Mile High Huddle (SI) - Broncos have reached out to Falcons about #4

30 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Funny, Denver and New England are both at Trey Lance's pro day today...and so are the Falcons. If they want him, they have to come get him. Because he isn't falling to them.

it makes sense for both of those teams. Both have great defenses and running game. NE has added the two TEs as well. 

I almost see us trading down twice. Maybe to Denver initially, and then maybe NE coming up if one of the QBs slip.

I think Chicago is a wild card. They may offer a TON. Nagy and that GM need a young QB and face of the franchise badly. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I don't think Fontenot moves off the #4 pick without a deal that blows him away.   As he should.

May the highest offer win!!!!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

it makes sense for both of those teams. Both have great defenses and running game. NE has added the two TEs as well. 

I almost see us trading down twice. Maybe to Denver initially, and then maybe NE coming up if one of the QBs slip.

I think Chicago is a wild card. They may offer a TON. Nagy and that GM need a young QB and face of the franchise badly. 

It just depends on if they call Atlanta on a bluff and trade with someone lower, but who really wants to move down? ;)Takes 2 to tango.:golfclap:

5 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

no doubt. But both of those teams are vet teams and have a window and have QB issues.

It could very well be a multi-team trade where Atlanta gets capital from two teams. As long as it’s a haul, let’s go.

worst case is the “consolation prize” of staying at 4 isn’t terrible because it’s a blue chip player that creates matchup advantages for years; hopefully. :tiphat:

14 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I can't see us trading away 3 picks in 2021 for 2 although we get next year's 1st (which equates to a 2nd because it's a future pick). 

TF is about to school this new GM on the cost of doing business. We're building to win now while also securing the future. I could see Dallas offering at least this to move up for Pitts. We're not giving up a 4th and 5th plus dropping 5 spots for a future mid to late round 1st. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Might be worse than trading up to 1 🤣🤣

And if he's speculating on the cost, then he isn't even the one that talked to us. Elway is still running the show there.

In regards to Chicago, they can't afford to move up to 4. Nagy was on the hot seat last year. He'll be in an ejection seat in 2021. He's not moving up for a rookie that isn't going to help him win now. If he does, he's clueless as to his predicament. 

If anyone makes the crazy move to come to 4 I would say WFT. 

But I can't see us moving outside of about 15-18 in the first round.

I'd rather just take Pitts or Sewell than agree to that mess.

14 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Honestly, I don't think Fontenot moves off the #4 pick without a deal that blows him away.

As he should.

To miss a chance at Pitts or Sewell, the Falcons should insist on a trade that includes #9, 2022 1st rounder, and an established player to fill a need:  Chubb or Simmons.  

I am aware that Denver just extended Simmons, but they will need to take the cap hit to get their franchise QB.  

13 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Does Cin want Sewell, Chase, or Pitts

13 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I think CIN will go chase, Miami seems to like Waddle or Sewell. 

13 hours ago, Spongebob said:

My gut says Sewell

If they stay where they are, I'm guessing Chase and Pitts go 5 and 6.

48 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It could very well be a multi-team trade where Atlanta gets capital from two teams. As long as it’s a haul, let’s go.

worst case is the “consolation prize” of staying at 4 isn’t terrible because it’s a blue chip player that creates matchup advantages for years; hopefully. :tiphat:

i agree on all accounts.

We end up with Pitts i’m not crying. He’s blue chip.

But moving up and down also makes a lot of sense

I would say that compensation of a few picks this year is fair but a man can always dream about future draft capital also for some reason GMs tend to play with future draft picks as if they aren't real so extort for all we can.

Edited by #84
14 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Dolphins are apparently pretty high on D Smith and Parsons. 

Of course they are. He's their choice after Chase and Pitts. That's why they moved back up to 6. 😁😁

They were guaranteed to get one of the 3 by landing at 6. Tua needs weapons.