Bryce Love anyone?

Romfal

He was a player I was really interested in coming out of college & at the time, I was hoping we’d be able to get him with a late round pick or even as a UDFA. He spent two years as Christian McCaffrey’s backup at Stanford & then when he became the starter in 2017, he was absolutely phenomenal. He rushed for over 2k yards, was awarded the Doak Walker trophy & was the Heisman runner up. Then in his last game as Stanford in 2018, he had a gnarly ACL tear. I thought in the 2019 draft he might be worth taking a chance on, but sadly it seems like he’s never been able to get right after that injury.

51 minutes ago, k-train said:

Yep. He looked like the real deal at that point.

He def had a ton of talent in college. Hate that he got injured. If he's regained some health the past couple of years he might not be a bad 3rd body behind Mike Davis and whatever rook we end up drafting. 

53 minutes ago, BDS said:

He def had a ton of talent in college. Hate that he got injured. If he's regained some health the past couple of years he might not be a bad 3rd body behind Mike Davis and whatever rook we end up drafting. 

I agree that we are likely drafting a rookie RB... be shocked if we don't. That'll mean we will already have the following listed as RBs on the roster:

Mike Davis
Rookie RB
Cordarrelle Patterson
Qadree Ollison
Tony Brooks-James

Just don't see any room for someone like Bryce Love unless they decide they want to cut Ollison or Brooks-James.