But, but, but, but, but Matt Ryan......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matt Ryan has never been the problem. Getting madden users who need mobile QB's to play online to understand that is the problem. 

But getting rid of Matt Ryan will fix all the Falcons problems according to the masses!! Yep, makes perfect sense!!      

Matt should share some blame.....he had some bad games in which in made costly mistakes. He’s collected some garbage yardage against prevent defenses. That’s why his numbers look good. His W L record

6 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

points against wasn't that horrendous last year, i think we were 19th in the league. we only lost once when scoring >30 pts in 2020.

to look at it a different way, we scored 24.8 points per game and gave up 25.9. now if pees' defense can give up one less td per game and smith's O can get us one more td per game.......

Problem is a lot of those points come from (the Quinn era) late 3rd quarter and in the 4th quarter.  Quinn's defense could not close games, as a matter of fact, their defense were porous late in games, scheme, philosophy, personnel, and general lack of confidence in the staff were all attributors to these late game failures.  

I have no reason to doubt that tweaking the personnel and schemes, and giving Pees the reins we can reverse that trend rather quickly. 

45 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Matt should share some blame.....he had some bad games in which in made costly mistakes. He’s collected some garbage yardage against prevent defenses. That’s why his numbers look good. His W L record last three yrs looks  bad. 
The bottom line is winning games.

Every QB has bad games. Also it isn’t his W/L record. It’s the Falcons W/L record. Ryan isn’t blameless and he’s not 100% to blame. But people want to lay all the Falcons losses at his feet and it’s ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Every QB has bad games. Also it isn’t his W/L record. It’s the Falcons W/L record. Ryan isn’t blameless and he’s not 100% to blame. But people want to lay all the Falcons losses at his feet and it’s ridiculous.

He ShOuLd pUt tHe TeAm On hIs bAcK.gOoD QB fInDs WaY tO wIn.....

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree he should share some blame, and had some head scratchers. That said, there weren’t many games the Falcons weren’t in at the end (heck, leading many of them), so not buying the garbage stats narrative at all.

Beat me to it.  I’m tired of this “Matt Stats” narrative that’s been thrown around after last season.  Someone who doesn’t watch games, probably highlights, came up with that BS.  When I ask people who say that to explain how he has garbage time stats when it’s widely known they blew multiple 4th quarter leads last season they have no response.

Did Matt make some questionable throws and bad decisions at times last season, yes, but a lot of that had to do with trying to make something out of nothing and having one of the worst rushing games in the league.  We need to be able to run the ball to keep teams from pinning their ears back and sacking our QB.  DA play calling didn’t help either, idk why we didn’t use the RB out of the backfield more.  

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree he should share some blame, and had some head scratchers. That said, there weren’t many games the Falcons weren’t in at the end (heck, leading many of them), so not buying the garbage stats narrative at all.

Yeah I don’t buy part of myself but I personally witnessed some of it in person or on TV with my eyes. I like MR I just think we need one of the young guns QBs. He needs a RB that’s when his improvement will start.  But like it or not he has some garbage yards. I think the Falcons can win with MR but one of these young gun slingers who extend plays could do it and maybe in a better way.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I didn’t say all the Falcons losses were his fault. He has failed to win some close games lately. It’s his year to prove he can do the job - no more coaching excuses. I’m pulling for him but if he can’t do the job let the rookie play.

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

Cool..same post regurgitated for the 100th time. 

Hard hitting stuff. For all your whining about QB posts at nauseum, you do the same exact thing over and over and over about Ryan. At least no CAPS in this post, so we have progress.

Kudos!

You want to talk about regurgitation? How many Justin Fields threads are made in TATF a day? And he doesn’t even play for the falcons 

An actual pass rush will help the CBs we have.  Just took AJ last year in the first, going CB again (in the first) like some have suggested with the pass rush we have isn't the way to go IMO.  Especially considering what it means in players we would have passed over for that.  And for those who think having a better back end will help the pass rush, I will acknowledge there is substance to that.  However, I'm a firm believer in OL and DL winning titles and history has consistently shown that.

3 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Yeah I don’t buy part of myself but I personally witnessed some of it in person or on TV with my eyes. I like MR I just think we need one of the young guns QBs. He needs a RB that’s when his improvement will start.  But like it or not he has some garbage yards. I think the Falcons can win with MR but one of these young gun slingers who extend plays could do it and maybe in a better way.

Well, at least you're close to admitting the truth here. You want a QB that runs around like an idiot because you're more invested in the entertainment value of football than you are actually winning. All the people that think like you would die from having to watch Tom Brady play for 20 years and win 7 Super Bowls. You don't actually care about the winning. You wanna be entertained. It's the Michael Vick syndrome. People didn't really care if Vick won the game or not as long as he had a few of those highlight reel plays to keep them entertained.

1 hour ago, dapanch420 said:

what we need is a pass rush.  we can have the best corners, safeties, linbeackers. but without a pass rush this defense will never play to its full potential.

It would sure help.  A good pass rush turns good corners in great corners all of a sudden...funny how that works.

2 hours ago, dapanch420 said:

what we need is a pass rush.  we can have the best corners, safeties, linbeackers. but without a pass rush this defense will never play to its full potential.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

It would sure help.  A good pass rush turns good corners in great corners all of a sudden...funny how that works.

My counter to this thinking is that when QBs never have to hold onto the ball you can have 4 clones of Reggie White out there and it won't matter if the QB is able to get rid of the ball in less than 2.5 seconds. How do I know this? Because in 2020 the Falcons actually had a good pass rush. I know, it's impossible to think that is possible but there's numbers to back this up. Check out the Falcons ranks in these stats and tell me which one doesn't belong.

• Hurries = 71 (5th)
  • Hurry Percentage = 10.4% (9th)
  • QB Knockdowns = 61 (9th)
  • Knockdown Percentage = 9.8% (14th)
  • Pressures = 161 (10th)
  • Pressure Percentage = 23.6% (15th)
  • Sacks = 29 (23rd)

So, tell me, how can the Falcons be so good at getting pressure on the QB and actually hitting him but so bad at getting sacks? It's because of the problem on the back end with the coverage having guys open. If QB's have to hold onto the ball that extra split second those pressures start turning into sacks.

I get so frustrated trying to get people to understand this.