Broncos have NOT reached out to ATL

Looks like there has been no outreach for a trade up. Sucks this was my favorite potential trade back spot

Benjamin Allbright

@AllbrightNFL

·

49m

Per source with knowledge of the situation: the #Broncos have not called Atlanta about trading up to 4 thus far, does not mean they are not looking at quarterbacks in the draft, doesn't mean they wont...but have not thus far.

If there is a trade down, it's highly unlikely that it will happen before we are on the clock.  Remember that after SF moved to 3, Schefter reported that SF had discussions with us but opted to deal with Miami because SF wanted to get as high as the could and because Miami was willing to deal right then.  That tells me that we want to see who goes in front of us before we commit to moving down.

1 minute ago, Dem Birds said:

I just read a little bit ago the Woody Paige said they had. I don't typically take Paige serious anymore but he is very in the know with Denver

Yeah I saw Paige story too, Albright's tweet was in response to that.  Two other Broncos insiders (Troy Renck and Andrew Mason) corroborated Albright on twitter

i feel like ppl reading to much into all this..... the broncos will speak to the falcons (if they havnt already) .... its all about if they are offering what we want.

idc if they called the falcons and it was a weak offer..... Lets just sit back and see..... The week of the draft is when we will hear whats going on

3 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i feel like ppl reading to much into all this..... the broncos will speak to the falcons (if they havnt already) .... its all about if they are offering what we want.

idc if they called the falcons and it was a weak offer..... Lets just sit back and see..... The week of the draft is when we will hear whats going on

You know we can’t wait for that here. We need to know now! It has to be broken, broken down, and then hashed over until it’s purée. 

By the way, in Woody Paige's story the deal he speculated on was:

DEN receives- pick 4, Atlanta's fourth-round pick and one of Atlanta's fifth-round picks

ATL receives- pick 9, Denver's third-round pick and Denver's 2022 1st

That would not be enough to move off of 4 in my opinion.  We'd actually be trading down and coming away with FEWER picks (8 instead of 9) in 2021.  Not worth it.

My cousin went to high school with the sister of a security guard in Flowery Branch and he told her he definitely thought he heard that TF might have a voice mail from Denver or from his wife. He said Fontenot either said the Broncos are interested in acquiring the pick or his wife wanted him to bring home a couple of Impossible Whoppers.

So I have to believe something is going on regarding a trade.

1 hour ago, Al Bruce said:

By the way, in Woody Paige's story the deal he speculated on was:

DEN receives- pick 4, Atlanta's fourth-round pick and one of Atlanta's fifth-round picks

ATL receives- pick 9, Denver's third-round pick and Denver's 2022 1st

That would not be enough to move off of 4 in my opinion.  We'd actually be trading down and coming away with FEWER picks (8 instead of 9) in 2021.  Not worth it.

why are we giving up 3 picks ?