Salute to Alex Smith. His career started and ended crazy. From being picked over Rodgers by Rodgers' home team, to the injury, the comeback, and now this.

I still remember thinking it was pretty much a toss-up between him and Rodgers but felt San Fran should just go with the local dude (that was my only deciding factor lol).

10 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I think he was always underappreciated as a QB. But he made plenty of bank, he has his health, and  now he can work on the golf game. Best wishes!

He was. The only thing negative people could truly say about him is that he wasn't going to throw the ball 50+ yards consistently. He was accurate. That matters so much more

18 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

Can you feel the love tonight.  Alex Smith, you will always be welcome in Atlanta

Aaaaah The "Kill the head, and the body will die" game. Reminds me of the movie "Surviving the game " with Ice-T. They went in thinking they were the hunters and ended up being the hunted. This game was legendary. 

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr
1 hour ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I have long believed Alex Smith's talent was wasted almost at the level of Hershel Walker.  I think these are 2 players who could have had much more success had they been in the right systems.

Smith was in the right system in Kansas City, I feel he was pretty maximized there. 

To me him and Chad Pennington are the ultimate game managers that you could always rely on to give you some quality games.  Would never wow you or carry you to a SB but was good enough you could probably build a complete team around him to win it.   Same as Chad the injuries got to him but they both could be proud of what they did for as long as they did.