If the Falcons traded Julio Jones today how confident would you feel with Calvin Ridley as our number 1 wide receiver?

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I don’t really care about any of that 007, what WR doesn’t party? (including Julio BTW). There’s no bigger partier in NFL than Gronk, yes?

I just don’t see anyone paying a king’s ransom for a 32 year old WR.

I don’t care either unless the Club thinks QB is going too crazy. My point was Hopkins trade never made sense unless they wanted to dump him. I don’t think Gronk would influence Brady. 

14 hours ago, ukfalc said:

It makes far more sense to draft Pitt’s, trade Julio and extend Ridley.

Paying Julio top market setting money in his 30’s to catch 5-6 TDs a year is poor use of our cap space.

Who’s taking on JJ contract? What do you think we can get for +30 WR making $23M over the next 2 yrs in a cap flat year?

With Ridley at least you can get ROI 1st round pick. Pro Bowl caliber still under his rookie contract with a reasonable 5th year option.

For me this is not who I like more, it about who can I get the most for. The reality is with Foye, Calvin, Grady, Jake and Hayden are all free agency in the next year or two. We are going to lose multiple players. Might as well prepare to soften the blow with high end replacements. 

On 4/18/2021 at 1:35 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How good do you think Calvin Ridley would be if he didn't have Julio to take pressure off of him? Do you think that Calvin Ridley is ready to be our number 1 receiver? Do you think that he would step up against the better defenses and lead the way in a playoff atmosphere? Will he be worth the big contract that we will have to pay him considering our teams cap problems?

Ridley played in eight games that Julio missed over the last two seasons. He had 55 receptions, 841 yards and 4 TDs. That projects to 110 receptions, 1682 yards and 8 TDs over a 16 game season. That's pretty close to Julio's second best season. He could hold down the number one spot.

Calvin is a good WR, but he isn't a dominant force like Julio was.  Julio was best 1,2,3 in the game.  Calvin will have match-ups where a top CB will get the better of him.  I think if you get the A game from a Jalen Ramsey or Marshon Lattimore, Ridley can be shut-down.

I still think Ridley can improve.  He is headed into year 4.  He isn't Marvin Harrison yet.

Edited by isproab

Ridleys game reminds me more of a guy like Antonio Brown...maybe not as physically dominant, but such a technician. Wasn’t long ago many claimed AB was the best in the game, despite not being a physical beast like JJ is.

you could argue JJs shadow is prevent Ridley from getting the credit he deserves...just look at many of the responses in this thread. Same thing Reggie Wayne dealt with until Harrison was gone.

Or like what Peerless Price dealt with until he left Eric Moulds’ shadow...oh wait, never mind 😂 

On 4/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, Power I said:

He already became our #1 last season in my opinion. 

Thank you. What football are some folks watch. And folks stop making the physical comparison to JJ. Julio is 6'3 220 and Rid is 6'1 190. So yes he is not gonna be physical or beat triple coverage by catching the ball i traffic. Rid is our #1. Although next draft if im ATL in scouting Ross,Metchie, and Pickens real hard.

35 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Ridleys game reminds me more of a guy like Antonio Brown...maybe not as physically dominant, but such a technician. Wasn’t long ago many claimed AB was the best in the game, despite not being a physical beast like JJ is.

you could argue JJs shadow is prevent Ridley from getting the credit he deserves...just look at many of the responses in this thread. Same thing Reggie Wayne dealt with until Harrison was gone.

Or like what Peerless Price dealt with until he left Eric Moulds’ shadow...oh wait, never mind 😂 

An argument could also be made for the progression of Ridleys career being on Julio showing the nuances.

Thing for me is now Julio’s coming to thee end of it he no doubt has a big influence on how these young guys coming prepare and develop.Not a lot talk about that when it comes to Jones.LIKE RW did for him he’s doing a it for Ridley.

For me for Ridley to get to Julio’s level which is Everest like at his peak putting the team on his back and carrying the team in big games is his next step.