The 4th Pick, Just my opinion. Be gentle please.....

I have been thinking a lot about the Falcons having the "4th" pick in the draft. I'm hoping they pick Kyle Pitts honestly. 

It's expected the 1st 3 picks will go QB, but then again they may not, but sounds like that is the direction those 1st 3 teams in the draft will go. 

So, my thinking on the "4th Pick" the Falcons currently hold, LOL I sound like DR EVIL with those quotes, sorry. 

I think because it has been said that Terry Fontenot said when it comes to drafting that you draft the best player available regardless of need, I think they should draft Kyle Pitts if he is there at 4. 

Several reasons. But one of the 1st is, if you think about it, you might could trade that pick and move back for "4" picks and draft all LB's, all of which would not be able to cover the person you had a chance to pick in the first place. 

You do not progress by settling for less, you just create what has been known as "The Falcons Mess". 

I think Kyle Pitts should be the pick if available, if not, then best player available regardless of need. No need to rebuild the whole team now, Matt Ryan is here through 2023, those who don't like it, that is just how it is, but personally I think Matt's a great QB and can get the job done. 

Terry Fontenot has been filling the needs for the Falcons with these 1 year contracts with capable VETERAN players slowly through free agency, I like that. Rookies are a Work In Progress, unless they are very special like Kyle Pitts. 

Okay, there, I have voiced my opinion on the draft and put it on record, and by saying on record I mean like a signature, not like that spinning disc that some might think of that used to actually play  music! LOL!

Anyway, I hope I am right. We shall see.... It's a win now situation IMO, not rebuild and hope for the best years from now. JMO. 

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Spongebob said:

Thanks for posting, were all allowed opinions haha and youl probably have at least 50% of the board who agrees with you

The first task of communication is being polite. That being said if the Falcons don't draft Kyle Pitt's, 2021 will be a wasted season in my opinion. And thank you for being polite. 

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

While I don't disagree with your post, we have no idea who Fontenot thinks is the bpa at #4. Could be Pitts, Chase, Sewell, a quarterback, Surtain, Parsons, etc. Just because Pitts is your bpa, dosn't mean it's Fontenot's as well

My mind just hit a speed bump after reading your reply. And actually your right, he might try and address "Team Needs". But he has said many times that he would prefer to draft the best player available regardless of team needs. And when you think about it, you don't get better by moving back and trading for future projects, you get better by drafting the best possible future players regardless of need. So far he's signed players in free agency like he said he would. We shall see. Just my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

What kind of numbers are you expecting from Pitts?

It's not the numbers, the only numbers that matter are the Winning the game numbers. It's kind of like having Julio Jones on the team, Julio doesn't have to go out and get 300 yards a game to be disruptive for the Falcons to win the game, all he has to do is show up and let the other team have to account for him, imagine, Pitts on the field with Julio and teams having to deal with them both, and then throw in Ridley and Hurst and Davis and so many other weapons on the Falcons offense. I guess I kind of got off topic, but as to your question, it's not so much Kyle Pitts putting up numbers, it's about having a another ELITE player that is going to have to be accounted for by the defense on the field, disruption is the key to defeating the defense, just my opinion. I just have a feeling about Kyle Pitts, I really believe 3 tight end sets and various play calling scenarios and stuff like that could really make the Falcons offense unstoppable, and I do believe they have a running game again by signing Mike Davis. Time will tell, but anyway that's just my opinion.  

2 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

I have been thinking a lot about the Falcons having the "4th" pick in the draft. I'm hoping they pick Kyle Pitts honestly. 

It's expected the 1st 3 picks will go QB, but then again they may not, but sounds like that is the direction those 1st 3 teams in the draft will go. 

So, my thinking on the "4th Pick" the Falcons currently hold, LOL I sound like DR EVIL with those quotes, sorry. 

I think because it has been said that Terry Fontenot said when it comes to drafting that you draft the best player available regardless of need, I think they should draft Kyle Pitts if he is there at 4. 

Several reasons. But one of the 1st is, if you think about it, you might could trade that pick and move back for "4" picks and draft all LB's, all of which would not be able to cover the person you had a chance to pick in the first place. 

You do not progress by settling for less, you just create what has been known as "The Falcons Mess". 

I think Kyle Pitts should be the pick if available, if not, then best player available regardless of need. No need to rebuild the whole team now, Matt Ryan is here through 2023, those who don't like it, that is just how it is, but personally I think Matt's a great QB and can get the job done. 

Terry Fontenot has been filling the needs for the Falcons with these 1 year contracts with capable VETERAN players slowly through free agency, I like that. Rookies are a Work In Progress, unless they are very special like Kyle Pitts. 

Okay, there, I have voiced my opinion on the draft and put it on record, and by saying on record I mean like a signature, not like that spinning disc that some might think of that used to actually play  music! LOL!

Anyway, I hope I am right. We shall see.... It's a win now situation IMO, not rebuild and hope for the best years from now. JMO. 

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of the crowd on here thinks it will be Pitts. TF has said a few things about the draft. He likes BPA. Fill holes through free agency and draft the best players. He's also said he'll take from the coaches the required attributes they want in their positional groups and find those players.

10 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

The first task of communication is being polite. That being said if the Falcons don't draft Kyle Pitt's, 2021 will be a wasted season in my opinion. And thank you for being polite. 

There's a whole lot of draft to go after round one. Pitts isn't the only stud in this draft. Grady was a 5th round pick. One player isn't going to cause the whole team to go into tank mode, so try not to view it in such a negative aspect. There are a ton of good players in this draft. A 4th or 5th round RB could probably be a borderline starter on this team. And the OL class is deep.

So far, TF has filled some holes in the draft. Give him a year or two before we bring out the gauntlet. As good as Pitts may be, we'll probably never make the playoffs until the defensive side of the ball is addressed in a very big way. We have one good D lineman, a CB and linebackers that are collectively about the top 70th percentile in the league. That's a good start, but there's a long way to go. Hopefully, we've addressed a couple or more of those deficiencies in free agency and will continue to do so.

The acquisition or lack of it regarding one player isn't going to determine the outcome of the season.

19 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

I would not be upset at all with Pitts, but i do hold the belief that this team needs to start winning at the LOS. With a solid OL and a decent amount of time in the pocket you will see TEs, WRs, RBs taken in later rounds look like all world pros. My fear would be taking Pitts and our 24th rated OL not being able to protect Ryan and this Pitts not living up to his potential.

Also, looking at players that TF and AS have brought in, I'm not too sure that they wouldn't rather choose a TE like Friermuth or Tommy Tremble out of Notre Dame to fit their offensive identity. I'm not saying Pitts wouldn't fit, just wondering if other players would fit better according to the coaches schemes.

All in all I think the only way I won't be happy is if we trade down and then not hit on the draft picks we get in the trade down. That's the only scenario I can think of where it would suck!

43 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

My mind just hit a speed bump after reading your reply. And actually your right, he might try and address "Team Needs". But he has said many times that he would prefer to draft the best player available regardless of team needs. And when you think about it, you don't get better by moving back and trading for future projects, you get better by drafting the best possible future players regardless of need. So far he's signed players in free agency like he said he would. We shall see. Just my opinion. 

I didn't say one word about team needs

36 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

It's not the numbers, the only numbers that matter are the Winning the game numbers. It's kind of like having Julio Jones on the team, Julio doesn't have to go out and get 300 yards a game to be disruptive for the Falcons to win the game, all he has to do is show up and let the other team have to account for him, imagine, Pitts on the field with Julio and teams having to deal with them both, and then throw in Ridley and Hurst and Davis and so many other weapons on the Falcons offense. I guess I kind of got off topic, but as to your question, it's not so much Kyle Pitts putting up numbers, it's about having a another ELITE player that is going to have to be accounted for by the defense on the field, disruption is the key to defeating the defense, just my opinion. I just have a feeling about Kyle Pitts, I really believe 3 tight end sets and various play calling scenarios and stuff like that could really make the Falcons offense unstoppable, and I do believe they have a running game again by signing Mike Davis. Time will tell, but anyway that's just my opinion.  

At the end of the day, it is about numbers (points). There is no such thing as a generational decoy

2 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

But one of the 1st is, if you think about it, you might could trade that pick and move back for "4" picks and draft all LB's, all of which would not be able to cover the person you had a chance to pick in the first place. 

Just so well stated. I was thinking about getting this pick and that pick to trade down.........Now you got me cogitating......not to be confused with.............

I just will have to wait and enjoy the excitement. "They"say one man cannot defend this prospect. Sounds okay here. 160915okt.jpg.2500dd27e464ec298d5b72b629d0355a.jpg

Pitts would be a great pick at 4. However, he is not worth 3-4 first/second round picks, which could be the offer to trade back.

Being in the position to get an all world receiving threat at the minimum is a great place to be but someone could make a good offer that may compel them to move back.

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot

Good post. A consolation prize at 4 like Pitts is definitely one option and could set up a big mismatch for a decade.

Not a bad acquisition at all :tiphat:

Yes, many do want to leverage 4th overall into a better defensive unit as a whole; and maybe nab future capital. It’s basically get a haul or stay at 4.

In that scenario, is Chase a better prospect and a way to move on from Julio or even Calvin? Just a counter point. I don’t think anyone can say for certain what Atlanta will do. That’s great news! :D