Mile High Huddle (SI) - Broncos have reached out to Falcons about #4

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I don't think Fontenot moves off the #4 pick without a deal that blows him away.   As he should.

May the highest offer win!!!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Funny considering the other post here but I’d consider this a legit source: 

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/.amp/news/broncos-falcons-draft-trade-trey-lance-justin-fields-rumors

According to Paige, new Broncos general manager George Paton holds "Mile High regard" for two quarterbacks in particular: Ohio State's Justin Fields and North Dakota State's Trey Lance, both of whom he's watched up close and personal this offseason. Paton, per Paige, slightly prefers Fields and "could do the [trade] deal if he’s willing to pay the price."”

Getter done !!! I sure hope this goes down... I think Fields is way better  than Lance ,, that may change in a few years. But Lance is not even close to being as ready as Fields is right now. This is great news.. hope it's legit !!

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

Getter done !!! I sure hope this goes down... I think Fields is way better  than Lance ,, that may change in a few years. But Lance is not even close to being as ready as Fields is right now. This is great news.. hope it's legit !!

Look at the trade mentioned and you'll change your mind.

55 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Detroit's 2022 1st would be ideal. I'd trade down to 7 for just that with no additional picks. They'll be one of the worst teams in the league imo.

I think they know that and will not be trading away their 1st haha

2 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/.amp/news/broncos-falcons-draft-trade-trey-lance-justin-fields-rumors

According to Paige, new Broncos general manager George Paton holds "Mile High regard" for two quarterbacks in particular: Ohio State's Justin Fields and North Dakota State's Trey Lance, both of whom he's watched up close and personal this offseason. Paton, per Paige, slightly prefers Fields and "could do the [trade] deal if he’s willing to pay the price."”

The Woody Paige article that this fan blogger cites is the same article that prompted three credentialed Broncos reporters to take to Twitter to refute the idea that Denver had called us.  Also, as mentioned by others on this thread, the compensation laid out by Paige does not make any sense for Atlanta (we'd have fewer picks in 2021 after this trade down).

I don't know whether Paige's source is bad, or if the other three reporters have inaccurate info, but my guess is the answer probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Perhaps the Broncos called ATL and floated the offer that Paige laid out, but ATL said no without closing the door that they would move for a more compelling offer.

Either way, the other post on this forum accounts for Paige's story, so this isn't new information.

Edited by Al Bruce

How is trading the highest pick and most draft picks this year in a trade even considered? We'd be giving more than we get this year one top of giving them a chance to pick their franchise signal caller. That's ridiculous. This a pay to play draft slot. If you want a chance to pick your future QB, you've gotta be willing to pony up what it takes. Can't imagine TF would be willing to take a deal remotely close to this for his first draft with the team. 

13 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I'd like that if they are offering enough - moving to 9 is not terrible.

14 hours ago, Red-E said:

That compensation is trash though. No way in the world I would miss out on the quarterback or Pitts for that little bit of compensation.

"Paige Speculates" what the price would be. Of course he does, no one will blink until the time comes, and if the Broncos want their franchise QB then they'll have to pay as Atlanta owns the keys to the store.  If the Falcons feel the haul they are offered is not enough someone could surely offer more and the Broncos don't want to miss out on who they think "their guy" is, sitting there for them at #4.

We are in a great spot no matter what we choose to do. 

I would look at this year's 1,2 and 3 plus a 1st and 4th next season.  QBs cost extra Elway.  

If we can pull it off Surtain and then pray Moehrig drops into round 2.  Then pick between Rousseau and Grant at their second pick.  Rebuild the defense.

I love the idea of Terrell/Surtain/Sheffield/Moehrig/Grant growing into a unit together under Peas, and the vets they brought in this offseason.  Great secondaries aren't just individual talents they are units that play off of one another

13 minutes ago, #84 said:

I would look at this year's 1,2 and 3 plus a 1st and 4th next season.  QBs cost extra Elway.  

If we can pull it off Surtain and then pray Moehrig drops into round 2.  Then pick between Rousseau and Grant at their second pick.  Rebuild the defense.

I love the idea of Terrell/Surtain/Sheffield/Moehrig/Grant growing into a unit together under Peas, and the vets they brought in this offseason.  Great secondaries aren't just individual talents they are units that play off of one another

The trade that guy mentioned is pretty much a complete guess I believe.

I'd probably swap 1's, and take a 2nd and 3rd this year.