35 minutes ago, FalconDiddly18 said:

If waddle is still there at 15 I'd be pretty excited with that pick. We could take care of our PR and have a dangerous special teams. Both Ridley and Julio can't seem to play 16 games and now they have to play 17 so he could help out on offense as well. 

Fair enough. Still think we should stay put and grab Pitts, but I wouldn't be upset. Imagine that. A corp made of 3 first round picks. Not to mention he could learn from 2 elite WRs.

Edited by irrevelantfalconsfan

Absurd. Not only is Waddle gone by 15, but the capital NE would have to spend to move up for the 4th best QB isn’t worth the 4th best QB. AND, with all the holes we have, TF goes WR with his first ever Falcons pick? A position group which by most opinions we are already stacked at?

Is Gage that underrated? The kid is a gem and hands down would be a #2 on probably 30 teams in this league, and yet he’s our #3.  But we need another first round WR???

🤦🏼‍♂️ SMH

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Absurd. Not only is Waddle gone by 15, but the capital NE would have to spend to move up for the 4th best QB isn’t worth the 4th best QB. AND, with all the holes we have, TF goes WR with his first ever Falcons pick? A position group which by most opinions we are already stacked at?

Is Gage that underrated? The kid is a gem and hands down would be a #2 on probably 30 teams in this league, and yet he’s our #3.  But we need another first round WR???

🤦🏼‍♂️ SMH

Your concept isn’t wrong, but consider:

Gage is in his final year of rookie contract. He is likely getting paid outside Atlanta if he keeps trending up because Atlanta will prioritize extending Calvin; if Ridley has a big year again and will want to avoid having a big cap number for 2022, due to the 5th Year Option, which creates less cap space than a backloaded extension would allow.

Then, you have some concern over Julio making it through a season without nagging lower body injuries. The foot is always gonna be tender at times because of the severity of the fracture before. But, repeated leg injuries moving ahead is probably the main concern.

On top of this, Hurst is also at a similar spot to Ridley; although likely a cheaper year 5 option on his rookie deal and right now even with a big 2021 year 2 with Matt...could play on the option if Atlanta wants him to stay for 2022; and avoids trying to extend both Ridley and Hurst at the same time while JJ is still paid $20M.

Therefore, a receiver isn’t a big stretch but it IS if Atlanta trades Down. In that sense, I agree with you because if it’s a receiver first approach but moving to the mid first round? That’s woefully inefficient in a vacuum anyway. Just take Pitts or even Chase at 4.

Otoh, Atlanta may well like Sewell for locking down the OL with existing receiver core moving forward.

Take a defender all day at 15 unless BPA was different. I can understand the pick but would prefer to stay at 4 or even trade down again and take Najee.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I was interested in waddle before we signed patterson because he's a kick return beast, but now? Nah

I’d just as soon take Sewell at 4 or the best TE or WR even; but even that is rich. The Pats would definitely need to give us their 2022 and 2023 1st round picks. As a start by point.

But, if we missed out on Parsons and the best 2 CBs...

See, I’d consider Najee and Asante Samuel Jr as my first two picks. One at 15 and the other at top of round 2. Depends on what else we got from NE to justify Najee early like at 15. The value would be relatively bad, given RB durability and it being the most expensive rookie. I’d much rather trade back again unless the way they have the draft fall has another defender worth grabbing at 15.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Waddle is one of the value picks in top of the draft. He fell because of injury but IMO there isn’t much separating Chase and him. I think Waddle(barring injury) can be better pro than chase. 

Maybe I’m wrong then. I’m hyper focusing and forgetting about what NE would give up.

Does that mean Atlanta trade Gage before the season or during the draft and gets multiple 1s and NEs 2nd and more as well for 2021?

Give me their next 2 first rounders and a couple 2nds then we’ll talk.

Because, going WR first is almost waving by to Gage. So if it got us more capital back from Gage than him walking next offseason as an UFA; wouldn’t it be best to get more from NE in this scenario by throwing him in?

Edited by Ergo Proxy
3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Maybe I’m wrong then. I’m hyper focusing and forgetting about what NE would give up.

Does that mean Atlanta trade Gage before the season or during the draft and gets multiple 1s and NEs 2nd and more as well for 2021?

Because, going WR first is almost waving by to Gage. So if it got us more capital back from Gage than him walking next offseason as an UFA; wouldn’t it be best to get more from NE in this scenario by throwing him in?

I don’t think WR has anything to do with Gage. It’s more on options from Julio/Ridley and Hurst. Gage can be the 4th WR, a possession guy. PFF didn’t imply what type of compensation for the picks. But I would do one similar to what Niners gave up. 

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Leaning towards thinking a "receiver" isn't a bad choice with big decisions involving CR and JJ.

I don't think it necessarily means Gage is gone.

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t think WR has anything to do with Gage. It’s more on options from Julio/Ridley and Hurst. Gage can be the 4th WR, a possession guy. PFF didn’t imply what type of compensation for the picks. But I would do one similar to what Niners gave up. 

6 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Leaning towards thinking a "receiver" isn't a bad choice with big decisions involving CR and JJ.

I don't think it necessarily means Gage is gone.

Thanks guys. I was wrong on Gage probably.

To clarify: The reason I mentioned Gage is because of him playing on year 4 and becoming UFA after 2021. So, if it helped a package trade for multiple 1s out of NE then maybe it could be worth including him, but I concede that’s jumping and overreacting...

Gage is still an excellent depth piece and chain mover already. Keep cheap depth. It’s just receiver starts to get crowded and I doubt Atlanta can afford Gage long term after 2021; if he has a nice year and hits UFA (with JJ, CR and even HH possibly going off year 2 with Matt; let alone if another receiver comes in...all of those are on contract for 2022)

3 hours ago, FalconDiddly18 said:

If waddle is still there at 15 I'd be pretty excited with that pick. We could take care of our PR and have a dangerous special teams. Both Ridley and Julio can't seem to play 16 games and now they have to play 17 so he could help out on offense as well. 

we already got cordarrelle patterson

10 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To clarify: The reason I mentioned Gage is because of him playing on year 4 and becoming UFA after 2021. So, if it helped a package trade for multiple 1s out of NE then maybe it could be worth including him, but I concede that’s jumping and overreacting...

Gage is still an excellent depth piece and chain mover already. Keep cheap depth. It’s just receiver starts to get crowded and I doubt Atlanta can afford Gage long term after 2021; if he has a nice year and hits UFA (with JJ, CR and even HH possibly going off year 2 with Matt; let alone if another receiver comes in...all of those are on contract for 2022)

Gage is a volume guy like Harry Douglas. Easily replaceable next year with a mid to late round pick. 

20 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

The more I think about it, the more I agree to stay at #4.  Pitts, Chase, or Sewell seem like sure bets that can't be passed up.

Think about it.. you have to nail that 1st ever pick as GM. Dimi drafting MR2 with his first ever pick probably bought him years of employment when many of his other drafts failed

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The receiver could be Pitts