Arthur Smith is the biggest Upgrade for the Falcons OL.

Ryan Tannehill had the lowest time to sack with 2.9 secs before he was sacked. That is not surprising with Titans playing a third string LT for 40% of the snaps and Ty Samba playing close to other 40% of LT snaps. What was impressive was Titans giving up only 25 sacks for the year. AS called a very good Quick short passing game as most of Tannehill's passes were with in 2.5 seconds. Ryan in 2016 had very similar % of quick passes and like Tannehill had the best NFL rating in quick passing game. It's time to say good bye for the long developing plays and have AS scheme quick passes. 

Matt Ryan's time to sack was 3.55 seconds, much higher than RT. IF the Falcons get back to quick WCO passing game under AS, they don't need to protect for 3.5 seconds. I find posting charts painful on TATF and just created a twitter account. I am not a big social media guy... 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ryan Tannehill had the lowest time to sack with 2.9 secs before he was sacked. That is not surprising with Titans playing a third string LT for 40% of the snaps and Ty Samba playing close to other 40%

Arthur Smith is the biggest Upgrade for the Falcons OL One could probably drop the "L" and still be correct. Having a playcaller smart enough to run an Offense that simply maximizes the proven ta

AS scheme is a QB's best friend. When you run the ball 51% of the time the D has to sell out against the run. When your Oline is stought and your passing formations look like running formati

Arthur Smith is the biggest Upgrade for the Falcons OL

One could probably drop the "L" and still be correct. Having a playcaller smart enough to run an Offense that simply maximizes the proven talent on that side of the ball will do wonders. 

And it's also why i believe in an ideal world AS would rather the Falcons trade down, acquire picks, and get some talent on the D side of the ball. He's likely very confident in his ability to get the O back up the level it is capable of playing at. 

8 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

AS scheme is a QB's best friend.

When you run the ball 51% of the time the D has to sell out against the run.

When your Oline is stought and your passing formations look like running formations there are going to be open receivers

This has nothing to do with the run though. And his online wasn’t stout. They just didn’t have to block for ever. Sure, play action helps but if the WR are running vertica routes, your QB will be on the ground.

10 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Arthur Smith is the biggest Upgrade for the Falcons OL

One could probably drop the "L" and still be correct. Having a playcaller smart enough to run an Offense that simply maximizes the proven talent on that side of the ball will do wonders. 

And it's also why i believe in an ideal world AS would rather the Falcons trade down, acquire picks, and get some talent on the D side of the ball. He's likely very confident in his ability to get the O back up the level it is capable of playing at. 

True but with a third string left tackle was very impressive. No wonder he thinks he can work with the talent he has on the Falcons.

24 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I think we still need a center and could use that hi 2nd round pick on one. Other than this we are set on offense IMO. Of course, I want a feature back as well, but it’s not a must. We can get a productive enough one in middle rounds and use the higher picks on defense. 

Matt Hennessy is a perfect fit for our system 

49 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I think we still need a center and could use that hi 2nd round pick on one. Other than this we are set on offense IMO. Of course, I want a feature back as well, but it’s not a must. We can get a productive enough one in middle rounds and use the higher picks on defense. 

I think they will have Josh’ Andrews and Hennesey compete for the job. I can see them adding a vet center later in preseason.

14 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

would it be so bad if we added AVT and either Humphrey/Dickerson to the line?

what if our Oline was DOMINANT?

it's the stuff of dreams

At what cost? Falcons OL held up longer than Titans OL. It’s always a trade off, There is lot of value on defensive side in round 2 and 3. 

11 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

I can imagine several scenarios whereby we trade out of the first for a pocketful of 2nd and 3rd rounders

the cost would be moving out of the most desirable selection positions to acquire those picks

For this reason the price should be high. It will be tough for a team to justify a trade up for a non QB BPA because of the high cost here. It really depends on how far down we move but if it's to 9 we should be able to acquire and extra 2/3 and a 1 and 3 next year.

Jerry apparently covets Pitts, I wonder what he would be willing to part to get him at 4 or if the cost is just simply too high

I will believe it when I see it.  The EXACT same things were said about Dan Quinn when he was hired.  In fact Quinn had more success as a coordinator than AS.  Being able to run a  great system as a coordinator does not always translate when you become a Head Coach.  We will just have to find out what AS will be able to do as a head coach but I wouldn't assume the OL will automatically be better.

7 minutes ago, insight said:

I will believe it when I see it.  The EXACT same things were said about Dan Quinn when he was hired.  In fact Quinn had more success as a coordinator than AS.  Being able to run a  great system as a coordinator does not always translate when you become a Head Coach.  We will just have to find out what AS will be able to do as a head coach but I wouldn't assume the OL will automatically be better.

DQ had too much talent on Seattle D. AS made Ryan Tannehill much better. Henry wasn’t as good before AS took over. 

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

True, but I would feel better with a featured back. Still think we can get a good one in rounds 3 or 4.

1 hour ago, Doug Carlton said:

I can imagine several scenarios whereby we trade out of the first for a pocketful of 2nd and 3rd rounders

the cost would be moving out of the most desirable selection positions to acquire those picks

And we could get a center, CB, S and/or running back all with high draft picks.