Jump to content

But, but, but, but, but Matt Ryan......


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matt Ryan has never been the problem. Getting madden users who need mobile QB's to play online to understand that is the problem. 

But getting rid of Matt Ryan will fix all the Falcons problems according to the masses!! Yep, makes perfect sense!!      

Matt should share some blame.....he had some bad games in which in made costly mistakes. He’s collected some garbage yardage against prevent defenses. That’s why his numbers look good. His W L record

It will take a lot to fix our defense. 
 

Mainly the front 4 or 3... Whatever base defense we decide to run. This is why I think we get a TE to fix the offense. One DB will not fix this defense at all. Honestly one pass rushing DE won’t fix this defense at all. We need the D coordinator that can scheme and make adjustments on the fly and a RZ offense that can convert. We get that we WILL win championships.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

I'm just surprised we weren't last in every category 😲😄

The biggest surprise was that there are 7 defenses giving up more points than the Falcons the last 3 seasons. That's pretty remarkable considering how many games the Falcons have lost when scoring 30 plus points the last 3 seasons because the defense couldn't hold the opponent below 30.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Macintez said:

It will take a lot to fix our defense. 
 

Mainly the front 4 or 3... Whatever base defense we decide to run. This is why I think we get a TE to fix the offense. One DB will not fix this defense at all. Honestly one pass rushing DE won’t fix this defense at all. We need the D coordinator that can scheme and make adjustments on the fly and a RZ offense that can convert. We get that we WILL win championships.

I think we've got a lot of pieces in place on defense honestly. Look at how well they played against the Chiefs. The problem is the coaching hasn't always put them in position to play good enough. HelI, we've seen great defense and horrendous defense in the same game. Last year in the first half of the first Bucs game defense shut them out. Then the second they couldn't stop air. It's ridiculous. There's a reason Dean Pees has talked up the defense since he's gotten hired. He knows there's some pieces to work with. Do we need more pieces? Sure, but we've already got some pieces to work with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The biggest surprise was that there are 7 defenses giving up more points than the Falcons the last 3 seasons. That's pretty remarkable considering how many games the Falcons have lost when scoring 30 plus points the last 3 seasons because the defense couldn't hold the opponent below 30.

it's surprising because we cannot fathom others being worse but that's because their rosters suck. We actually had some talent at spots some times...it's the disappointment from higher expectations that hurts so bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The biggest surprise was that there are 7 defenses giving up more points than the Falcons the last 3 seasons. That's pretty remarkable considering how many games the Falcons have lost when scoring 30 plus points the last 3 seasons because the defense couldn't hold the opponent below 30.

points against wasn't that horrendous last year, i think we were 19th in the league. we only lost once when scoring >30 pts in 2020.

to look at it a different way, we scored 24.8 points per game and gave up 25.9. now if pees' defense can give up one less td per game and smith's O can get us one more td per game.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

points against wasn't that horrendous last year, i think we were 19th in the league. we only lost once when scoring >30 pts in 2020.

to look at it a different way, we scored 24.8 points per game and gave up 25.9. now if pees' defense can give up one less td per game and smith's O can get us one more td per game.......

But it was so so so bad in 2018 and 2019. That's when all those 30 point losses came from. Defense was much better at times last year. That is why Pees has talked it up and said that the expectations should be do what they did against Chiefs every game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

points against wasn't that horrendous last year, i think we were 19th in the league. we only lost once when scoring >30 pts in 2020.

to look at it a different way, we scored 24.8 points per game and gave up 25.9. now if pees' defense can give up one less td per game and smith's O can get us one more td per game.......

2018 Chiefs were ranked 24th in team defense and lost by 7 in the AFC Championship game. Stellar qb play can override defensive liabilities...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Tale of two halves. Falcons had historically one of the worst defenses of first 8-9 weeks in both 3018 and 2019. The defense was better in meaningless games which saved DQs job. 

DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

 

Now we're doing some time traveling!!! 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know i look at the team last year( I'm old and can't remember past then), and I do remember a defense that played with a lead for most of the game, in most games. Other teams were playing catch up in the 2nd half. They were passing more against probably the weakest link on our team, defensive backfield. We were poor at making adjustments, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, and had no running game to keep the other team off the field. These are not hard fixes. We are not far from being a winning team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t you get the memo...still MRs fault...he didn’t sustain enough drives and the defense was tired from the first series due to this.

Same goes for Ryan blowing all other big leads by himself...if he would have just lead a great 30 min drive in the 2nd half we would have won those games.

also, rumor has it if he could scramble the defense would improve by 7-8 ppg.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not his play it’s his contract I love my team but I know we are not competing for a super bowl no time soon so why keep all that money if you don’t have to our super bowl bust will be his legacy it’s time to move on no one is saying he can’t play but what’s the point of losing the whole season and start winning at the end every year to mess up draft status I’m so sick of the same bs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Matt should share some blame.....he had some bad games in which in made costly mistakes. He’s collected some garbage yardage against prevent defenses. That’s why his numbers look good. His W L record last three yrs looks  bad. 
The bottom line is winning games.

I agree he should share some blame, and had some head scratchers. That said, there weren’t many games the Falcons weren’t in at the end (heck, leading many of them), so not buying the garbage stats narrative at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...