons in the long run.Matt Ryan,as great as he's been,is getting older.His productivity WILL fall off., maybe not this year,but it is inevitable.Bring one in of these young stud QBs while we have the opportunity to build at THE most important posistion.It's all set up for you,for US

I would absolutely love to take the 4th best QB in the draft in as many picks. The Falcons need a backup too so go ahead and double down and take another QB in the 2nd round. In the 3rd round they can select the practice squad QB in case Matt and QB2 get hurt. Load up on QB's because there won't be any after this draft and Arthur Smith has proven he needs elite talent at the position to succeed. Probably should trade a pick for an established vet QB as well. Then sign every undrafted player you can to play QB. That guy is a kicker you say? So what. Give him a chance to throw. 

Just now, hjerry said:

So basically take a QB because they are a QB

Exactly the opposite of how we should approach this 

Thank you.  If we really intended to take one of the (IMHO) two blue chip QBs in Lawrence or Fields, we should have traded up to three.  I don't see them selecting Lance or Jones at four, could be way wrong, but it feels like settling.  

I don't buy that they knew Lance is the guy at four.  Literally a month ago he was rated outside the top ten.  Now, we are going QB 1,2,3,4.  Something isn't adding up.

12 minutes ago, AustFalcon said:

Smart move putting their names in the title to make sure when they are looking through here for draft advice they will see it.

It's like a beacon, moths to a flame.  

TF: "**** Arthur, I'm stumped.  Who should we pick?"

AS: "I don't know boss *shrugs*"

TF: "I 've got it, let's trawl TATF for heady, subjective draft advice that is bereft of insight or real analysis.  Passionate though!!"

I wouldve taken wilson in a heartbeat, but hes undoubtedly going to the jets.  Ryan is still playing at a high level, i say lets stick with him and build around him. This team isnt far off from going to the superbowl talent wise. And matt has shown hes capable of playing at an elite level. 

32 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This board is going to be pure comedy come thursday night and the days to follow. No matter who we draft people are going to rage.

It's going to be a thing of beauty. I hope the IT guys (maybe it's just one guy) are backing up the server, cuz it's gonna crash. I already know it.

1 hour ago, Sipifalcon said:

Smh can't wait til next Thurs! Would finally be over!

It'll never be over. We're on this toxic cycle until doomsday my friend! Because no matter what we do the revionists will spend a lifetime about how we should have done something different. 

Picture it: Draft Pitts. Every drop he might have will turn into a huge thread about Lance.

Draft any QB and put them behind Ryan every mistake Ryan makes will turn into a thread about benching him for rook.

Trade back every week will be about whoever was drafted at 4 is doing better than our pick.

Welcome to reality now...the new normal. 

Soylent Green Is People! | Flight Rising Discussion | Flight Rising

• Rings locked this topic